• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Let danny townsend know he is a stooge

Tevor

Danny Townsend is not a stooge.

He's actually a very reasonable bloke and he's got questions just like us.

The test is what comes next.
Lets see dibo. A real statement has to be made that this will not be tolerated in the league. It also needs to be swift, they don't have the luxury of time. So much negative media attention on this, even channel 7 is giving it more than 2 seconds and it's not the EPL, Monty's interview all over the radio. This is a very bad look for the league.

FFC Mariner

He's just words. Only interested in hosing down their latest debacle.
The issue isn't VAR, it's Evans.
VAR called him back 2x and he was too arrogant to change his mind.
Refs boss will doubtless say they need to improve.
He's a Sydney stooge and for them and City, VAR works perfectly.

bikinigirl

. i wonder if that 'seeking of answers' will include what Evans says as he walks away from our coaching box having issued two cards

. oh ... and will it also include 'seeking answers' as to how PK can repeatedly and incessantly instruct the referee on his decision (clearly audible on the broadcast) without sanction but our guys get punished for honesty

Tevor

. oh ... and will it also include 'seeking answers' as to how PK can repeatedly and incessantly instruct the referee on his decision (clearly audible on the broadcast) without sanction but our guys get punished for honesty
This was disgraceful, I like PK but he did not come across well in this instance. Showed his inexperience as a manager in my opinion.

yellowcake

A real statement has to be made that this will not be tolerated in the league
Absolutely! A headline-making one with it's own controversy - I'll take that the match is deemed a draw and points are awarded accordingly (in the circumstances, regardless of the less than 100% certainty of the penalty being scored).

true believer

f'k yeah ! that was world class hectoring .

Kilsin

. i wonder if that 'seeking of answers' will include what Evans says as he walks away from our coaching box having issued two cards
I picked up on that too, pretty unprofessional for someone in that position that is supposed to be in control of the game and on camera.

Kilsin

I didn't pick up on it, probably because I was ragging so much after the decision.
I was too mate, believe me! It just stood out for some reason, after he gave the coaching staff yellow then red he mouthed a few choice words as he was walking away that was caught on camera but was very unprofessional.

VonBowellski

How can a CEO of a club also be CEO of the entire League?

CEO of Sydney no less, with their dirty Russian money
I believe he has stated his intention to step away from SFC, just going through the process of finding a replacement so he will stay in the role until someone is found.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred