• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Macedonian / Aussie

midfielder

A mate in England sent me this link (Macedonian site)  and sometimes I wonder here is a player of obvious talent who grows up in Australia and but always dreams of playing for Macedonian, even when playing in Australia as a kid his parents play him in Preston Macedonia. Even the English media say he is Citys very own Wizard of OZ.

Not actually sure what it means or if he is good enough to make the Australian side but just glad that Crawford happened, Frank is there and hope there will be less of these stories in the future.  Funny the Macedonia site is telling their national coaches to cap him I guess before Australia notices him.

http://macedonianfootball.com/20080211346/News/Robert-Stambolziev-a-name-to-remember.html

Robert Stambolziev, an Australian born football player of Macedonian heritage who is currently playing for the Bristol City Academy and Reserves, is definitely a name to remember by the Macedonian football fans.

Robert Stambolziev is an Australian football player of Macedonian heritage. His father was born and lived in Bitola and his uncle Dime (Jimmy) Stambolziev played for Pelister football club.

Rob is 17 years old and is playing with the Bristol City Academy and has been called up to play for the Reserves where he made numerous appearances and scored. At the age of 14, he travelled to Britain on his own and had trials at a number of clubs including Reading in the English Premier League. With Bristol City he trained with the under 18s and impressed them enough to earn a two year contract. So far he managed to score 10 goals this season in 18 starts and has been playing predominately on the left side of midfield or striker.

Stambolsiev has been described by his coach John Clayton as "quick, with two good feet, although he is predominately left footed and has a nose for goal.
Recently Robert took part in Skills School on Soccer AM. During the segment he produced three football skills/tricks and was successful in being proclaimed Bristol Citys brightest academy prospect.

On 16 January 2008, Robert Stambolziev was described as "Citys very own Wizard of OZ" by the English media as he shot the club into the last 16 of the FA Youth Cup against Leeds United. In the game he scored twice including a last gasp winner to earn a home tie against Manchester City. MacedonianFootball.com contacted him and we were more than happy after he told us:

"Growing up in Melbourne, Australia I played for Preston Makedonia and I always aspired to one day play for Macedonia rather than Australia. My parents have always instilled in me a sense of pride for my Macedonian heritage and knowledge in our Macedonian heros such as Alexander the Great, Tsar Samuil. Goce Delchev, Darko Pancev and Goran Pandev"

So, Macedonian football coaches, what are you waiting for? Borce Hristov (U17), Zikica Tasevski (U19) or Mirsad Jonuz (U21 Macedonian national team coach), should very soon get this boy a Macedonian passport and include him on their squad lists!

Jesus

Jesus
Exactly, when it comes down to it, you are not a mercinary so much in national football as club. If your heart isnt in it you shouldnt play it. If he doesnt give a rats about oz, then why bother with him. If he never wants to play in a major championship, thats his right

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred