• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Lightning 2008

charger

I only managed to see the Lightning u20's at Azzuri last week but they looked very strong, any comments about the 1sts?

From the dug out

Lightning vs Broadmeadow Magic trial game tomorrow afternoon has been rescheduled from Pluim to Budgewoi. Hopefully the rain stay's away so that the lads can play, 3.30pm and 5.30pm kick-off's.

kevrenor

NSW Super League begins on the 29th March 2008.

Teams competing in the NSW Super League are listed below

* Bonnyrigg White Eagles
    * Central Coast Lightning
    * Fairfield City Lions
    * FC Liverpool Bossy
    * Fraser Park FC
    * Granville Rage
    * Mt Druitt Town Rangers
    * Northern Tigers
    * PCYC Parramatta Eagles
    * Rockdale City Suns
    * St. George Saints
    * Sydney University

First game is vs FC Bossy Liverpool 7:30pm Saturday 29 March at Pluim

Omni

Game was called off last night, just for anyone who didn't figure it out ;)

Look at that, the Dibo derby!

kevrenor

"Weston Bear's star midfielder Luke Walker has been snapped up by the Central Coast Lightning, with Bears coach Michael Boogaard helping to engineer the gig"

marinermick

kevrenor said:
"Weston Bear's star midfielder Luke Walker has been snapped up by the Central Coast Lightning, with Bears coach Michael Boogaard helping to engineer the gig"

michael boogaard would not be a bad person to get involved with central coast football - ex NSL player and brilliant coach

Rowdy

Boog's Snr services are already rendered, he's a Development Coach with the Northern NSW State Youth Teams.

Omni

Lightning have a trial tomorrow against Wyoming at Budgiewoi, Reserves at 6, Firsts at 7.30.

Omni

Reserves (18s): 0-0 - 1 Red Card

Firsts: 2-2 - 1 Red Card (Smith?), 1 penalty each

Reserves were unlucky, tore Wyoming apart but they couldn't finish, Firsts, 2-2 is probably a fair reflection, were pretty fluid but just died towards the end, the red card didn't help.

Davo

Omni said:
Reserves (18s): 0-0 - 1 Red Card

Firsts: 2-2 - 1 Red Card (Smith?), 1 penalty each

Reserves were unlucky, tore Wyoming apart but they couldn't finish, Firsts, 2-2 is probably a fair reflection, were pretty fluid but just died towards the end, the red card didn't help.

Well I wouldn't say they 'tore' us apart. They were definately quicker, younger and fitter which opened a few holes at the back. Since Wyoming had only a couple of training sessions this season and this was their first trial game I would've expected the Lightning to have dominated the game more.

Nice work running the line Omni.

Omni

Yea I didn't expect you guys to do too well given it is the first trial, I thought you guys did better than I thought to be honest, that red card was freaking crazy though, he had a brain snap that kid. The firsts, hmm they definitely could have won, especially when they had the man advantage.

Thanks, I was pleased to keep up, first trial and I've got Ressies & PL Lightning and Wyoming.

Omni

This Friday at the Budgewoi "tournament" Lightning have The Entrance, Wyoming & Budgewoi in the other match.

Juniors play at Pluim on Saturday, no games this Sunday for obvious reasons.

FFC Mariner

Link for fixtures, as mentioned earlier, 1st game at Pluim is 7:30pm Sat 29th March

http://www.soccernsw.com.au/index.php?id=108

I'm guessing, McAndrew, Porter, Trott & Simon/Mrdja???

I can't really see any of those players playing Super League, though it would be good to see as I watch it every weekend, though not on the Coast

FFC Mariner

Last season Trott, McAndrew, Porter, Boogard and Simon played for Lightning. Possibly Mrdja but I doubt it TBH

They are the official feeder club for CCM.

Greenpoleffc said:
Last season Trott, McAndrew, Porter, Boogard and Simon played for Lightning. Possibly Mrdja but I doubt it TBH

They are the official feeder club for CCM.

they must have been alright last year then. how did they go? I have heard McAndrew and Porter play U/20's though?

Omni

I'm pretty sure Mrdja has been told he has to if he wants a CCM contract next season

marinersman

Has the first grade squad been finalised yet?

I've looked around but I can't find it anywhere. I would have thought three weeks out it would be all sorted by now.

Really looking forward to this season and getting to as many games at Puim as possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred