• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
After thumbing through my twitter machine ,I’m amazed that the #StajOut shite hasn’t started yet ......not that I want it too

midfielder

Hey guys, just following on the new CEO at the Leagues club was really good and open to working hard to make the experience better for Mariners fans and members with a view to rekindle the partnership between CCLC and CCM.

I went through some of the challenges from previous seasons and the experiences that have caused us as a club and also you as a fanbase to slowly walk away from the leagues club.

We will be working closely with them on building a strategy and hopefully there are some really positive outcomes that are driven from this before the end of the season.

Happy to bring any suggestions and specifics that you guys might have up with them over the next few weeks. One concept that I would be keen to hear would be to have a post match function at the leagues club after the Brisbane Roar game on the 25th Feb? It would probably be around 8pm but to meet all the players and hear from Staj straight after the match could be a potential function that we put on? Thoughts?

Shaun

Marketing folk will tell you the hardest client to win is a former client that has left you.

CCLC lost the fans over a number of years, the business mistakes they made could be used as a case study in how not to do things and turn people away.

The reason I posted the above sentence is to drive home to the club, its been mostly there own actions and non actions that has caused the walk out. Meaning they need to work their socks off to win people back, and more so to stem the flow that is increasing.

How do they repair the damage, tis an interesting question...

For starters they could show they care .... how could they do that, three simple things.

1] At the entrances to the club have larger Mariner pictures of past players and signed shirts.
2] Match days dress bar staff in Mariner shirts.
3] Allocate part of the club as a Mariners area pre and post match's, have the allocated bar filled with Mariners pictures, signed shirts.

More direct things.

Allocate to all Mariner members, say 6 free drink vouchers, limited to wine and beer...

On a similar theme, if you are a Mariner member receive 5% off drink prices.

Shaun, its difficult to turn back a flowing tide and thats what the CCLC is faced with.... it needs to be said ,their own incompetence and arrogance being the chief course ...

I would add this equally applies to CCM as the inability to put a team not battling for the spoon over 5 years and maybe more ..... the unwillingness to invest in either a top striker and central defender pre-season and what anyone who analysis-ed our club including the forum said was essential.... it is starting to bite at a community level.... CCM also need to work hard to get fans back....

style_cafe

Hey guys, just following on the new CEO at the Leagues club was really good and open to working hard to make the experience better for Mariners fans and members with a view to rekindle the partnership between CCLC and CCM.

I went through some of the challenges from previous seasons and the experiences that have caused us as a club and also you as a fanbase to slowly walk away from the leagues club.

We will be working closely with them on building a strategy and hopefully there are some really positive outcomes that are driven from this before the end of the season.

Happy to bring any suggestions and specifics that you guys might have up with them over the next few weeks. One concept that I would be keen to hear would be to have a post match function at the leagues club after the Brisbane Roar game on the 25th Feb? It would probably be around 8pm but to meet all the players and hear from Staj straight after the match could be a potential function that we put on? Thoughts?

I hate to be negative but that`s the last place i`d want to go if we we didn`t win...:popcorn:

pjennings

PEDJ BOJIC TO SUPPORT GOSFORD CITY FC
Pedj-Bojic-GCFC.png

Gosford City FC is excited to announce that former Central Coast Mariners legend and Sydney FC player, Pedj Bojic, will be training Gosford City FC's Under 18’s Squad in the 2020 preseason.

In a coup for Gosford City, Pedj will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to our under 18’s squad. Pedj has played over 250 pro games both in the UK and the A-League. For more than 10 years Pedj has been mentoring and training pro athletes, sporting teams and young inspiring footballers and currently operates a successful football orientated, strength & conditioning business with an A-list of clients such as Socceroo & English Premier League goalkeeper, & former Central Coast Mariner, Matt Ryan, as well as Socceroo, international player & former Central Coast Mariner, Mustafa Amini.

https://www.gosfordcityfc.org.au/news-category/5501-pedj-bojic-to-support-gosford-city-fc

Michael

Just watching this U23 match vs Iraq on Kayo.
And genuinely blown away that buhagiar is on the same pitch as these players. The iraqi’s are very very good btw.
He’s literally been invisible. Chased down one ball and put a cross in. And he started over a player like Italiano?!? Is he dating arnie’s unknown 2nd daughter or something?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So, what do we think,given our lack of crowds .....more night games or change the whole friggin comp to winter/spring

sydmariner

Catch an Away Day Bus to the Derby in Round 18!
Tickets are now available for Mariners fans to jump on Away Day Bus when the boys head to Newcastle to take on the Jets in the #F3Derby in Hyundai A-League Round 18.

Options are available for both the Party Bus and Premium Coach Service to Newcastle, so join us at McDonald Jones Stadium as we look to beat the Jets on their own turf.

Party Bus |
Thanks to Party Bus Central Coast, you can be loud and proud on your way to McDonald Jones Stadium. Passengers are welcome to bring along their own food and drink, and join in the fun as we kick off the Hyundai A-League season. Minimum numbers apply for service to go ahead.

Premium Coach Service |
For those looking to travel to Netstrata Jubilee Oval via coach, a premium service will be available for these Passengers. Please note that no food or drink is permitted on this coach. Minimum numbers apply for service to go ahead.

Book your seat now!
Don't forget, Mariners Members get free entry into #F3Derby matches in Newcastle through our reciprocal relationship with the Jets.

Pricing (Members Only) |
Party Bus |

Adult travel only - $25

Concession travel only - $20

Child travel only - $15

Premium Coach |

Adult travel only – $45

Concession travel only - $35

Child travel only - $25

Click here to book!
Non-members are asked to contact the Membership & Ticketing department on 4353 7200 to book their spot!

Big Al

Anybody want to be the BBQ sauce mascot. A League memes raising funds for bushfires and CCM have put in a prize of being the BBQ sauce bottle. But bring your wallet

bikinigirl

Catch an Away Day Bus to the Derby in Round 18!
Tickets are now available for Mariners fans to jump on Away Day Bus when the boys head to Newcastle to take on the Jets in the #F3Derby in Hyundai A-League Round 18.

Options are available for both the Party Bus and Premium Coach Service to Newcastle, so join us at McDonald Jones Stadium as we look to beat the Jets on their own turf.

Party Bus |
Thanks to Party Bus Central Coast, you can be loud and proud on your way to McDonald Jones Stadium. Passengers are welcome to bring along their own food and drink, and join in the fun as we kick off the Hyundai A-League season. Minimum numbers apply for service to go ahead.

Premium Coach Service |
For those looking to travel to Netstrata Jubilee Oval via coach, a premium service will be available for these Passengers. Please note that no food or drink is permitted on this coach. Minimum numbers apply for service to go ahead.

Book your seat now!
Don't forget, Mariners Members get free entry into #F3Derby matches in Newcastle through our reciprocal relationship with the Jets.

Pricing (Members Only) |
Party Bus |

Adult travel only - $25

Concession travel only - $20

Child travel only - $15

Premium Coach |

Adult travel only – $45

Concession travel only - $35

Child travel only - $25

Click here to book!
Non-members are asked to contact the Membership & Ticketing department on 4353 7200 to book their spot!

. those providing the Premium Service must think a trip to Newcastle is beneath them :piralaugh:

scottmac

Suspended

Out of genuine curiosity, what is it that the CCLC does for the mariners or our supporters that they expect attendance or patronage?

Elite

Out of genuine curiosity, what is it that the CCLC does for the mariners or our supporters that they expect attendance or patronage?
It has always absolutely baffled me how any sort of on-going events/relationship hasn't been formed. Such a great opportunity that hasn't been capitalised on. One can only assume that it would've been hugely beneficial to both parties over the years.

Josho Howe

Someone who was there back in the first few seasons would know more than me, but l believe the relationship started off pretty well Seasons 1/2/3 but it dropped off and then just became non-existent. I feel as if they believe they should get the patronage on game days since they're literally across the road and it's convenient for most which is true. However, with Bay Rd and Baker St. providing an alternative, they've lost business and now realise they've got competition. Bay Rd for me has been a welcome addition and a fantastic alternative with its location and its good beers and vibes and CCLC now have to actually try and get those people back by doing something.

turbo

I feel as if they believe they should get the patronage on game days since they're literally across the road and it's convenient for most which is true
This. They get business by default and have been taking it for granted. Well that's if they even care, with the way they've systematically managed to kill it off as somewhere young people might go over the last 15-20 years they can't be surprised when those same customers now in their 30s and 40s have little interest in attending and young people in their late teens early 20s never became customers at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami