• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Jest screw up again

FFC Mariner

As we havent got this thread on the new board, I thought it only fitting that it was started with this little gem from 442

"Sydney have a new name for a close-range shot that skies over the bar... Michael Bridges rattled off a horror miss during training - and was then subjected to jeers of "Jardel!" from his team-mates.

Newcastle Jets marquee star Mario Jardel sparked the new term after his six-yard shocker last weekend against Sydney."

dibo

Same old scummers, always stealing

[size=12pt]Man steals guide dog collection statue from club[/size]
0,,5798995,00.jpg

By Neil Keene

December 14, 2007 12:00am

PETTY criminals do not get much lower than this heartless and stupid thief.

Just two weeks before Christmas, the man captured in these security footage images made off with a NSW Guide Dogs collection statue and stripped it of its donations.

The brazen thief walked into the Hexham Bowling Club near Newcastle during a poker tournament on Monday night, tucked the plastic dog under his arm and made a quick getaway via the club's car park.

Click here to see the shocking footage.

Police believe the same man also broke into one of the club's vending machines on the night and stole its takings.

Club manager and Clubs NSW regional spokesman Jon Chin yesterday said the theft was "despicable".

"What sort of upbringing has he been given? I am absolutely at a loss to understand why or how anyone can commit such a despicable act," he said.

"What happened to the spirit of Christmas?"

Senior Constable Tony Tamplin said any theft from a charity was "an extremely low act".

"It is really stealing from the community as a whole because it is usually the community that donated to the organisation in the first place," he said.

"It's an extremely antisocial act and it is the act of a person who has no respect or concern for their community in any way."

The thief is clearly as thick as he is thoughtless - he committed the theft in view of a 24-hour security camera.

Police are examining the footage and have taken DNA samples from the vending machine.

Meanwhile, the canine collection box has been returned to the club after it was dumped in the front yard of a nearby house.

Mr Chin said it would have to be chained and padlocked from now on to prevent a repeat theft.

"The amount of money stolen probably wasn't thousands of dollars but that's not the point," he said.

"This guy has done a very low-heeled thing and he needs to be put in his place."

Guide Dogs NSW/ACT spokeswoman Manisha Amin said they relied solely on public and corporate donations to survive.

Its 900 plastic dog collection bins, scattered throughout the state, have garnered hundreds of thousands of dollars since being introduced in the 1970s.

"It is disheartening that people would steal from a worthy charity at this time of year," Ms Amin said.

It costs about $26,000 to train a single guide dog.

Anyone with information should call The Daily Telegraph on 9288 3415

Squadron fundraising again?

P

Pete

Ha ha, I once owned a dog who used to ark up at those Guide Dog stands at the front of shops etc. when I was taking him for walks.

Part_Timer

in todays herald was a story on jardel

GAME OVER FOR JARDEL

THE once-illustrious football career of Mario Jardel appears to have reached full-time.

Newcastle Jets owner Con Constantine confirmed yesterday that the club's marquee player had been given enough chances and his future was now in the hands of coach Gary van Egmond.

"If the coach thinks he's had his days, I've got to go along with the coach," Constantine said.

"We gave the boy his opportunities . . . it's up to Gary."

The chances of van Egmond deploying Jardel in any of Newcastle's remaining five regular-season games or finals would seem remote, given that he has selected the 34-year-old striker reluctantly usually under orders from Constantine since the start of the season.

Now that Constantine has granted van Egmond total control of the playing roster, it remains to be seen whether Jardel would want to stay in Newcastle in the slim hope that he was given more game time before season's end.

Asked if there was any point in persevering with Jardel, Constantine replied: "That would depend on what Gary would want to do.

"But as far as Mario is concerned, I think Mario is a real gentleman.

"He's not a trouble-maker, he's not a person that thinks he's better than everyone else. Quite the opposite, actually.

"If you ask any of the players, they'll tell you that now."

If the former Brazilian international and two-time European Golden Boot winner does opt to part company with the Jets, it would be hard to imagine his career continuing in any professional league of note.

Van Egmond declined to comment last night on Jardel's future, other than to say he had not trained this week because of illness.

"Mario's been unable to train, and he'll have to train this weekend if he's any chance of playing against Melbourne on Sunday," van Egmond said.

Jardel's fate might have been sealed during consecutive games against Central Coast and Queensland when he was elevated to the starting side. He tried hard but could not get the goal he needed.

Against Sydney last week, he came off the bench for the final few minutes and blew a close-range opportunity, although he had already been flagged offside.

"It would have only taken one goal, especially that one," Constantine said.

Constantine has been widely criticised for his decision to gamble on signing Jardel, who had played only 37 games in five years before linking with Newcastle.

But the multimillionaire businessman continued yesterday to defend the fading superstar.

"I've got a lot of time for Mario," Constantine said. "I think Lady Luck has not been on his side.

"I think if Mario had scored one or two goals, everyone in Australia would have looked at him with a different view. Unfortunately, sometimes that does happen.

"You go back and look at Harry Kewell a few years ago.

"Everyone was giving him a hard time, but now he's going like a house on fire."

Bear

Con you wanker, Harry's not 34, addicted to cheeseburgers and coke (both kinds) and washed up  ::)

FFC Mariner

"If you ask any of the players, they'll tell you that now."

What were they saying about him before then???

The man is just totally unfit to be in charge of a Football club

P

Pete

marinermick said:
Pete said:
Ha ha, I once owned a dog who used to ark up at those Guide Dog stands at the front of shops etc. when I was taking him for walks.

did try to shag em?
No he'd get aggro with the f**kin statues. (bristles up on his back, teeth baring a few snarls) Embarrassing believe me. :-[ :headbutt:

Bear

And to refresh the thread, someone posted another thread yesterday saying Bridge had signed for Sydney. Silly boy. If Sydney re-sign Bridges on another loan or for keeps, it could be a lonely time on the bench for young Mark.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb