• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Jakob Cresnar Interview

LifeInSportPodcast

Im interviewing Jakob Cresnar tomorrow at midday,
to ask him a question, submit them via the comment section of this thread.

COME ON YOU YELLOW & BLUE cresnar.jpg

adz

Staff member
Up to you guys really. Personally I think we have too many long threads, it makes it hard for someone new if they see a thread with 150-odd pages of "new" posts to wade through that go back years. Having a couple of related posts within a few minutes seems excessive though. Maybe some sort of middle-ground needed here.

LifeInSportPodcast

Im open to whatever is easiest, less spammy and much easier for people to digest
@adz

if you like,
I could start up a WhatsApp Group chat, or a facebook group for the podcast page, where I will post the link in here for people to join and any and all comments/questions for interviews can be submitted there?

marinermick

Up to you guys really. Personally I think we have too many long threads, it makes it hard for someone new if they see a thread with 150-odd pages of "new" posts to wade through that go back years. Having a couple of related posts within a few minutes seems excessive though. Maybe some sort of middle-ground needed here.

I actually find the long threads okay. When I go in, it always goes straight to the first post I haven’t read. Also makes it easier to filter threads you don’t want to read.

LifeInSportPodcast

I actually find the long threads okay. When I go in, it always goes straight to the first post I haven’t read. Also makes it easier to filter threads you don’t want to read.
ah okay cool,
So what I might do is delete this post and the Previous Post,
and will make 1 post, to cover all guests as I have more than just the recent 2 to announce, so people can find the one they wanna submit Questions to all in the 1 thread.

LifeInSportPodcast

@adz I have created a more succinct Thread for all current and future posts I will make in that thread,
So if possible could you please delete this thread for me.

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member

Yeah I think this is fair enough for someone who has been on the forum since day one and kept up with everything going on. I'm starting to look at the experience for someone who is new where they will have a thread that starts years ago in some cases, 2008, and what they need to do to catch up.

Maybe there needs to be better ways to jump to the relevant content. Or maybe things should be automatically marked as read up to a certain date - the last month? - for newbies?

I might be seeing an issue that isn't even an issue though.

LifeInSportPodcast

Yeah I think this is fair enough for someone who has been on the forum since day one and kept up with everything going on. I'm starting to look at the experience for someone who is new where they will have a thread that starts years ago in some cases, 2008, and what they need to do to catch up.

Maybe there needs to be better ways to jump to the relevant content. Or maybe things should be automatically marked as read up to a certain date - the last month? - for newbies?

I absolutely know what you're saying,
because Im a relatively new member of this forum,
luckily I know how forums work as its very similar to Reddit.
but it can be quite confronting to find what i want to find etc.

Maybe try a discord server or something (I sent you a message regarding the idea of a discord server)

JoyfulPenguin

My partner who joined a few months ago had that exact issue, while she had used and navigated forums in the past she found the sheer length of threads difficult to use and find where to post.

I think it's worth keeping in mind that forums sadly aren't the norm any more and I know plenty of Gen Z who have never used a forum and wouldn't know how to navigate one or use one.

The internet is sadly mostly just Google, Youtube, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, Twitter, Snapchat and maybe Reddit for a whole chunk of younger Gen Z.

I think making it easier to jump to relevant, recent content is a great idea, especially when some of our most popular and useable threads start in 2008 as mentioned.

At the same time I love that we have threads dating back 15 years and longer. They act as a great record of fan discussions and illustrate the rich fan history that our great club has and keeps the memory of some of our sadly departed forumities alive.

Maybe making certain threads avaliable to post in before newbies make their introduction thread might be a good idea without creating too much spam work? If you join a forum eager to talk about the Mariners and then can't post about the team I imagine some newbies might turn away without a grasp on why they couldn't post.

LifeInSportPodcast

My partner who joined a few months ago had that exact issue, while she had used and navigated forums in the past she found the sheer length of threads difficult to use and find where to post.

I think it's worth keeping in mind that forums sadly aren't the norm any more and I know plenty of Gen Z who have never used a forum and wouldn't know how to navigate one or use one.

The internet is sadly mostly just Google, Youtube, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, Twitter, Snapchat and maybe Reddit for a whole chunk of younger Gen Z.

I think making it easier to jump to relevant, recent content is a great idea, especially when some of our most popular and useable threads start in 2008 as mentioned.

At the same time I love that we have threads dating back 15 years and longer. They act as a great record of fan discussions and illustrate the rich fan history that our great club has and keeps the memory of some of our sadly departed forumities alive.

Maybe making certain threads avaliable to post in before newbies make their introduction thread might be a good idea without creating too much spam work? If you join a forum eager to talk about the Mariners and then can't post about the team I imagine some newbies might turn away without a grasp on why they couldn't post.
That's a great Idea,
I will say I definitely didnt like having to wait til i had made a post in the introduction thread before posting and after I did post, I had to wait like 2 days before I could post in any other threads, which kind of did my head in.
That being said, it is a great thing having the archive of discussions etc from 15+ years ago

adz

Staff member
That's a great Idea,
I will say I definitely didnt like having to wait til i had made a post in the introduction thread before posting and after I did post, I had to wait like 2 days before I could post in any other threads, which kind of did my head in.
That being said, it is a great thing having the archive of discussions etc from 15+ years ago

That's weird, not sure why it would have taken 2 days. It should be do a quick post in the intro area, then someone has to click "like" or whatever on the post, then you should be put into a group that gives you access to post in the rest of the forum. I'll have a look into that, maybe something isn't running as often as I thought it was.

This step is in because we get a ton of spam bots - at one point they were making thousands of DM's and we only got alerted to it because the system started sending out thousands of emails. This is a bit of a pain so I don't make a big thing about being too detailed in the intro post - basically just a "I am not a robot" step :D

I'm open to ideas on how to do this one better.

LifeInSportPodcast

That's weird, not sure why it would have taken 2 days. It should be do a quick post in the intro area, then someone has to click "like" or whatever on the post, then you should be put into a group that gives you access to post in the rest of the forum. I'll have a look into that, maybe something isn't running as often as I thought it was.

This step is in because we get a ton of spam bots - at one point they were making thousands of DM's and we only got alerted to it because the system started sending out thousands of emails. This is a bit of a pain so I don't make a big thing about being too detailed in the intro post - basically just a "I am not a robot" step :D

I'm open to ideas on how to do this one better.
I absolutely get its to weed out spam and bots etc,
But yeah I got a solid 3 to 4 likes and comments on the post and about 24-48hours had gone by until i was able to post in the regular threads etc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred