• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Marinators Club Movember - Official

Alicia

[size=10pt]Marinators Club Movember[/size]
October 31st to December 1st

The Marinators Club is proud to announce participation in Movember. Movember the month formally known as November is a charity event held during November each year.

What is Movember?
At the start of Movember guys register with a clean shaven face. The Movember participants known as Mo Bros then have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their moustache and along the way raise as much money and awareness about male health issues as possible.

Movember culminates at the end of the month with a "Mo-off" where as well as raising money and awareness about male health issues we will announce our Marinators Club Movember Man 2007.

Why?

The answer is because men lack awareness about the very real health issues they face, have a "she'll be right" attitude and are reluctant to see a doctor about an illness or to go for regular medical checks.

The aim of Movember is to change these attitudes, make male health fun by putting the Mo back on the face of fashion and in the process raise some serious funds for key male health issues, including:

Depression affects 1 in 6 men...Most don't seek help. Untreated depression is a leading risk factor for suicide.
Last year in Australia 18,700 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer and more than 2,900 died of prostate cancer - equivalent to the number of women who die from breast cancer annually.
Men are far less healthy than women. The average life expectancy of males is 5 years less than females.

How?

Mo Bros need to start 1 November (Movember) clean shaven and then grow and groom their Mo for the rest of the month

If you would like more information on Movember, please ask or visit the website; www.movember.com

If you would like to become a Mo Bro please send me a PM and I will forward registration details to you. Once you have registered ask your friends, family, colleagues, suppliers, customers, anyone to sponsor your Movember efforts.

Further details on Marinators Club Movember and The Shave Off will follow soon........................

Alicia

If you would like to participate in Movember, please PM me with your First Name, Last Name and e-mail address you'd like registration details sent to.

Thanks, Alicia

Deej

My mo would be pathetic - a reverse Hitler tash, hair on the sides and nothing in the middle lol

I would have done it for a laugh but Bek said no as we have Kyla's christening in November lol

Jeff (LouMacari)

DJ said:
My mo would be pathetic - a reverse Hitler tash, hair on the sides and nothing in the middle lol

I would have done it for a laugh but Bek said no as we have Kyla's christening in November lol
you f***ing pussy whipped, 'yes' man....LOL what's wrong with a bit of 'foo man choo' action...? All is ok for movember, thats what it's all about, and when people ask at the christening "what the f*** is up with your face DJ?" You tell them all about mens issues and get them to sponsor you and they will all say "LEGEND, THAT DJ IS!" , well....all except Bek that is~!

Deej

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
DJ said:

you f***ing pussy whipped, 'yes' man....LOL what's wrong with a bit of 'foo man choo' action...? All is ok for movember, thats what it's all about, and when people ask at the christening "what the f*** is up with your face DJ?" You tell them all about mens issues and get them to sponsor you and they will all say "LEGEND, THAT DJ IS!" , well....all except Bek that is~!

Bek won't allow me in any photo's lol

Deej

No chance on both counts 1) me growing a tash, and b) you sorting Bek out lol

Alicia

Just a reminder about Movember, please note you don't need to be a Marinators Club Member to participate. 

All you have to do is grow a Mo and get sponsors, easy!!

Alicia

Press Release

29 October 2007
for immediate release

"Mo-bro" Marinators
Movember 2007

The Marinators, supporters' group of the Central Coast Mariners, will prove that they are the hairiest supporters of the A-League by getting behind the Movember cause this year.

The vocal and colourful group will unite in an effort to grow the best "mo" while raising money for men's health. The Marinators have enlisted the help of Central Coast Mariners' players Andre Gumprecht, Damian Brown and Paul O'Grady. Also, shaving his current growth Mariners' shareholer Peter Turnbull will join the cause in an effort to grow a better "Movember".

"This is a great opportunity for the Marinators to have a bit of fun, but also raise valuable dollars in such vital areas as prostate cancer and mental health", said Marinators Movember coordinator Alicia Battiste. "The Marinators have a history of raising money for charity as well as strengthening the community bond of Mariners' fans."

The Marinators as well as Central Coast Mariners players will be on hand this Wednesday to shave their faces to begin the Movember monthly journey. The best "Mo" will be judged after the Mariners v Sydney FC game on 1 December.

When: 11.30am, Wednesday 31 October
Where: Jubilee Park, Kitchener Road, The Entrance
What: Marinators shave for Movember, Central Coast Mariners, Mariners shareholder Peter Turnbull.

end

For more information contact:
Jeff Hall 0433 877 148
Alicia Battiste 0404 832 829
Michael Kmet 0409 903 545

Alicia

Ok guys, the Big Shave off is tomorrow. If you can make it please let us know. If you can't attend the shave off that's fine.

If your interested in participating it's not too late. Please send me a PM and I'll get you started.

Mo growing is from 31st October till 1st December, where there will be prizes for the best mo and the most money raised. Winners will be announced in the post match function after the Mariners V Sydney game.

For those participating, if people can't sponsor you via the Movember website, they can give you the money. All money raised is to be given to myself on 1st December in the Kendall Bar prior to the massive Mariners V Sydney game.

Remember, it's a bit of fun and to raise money for Men's Health....yes that's right.....something that affects you guys. If you think you can't grow a mo, give it a go, you could still win!!

Go forth and be hairy!!

marinermick

For those who want to donate here is the email we are sending people. So far the Marinators have racked up $110 in donations.

----------------------------------------
Hi all

During Movember (the month formerly known as November) I'll be growin a Mo. That's right I'm bringing the Mo back because I'm passionate about changing men's health and the fight against male depression and prostate cancer. Why...

- Depression affects 1 in 6 men...Most don't seek help.
- Untreated depression is a leading risk factor for suicide.
- Last year in Australia 18,700 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer and more than 2,900 died of prostate cancer - equivalent to the number of women who die from breast cancer annually.
- Men are far less healthy than women. The average life expectancy of males is 5 years less than females.

This Movember challenge is part of the Marinators fundraising campaign. Apart from countless Marinators we have supporting the cause and growing a "mo" Mariners players Andre Gumprecht, Damian Brown, Paul O'Grady and Mariners owner Peter Turnbull.

To sponsor my Mo please go to http://www.movember.com/au/donate, enter my registration number which is 65911 and your credit card details. Or you can sponsor me by cheque made payable to the "Movember Foundation" clearly marking the donation as being for my Registration Number: 65911. Please mail cheques to: PO Box 292, Prahran VIC 3181. All donations over $2 are tax deductible.

The money raised by Movember is donated to the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and beyondblue - the national depression initiative, which will use the funds to create awareness, fund research and increase support networks for those men who suffer from prostate cancer and male depression.

Please pass this email on to anyone who may be interested in sponsoring me.

Thanks for your support
Michael

More info is available at www.movember.com.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Donate by cutting and pasting the link above and typing in the rego number.

Other participants please type your rego number in here so people can choose the person they want to donate money to.

EastEnder

Well done on this (and the press release). I saw it mentioned in the CC part of the Telegraph today. Shame it didn't mention Peter T participating though.

BAD BULLZ

DJ you have to have a go theres an encouragement prize for those of us u can grow anything to save ourselves.I reckon i'm in with a chance for that one.
Hey anyone with info whats the go with cash sponserships will we be givin some sort of reciept book or something to give the sponsers reciepts??????????
Also how do the cash sponserships register on the totals??
:headbutt:

Alicia

Current total $730.00

If you would like to sponsor one of our Mo Bro's here are their registration numbers;

65911 Michael Kmet
100893 Peter Turnbull
90402 Brett Taylor
94456 Dylan Rains
90933 Eggy Glasgow
94606 Mitch Chivers
97495 Peter Prior
103083 Alex Chapman
82788 Jeff Hall
82751 Jeff Hall
102195 Paul Melnyk

All you have to do is go to http://www.movember.com/au/donate and type in their registration number.

I'm still waiting for the following people to complete their registration. Once that is complete I will post their rego numbers.

Andre Gumprecht
Brendon Noney
Chris Dunkerly
Damien Brown
Darren Thomas
David Redden
Neil Duncan
Sean Lacy
Simon Fisher
Paul O'Grady

Online statistics

Members online