• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Kit Review

jpmariner

I just want to see a player name and number option in the official HAL font as an option on the online store.

I'd also love to see a name and number option in the online store.

I also think we should stick with the base design of the home and away kits for next year, possibly changing up collar and sleeve designs for a continual refresh and excitement on release.

Stitching the badge on to home shirt also needed.

Timmah

It was in response to what the most important things to think about from a fan perspective. You don't need to please everyone, but I think engaging members and the community in the process is an important thing...
Not saying they shouldn't - just that there's always be dissent once the decision's made.

For what it's worth I'm fairly sure the club has done plenty of engagement in this space over the years

Woollybutt

Not saying they shouldn't - just that there's always be dissent once the decision's made.

For what it's worth I'm fairly sure the club has done plenty of engagement in this space over the years
Again, all I was doing was responding to Shaun's question about the most important thing they need to think about from a fan's perspective when working through designs. Other people mentioned think of the fat bastards, I mentioned member/community involvement. It's not a criticism and it doesn't deny that they've done stuff over the years, it's just a statement of what I think is important. I value the consultation process (including this thread) itself, even if I disagree with the result of that process. EG, most people like the home kit and would be happy to keep something similar next year. I would like them to bring back the old yellow, but if we end up with the same kit I'll be happy that the club is listening to the fans.

TedShot

The only change I would really love to see is having all the stripes continue fully down the back of the jersey. The flat navy section for the numbers makes the supporters jerseys look unfinished. Is there a set rule for the league that the numbers can not overlap a jersey pattern? I believe the phoenix have the same. I really love the stripes and my father in law and I were both hoping all last season to see a proper soccer kit. besides the back panel, couldn't fault it.

bikinigirl

The only change I would really love to see is having all the stripes continue fully down the back of the jersey. The flat navy section for the numbers makes the supporters jerseys look unfinished. Is there a set rule for the league that the numbers can not overlap a jersey pattern? I believe the phoenix have the same. I really love the stripes and my father in law and I were both hoping all last season to see a proper soccer kit. besides the back panel, couldn't fault it.

. i was hoping somebody would bring that up:
  • if you don't get a number it looks incomplete (and many don't want a number or can't afford both the shirt and the number)
  • if you do want a number it appears difficult to obtain anyway (anecdotally)
  • if you get a name they could be playing for sydney next season

Fishsdad

I must be the only one, but I'm not a fan of the yellow in this year's kit. I love the stripes, don't mind the collar, love that the shorts are navy again, but the colour is awful. As far as I'm concerned, the yellow on the badge is our yellow, and that's what colour the kit should be. I'm not a kit junky, so bring the yellow back and I'll be happy.

Along the same lines as Woollybutt (best name on the forum) the two things I would like are:

1. Consistency with the shades of yellow and blue we use each season - I don't mind the design changing (we sell more merchandise if we change the jersey), but the shade of yellow and the shade of blue should stay the same year in and year out; and
2. A predominance of yellow over blue. We are a "Yellow" club, we sing for yellow, we even had Coldplay's song as our theme (poor as it was) a few seasons ago.

And thanks for posing the question to the forumites - the level of comms has improved a heap since your appearance at Tuggerah.

marinerbhoy

First of all, I love the new jersey. It is by far my most favourite Mariners kit and I have every single one! Two thoughts about the kit:
1. The only thing that bugs me is the change of the yellow shade over the last couple of seasons. I am not sure where this fluro yellow idea has come from but I long for the real yellow to return. The only thing that would improve this kit is to have yellow and navy stripes, not the same yellow shade we have had the past two seasons.
2. Keep the stripes forever. Let's make it our traditional kit and just vary it every couple of years. Changing the base design every year is a little disappointing to be honest.
Thanks for asking for input!

marinerbhoy

As a Celtic fan I would caution against this. Overseas clubs are only in this for themselves and all that will happen is the erosion of CCMFC. Wearing the colours of another club would just be damaging. And any person that starts supporting CCMFC because of this would just be limited/tokenistic in their emotional investment as all they are doing is supporting Celtic.

European club takeovers are destined to fail: Man City - Melb City and Rangers - Northern Spirit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred