• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Last season match - CCM vs Homeless Compass Point United

Ozhammer

Great result tonite and a good atmosphere at CCS. Well done to our active support and fantastic to see Eggy on the capo stand with Jimmy backing him up on the drum.

Solid team effort tonight and good to see Staj was brave enough to shuffle the deck a little, in an important game (not necessarily from a result perspective but for ensuring that we go into finals with a positive mindset).

I was amazed at Casella’s energy levels all game, for a young lad to play like that for 98 minutes after limited game time all season was most impressive. Even the back line reshuffle showed we have some depth and flexibility there and smart play by Staj to spell Kye, especially as he was on a (very undeserved) yellow.

Niz was immense as Ollie’s replacement and Stens worked his butt off like he always does. Whilst Bouman frustrated at times, he still put a good shift in too but I just wish he could finish!

Urena made a difference when he came on and Reec looked solid enough, so perhaps we don’t need to look too far for the next Kuol off the production line.

All in all a good night, albeit most of us were probably squirming in our seats somewhat and chewing on our nails. Fantastic to secure third spot and now we can focus on another game at CCS, where we will all need to get behind the boys go on with it.

COYFY!! :overheadl:

Forum Phoenix

Not a great performance but worth it for Dan Hall's saving us in the 2nd half and the 2nd goal.

Hall was immense. Only his third A league start and he's just played a game as good as any top centre back in the league can hope to do imo. His speed, timing and touch are all excellent. All those who've long been talking him up have certainly been proved right.

Miller was fantastic. My mom. Though Stens and Rowles were excellent too. And hard to go past Clisby when he's winning us games. Casella also once he settled had a good game. Niz was back to form. And Birra was very good too.

Bouman, Matty and Kuol were our least effective players.

Loved Hatch's cameo too. So nice having some real speed wide. And Reec looks to have good touch to go with his athleticism and made good decisions.

Ref truly belongs at A league level. Utterly inconsistent, makes obvious mistake, pedantic and panders to "star players" like Diamanti. And 8 minutes? You've got to be f**king joking.

Where we most badly lacked, was our final ball. If we could replicate WU's service I think we would be destroying teams. Glad Berisha wasn't on the park.

It's hard to watch without feeling anxious when we sit in our two banks of four and let teams knock it around. But when we don't we end up with a huge hole in midfield. That said, fro the most part we played an excellent defensive game. Better than our attack certainly.

Massive congratulations to all the team, all the CCM staff, Staj and Shaun. Been a great, enjoyable season as a fan. Now lets go get that Asian Cup spot :headbounce::fireup::overheadl:

Oh yeah, and big congrats to all the other die hard CCM fans on here who live, breathe and bleed yellow. We've stuck with our club through thick and thin now and isn't it beautiful to have a little reward again at last. Well deserved crew. Big respect.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Love Ollie Thought we were faster and more attacking without him. Just an observation...
Agree. Ollie lingers on the ball sometimes whereas Nizz doesn't. Casella makes good runs and is always moving too, so you can typically get a ball forward to him. I prefer him to Bouman and liked the look of the lineup before Ollie was pulled.

A much better performance played at a much better Tempo.

Miller , Hall and Casella were fearless and gave us some much needed Zing. Nizzy was excellent. Stens did well.

Bouman frustrates the absolute crap out of me but he worked hard. The save by Birras on the line....priceless.

Clisby......what is happening with this bloke? This Goal scoring machine!

The run and pass by Hatch was SUPERB.

Bay 16 was rocking in the 2nd half (P.S. Please dont give Gibbo the Mega in future lol).

Glad I'm not alone re Bourman. Drives me and my father crazy.

Last edited:

Big Al

Honestly, though perhaps not as electric, I thought he looked a more complete player than Kuol and also Smylie. Looks a great prospect for next season. You?

Soooooo good.
My thoughts are we won’t see Smylie again. He hasn’t offered anything in his cameos except effort.

Reec had hight speed and skill. I was like thats a terrible angle for his shot but it forced a good save and a rebound for the tap in so was well worth it. He does lack the electricity of Koul and maybe the confidence but we have something to build on.

Big Al

Miller is definitely a CB. His strength is his strength and that suits him as a CB. He had no clue going forward. Looks lively but is actually very sloppy and has no idea what he wants to do and what the team needs.
Good to have the option but definitely not an A League RB but our CB stocks are in good hands.

If we loose Ruon (I think we will) we are in good hands with Hall

marinermick

Miller is definitely a CB. His strength is his strength and that suits him as a CB. He had no clue going forward. Looks lively but is actually very sloppy and has no idea what he wants to do and what the team needs.
Good to have the option but definitely not an A League RB but our CB stocks are in good hands.

If we loose Ruon (I think we will) we are in good hands with Hall

A little birdie tells me we have Ruon for another season.

onto it

A little birdie tells me we have Ruon for another season.
Re the CB's: I've always felt Millar is way more suited to this position (than FB). I think he should have been blooded in the role throughout the year with extended sub appearances.
This would have better readied us for the finals, the loss of Tongnik, injuries.....
It would also have increased competitiveness for the starting spots, which normally results in driving the standards up.

Forum Phoenix

My thoughts are we won’t see Smylie again. He hasn’t offered anything in his cameos except effort.

Reec had hight speed and skill. I was like thats a terrible angle for his shot but it forced a good save and a rebound for the tap in so was well worth it. He does lack the electricity of Koul and maybe the confidence but we have something to build on.
Yeah agree.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well,that was a vast improvement wasn’t it ? …sure we probably should of got a goal or two more BUT at least they were shooting with intent
and I have to throw cudos in the direction of young Cassellas ..what a game
I had , I reckon, all of Jing Reec family in front of me in bay 9 , and weren’t they giving it some every time he got the ball let alone when him and Marco shut down the game …but like I said all the boys stood up and gave it some ..so good on “em.., now go slap Methcarthur on Saturday …see ya then

onto it

...I thought Hall and Miller did well at the end there when we got loose in the middle ....
Imo, Hall was very mature as well as being dynamic for the whole game.
Millar was his usual shite as a full back - no idea what to do with a ball. Putting him there wastes every forward opportunity on the right. I lost count of how many times he lost he ball.
Millar is a CB. He's good for muscling out opponenets and hoofing the ball south (change direction at half time Mills...).

Melange

Just saw the Rudan presser, why doesn't anyone ask him some honest questions... Mark, you said you dominated every stat except goals scored, does that have a lot to do with how you, your staff and your players constantly harrass officials to the point where your team gets overwhelmingly favoured by the referee?
For example tonight Diamante got a free kick any time he asked for it, even when there was no foul, Imai could commit foul after foul with not even a chance of a warning, Mariners couldn't maintain possession in your half cause if they even got close to your players a foul was awarded etc etc etc?

Mark, what is it that has made you such a tool? A complete and utter tool!

Mark, what do you say to the overwhelming sentiment in the football fraternity, that if you disappeared from the Australian football scene absolutely noone would shed a tear?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb