• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Kimon's Plan for Reform

midfielder

Interesting Stuff Kev you may find this interesting...

http://m.442.com.au/News/Article.aspx?CIID=241223

Fifty eight FNSW members will vote on Saturday to either retain current President Jim Forrest or opt for a much-needed reformist plan put forward by Taliadoros.

The former national league player addressed a number of members in Sydney on Wednesday night to outline his case. He needs 30 or more votes on Saturday morning to take office and fast-track his reform agenda.

Taliadoros has a 100-day plan that includes de-politicizing the decision making processes and defending football in what he says has become a key battleground between the four competing codes.

“What’s become apparent to me is that the single most important job in Australian football is President of FNSW," he told au.fourfourtwo.com today.

“It’s the state where all the competing codes come together – League, Union and now AFL – so I believe NSW is not only a battleground for football, it’s probably the most important area where I can make a difference."

And in a first for Football NSW elections, Twitter will be used as part of Taliadoros’s campaign.

“It’s the quickest and most effective way to get a message to the people,” he explained. “What I’m going to do is ask them on Twitter to contact their voting member, ask them who they are voting for and why.”

Taliadoros is an impressive individual whose vision for the moribund state body would be a breath of fresh air.

A former NSL star with South Melbourne, Collingwood Warriors and Sydney Olympic in the 1990s, he’s become successful in the financial industry with an MBA in finance and marketing to back that up.

A former PFA CEO, he is also on the board of governors of the Steve Waugh Foundations as well as a respected pundit on Fox Sports.

“By de-politicising the decision making process it allows FNSW to function at a professional level. I call that OneFootball," he said.

"I’ve got a plan, it’s not just rhetoric. It’s not about talk, it’s about action, policy and growth. That’s what I outlined on Wednesday.

He added with a smile: "The feedback was all positive so I feel as confident as the FFA were going into Zurich last week.

“I’ve tried to present them with an alternative that I think will appeal in the interests of the game, so it’s now up to the members. That’s what I’ve said to the members, the responsibility is yours.

“It’s a political process, I’ve laid out a platform and I’ve given the members a simple decision – vote for reform which I’ve articulated – or retain the incumbency and more of the same.”

Read Kimon's plans in detail here and here.

style_cafe

I was heavily involved in bringing about the re-union of the Federation & the Amateurs.
IMO any step away from either regime from the past is a positive step.
This was the vision we had years ago when Macarthur, Easts, St George Wagga & Albury left the Amateurs & joined the Federation

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred