• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Kit Review

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey guys

Can't believe it is that time again but we are already working on the kit designs for the 2018/19 season. Great to hear your feedback on this years kit and any ideas on next season that you would like to see. We worked hard this season to have a range of designs that everyone would find one that they love and so far it seems to have had great feedback. If you liked the traditional kits styles then the stripes with collar and long shorts seemed to hit the mark and if you liked a more modern kit then the sash has been a pretty big favorite.
So a couple questions and please discuss at length as we will read all comments:
1. What worked or didn't work in this years kits?
2. Do you want to see some consistency next season or would you prefer something new and different again?
3. What is the most important thing we need to think about from a fans perspective when working through designs?
I look forward to reading your responses.

pjennings

To misquote Helen Lovejoy "think of the poor old fat bastards". I suspect we make up a large proportion (pun intended) of your demographic but larger sizes always seem to be in very short supply.

JoyfulPenguin

1. What worked or didn't work in this years kits?
Loved the stripes and the collar and this year's home kit is one of my favourite ever Mariners kits, bar the ACL sash. This year's kits are the best the club has ever had in my humble opinion and I'm going to be buying all three!
2. Do you want to see some consistency next season or would you prefer something new and different again?
Consistency in the home and away would be good as I love the designs, I enjoy the third kit as well but a different and unique design every year or so might encourage more purchases.
3. What is the most important thing we need to think about from a fans perspective when working through designs?
Take into account what kits have been most popular in the past and work from there, and maybe have feedback from a few knowledgeable members (such as the Coast Football Ramble guys) before going into production to avoid the palm tree disaster of 15/16.

true believer

To misquote Helen Lovejoy "think of the poor old fat bastards". I suspect we make up a large proportion (pun intended) of your demographic but larger sizes always seem to be in very short supply.
Fat bastards shaun.

I love the shash . Bloody awesome

Tevor

I would like a silver star above the club logo to represent our championship. Otherwise very happy with all strips this year, wouldn’t mind seeing some consistency for a year or two though as they will be hard to top.

Big Al

Considering we don’t do our own merchandise and we have solid sponsors in Masterfoods and Dlydam that i think are signed in again next year i like the idea of just sticking with what we have for a year or two.
We have Umbro and our sponsors set so why not stick. The earn your stripes campaign seems a good one.

I personally don’t like the stripe strip. I think the navy is a little dark and I don’t like the collar, but plenty do love it.

I like the sash strip myself.

We really do have two strips in one year.

That said we all love a new strip to talk about and say we like this and that and those that don’t like it only have one year to wait for a new one.

aussiem

Like the pink kit this year. The stripes are a nice touch and tie in with the home kit. Also the collar is a much better fit.

scottmac

Suspended
I think we've got the best strip of all the club's this year so id like to see it continued. The earn your stripes campaign should run next year as well because I think we've started a journey that isn't finished at the end of this year.

Iff you were to change anything then go a different third kit. How about going something in sky blue just to piss the establishment off :popcorn:

(Just joking guy's dont go ape on me)

Holy

This years home kit is my favourite of all time. From the moment I saw it, I had to have one.

I would like to see it continue and when it does change only suble changes so it's stays predominately the same.

My girls loved this years pink, they weren't big fans of the previous 2 pinks ones, although their favourite is still the pink and grey one from a few years ago.

The away kit is also right up there too. In fact, if this was the home kit this year, I would of been pretty happy as well.

In fact, I really think you nailed all 4 kits this year (stripes, sash, pink and white), credit to your team, Shaun.

I don't like kits that are all the one colour, like last years. I would like any kit considered to have both colours in some way.

I prefer a V neck rather than a rounded neck.

I like the idea of having a special unique design 3rd kit. The white was a great choice this year, and whilst it wasn't a playing strip, I cherish my 5000 member kit with every members name on it.

I too would also like to see the championship star added.

And I don't want to see the palm tree kit ever again.

VicMariner

I just want to see a player name and number option in the official HAL font as an option on the online store.

MagpieMariner

I would like to see our home kit stripes to continue forever. Like when people see black & white stripes they immediately think Newcastle (the UK one, not the one up the road) or Juventus (or Collingwood, sorry, 50+ years a Collingwood fan, couldn't resist) or green & white says Celtic. I love this year's kit & would be very happy to keep it. If you want to make kit changes, do the away or the 3rd kit.

style_cafe

I like the striped shirts & the collar, they look quite smart.
However, I`ve found that during the games they tend to blend in with the crowd on the far side of the field & the players a really hard to see.
I`ve discussed this with others around us & they agreed so it`s not just my eyesight.
I think the striped shirt should be for the fans, the yellow strip should be for the home games & the white is ok for away.

Also whilst your reading this Shaun, what the hell is wrong with the lights? They must be only borderline acceptable.
Just looking at the field prior to kickoff there was a number of white patches (where the light was focused) & also a number of darker areas where the light was sub-standard which also contributes to the players blending in with the surrounds.
A call to council may be needed methinks.

Love the kits, have both the home and away ones. Would love to get one in fat bastard size with a FFA cup patch on it.

The sizes are good this year, much better then in previous years.

Id like to see the badge on the home kit sown on like the away one (just looks better) and a silver star for the championship

Woollybutt

I must be the only one, but I'm not a fan of the yellow in this year's kit. I love the stripes, don't mind the collar, love that the shorts are navy again, but the colour is awful. As far as I'm concerned, the yellow on the badge is our yellow, and that's what colour the kit should be.

I'd like there to be consistency, and I think all clubs should stick with their kits for at least two years rather than changing annually, though changing the home kit one year and the away kit the next seems sensible.

In terms of most important thing from a fan perspective, I think community consultation is the biggest thing. This thread is a great start, but something like sending an email to members asking for volunteers for a focus group to give feedback on designs or whatever would be good too. You could go the whole hog and get school kids to submit designs for a third kit or something, then get the winner involved in launching it. Anything that builds our reputation as the community club really. I could have dealt with the palm tree disaster a lot better if it had been dreamt up by a ten year old.

I'm not a kit junky, so bring the yellow back and I'll be happy.

Timmah

You can have as many focus groups as you like though - it'll never please everyone.

Of the kits we've had, this seems to be the most-loved, so to speak.

Woollybutt

You can have as many focus groups as you like though - it'll never please everyone.

Of the kits we've had, this seems to be the most-loved, so to speak.
It was in response to what the most important things to think about from a fan perspective. You don't need to please everyone, but I think engaging members and the community in the process is an important thing...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred