• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

$ity Heart vs CCM.

Avoca

Possibly the biggest game for us this year. A top-of-the-table clash sure to attract a respectable crowd in Melbourne & decent media coverage for the A-League. A WIN by the Mariners would be what Dr Staj ordered. Could this match be a preview of the grand final?

Saturday 22 May @ AAMI Park.

booney

My starting team would be:
Birra
Miller Tongyik Rowles Clisby
Stensness Bozanic
Nisbet DDS (if he is not fully fit play Janota)
Urena Kuol

Bring on Matty and /or Bouman and Smylie at 60-70 minute mark.Shoot often at Glover( I sense some vulnerability there though he has improved markedly).Put some balls over the top for Kuol to run onto.Work on our crossing from Clisby/Miller so that Kuol gets some aerial chances.This will be difficult but Kisnorbo may hold Maclaren,Noone ,etc back as he eyes the finals so we should give it a red hot go.However a draw in Melbourne would be OK.
Certainly don't play DDS if not fully fit-he is needed for the finals.That is why I would be happy to see Janota start-he can be creative even if he is a bit loose and cocky.

true believer

My starting team would be:
Birra
Miller Tongyik Rowles Clisby
Stensness Bozanic
Nisbet DDS (if he is not fully fit play Janota)
Urena Kuol

Bring on Matty and /or Bouman and Smylie at 60-70 minute mark.Shoot often at Glover( I sense some vulnerability there though he has improved markedly).Put some balls over the top for Kuol to run onto.Work on our crossing from Clisby/Miller so that Kuol gets some aerial chances.This will be difficult but Kisnorbo may hold Maclaren,Noone ,etc back as he eyes the finals so we should give it a red hot go.However a draw in Melbourne would be OK.
Certainly don't play DDS if not fully fit-he is needed for the finals.That is why I would be happy to see Janota start-he can be creative even if he is a bit loose and cocky.
they rested noon and maclearn against the fire chickens . griffiths was injured, so thats something.
i suspect it will be berenguer's turn for a rest . i would like to see janota and miller start

booney

While I think Miller is more suited to CB I feel Nigro needs a spell on the bench as he has lost confidence when attacking and can be exposed by a clever opponent such as Champness in defence.Noone if he plays would give him a hard time.Miller is certainly not a great replacement but do we have anyone else who can play RB-can Hall? Anyway we need to give our bench players some long minutes before the finals.

style_cafe

Sorry, I can't see any redeeming features in the play of Miller. It looks to me like he is completely lost out there. There is way too much standing still with the ball at his feet (when we should be attacking) for my liking.
I’d like to see Miller attack the box more. He’s a big unit and defenders would think twice about having a go at him. Get him into the box , attack the byline and cut it back for a striker. Very hard to defend against... :popcorn:

pjennings

In all honesty, this isnt a must win - be nice to get a result but let them run away with the league. We only need to beat them once if we meet in the finals.
We can beat anyone on our day and just need to get into the 6 and go from there
Exactly - but 39 would probably get us a top 6 spot and anything more will be a bonus. A win would be great and without Griffiths and Nabbout who were both missing at the start of the season City were not flash. With them missing a point or 3 would certainly be nice.

true believer

In all honesty, this isnt a must win - be nice to get a result but let them run away with the league. We only need to beat them once if we meet in the finals.
We can beat anyone on our day and just need to get into the 6 and go from there
getting second is important .win one game at home with a stadium full of coasties .
is what we want . and has to be our focus

edit

if we finish 6th i can only see us getting bundled out week 1

Tevor

Rostyn hopefully out, looked like a hammy so he shouldn't be ready for our game and if he is he may be vulnerable. I feel the Fire Chickens don't score the equalizer if Rostyn was on the park so he is crucial to their defensive set up. Interesting they made 6 changes to the run on squad against the Fire Chickens so no doubt looking at our game as more important. They are so hard to beat at AAMI park and we always look half our best when we travel. If we don't take our chances we will be done easily. Tilio was fantastic last game for Citeh, he is looking good this season and is fast so would be worth a look for next season as we can offer more game time. Even with 6 changes they still held their own last game and I rate the Fire Chickens at the moment. They will not be push overs and our inability to score at the moment from open play is a huge concern.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami