• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is there a better midfield combination going around today than......

serious14

Andrs Iniesta and Xavi Hernndez??

Watching them tear Real Madrid apart tonight was a pure joy.  Their understanding with each other is something else, and their linkup play with Messi is nothing short of  :eek: ;D inducing.

Forum Phoenix

And there I was thinking you were going to say Hutch and anybody else... ;)

Iniesta and Xavi? A better pairing?
No. I don't think so right now.

Even rate them over Scholes and Giggs... BUT ohhhhhh back in the day... ;D

serious14

Gonna have to get technical - Giggs played as a winger "back in the day".  Scholes and Keane I would have accepted.  :p

But really, Hutch and Travis..... Barce-who??  ;D

serious14

P.S.  Borrowed from F365:

"Cristiano Ronaldo - 80million

Kaka - 68.5million

Xabi Alonso - 30million

Winning El Classico - Priceless

There are some things Real can't buy, for everything else ther's BarcaCard"

HA!!!

Kareem

Tear apart Madrid?
ROFL
Simply put they had a quiet day at the office. But at the end of the day it doesnt matter because barca (barely) got the win.

Madrid deserved to win that game in every single way...except unfortunately for one simply more important thing....GOALS!
Outplayed them for majority of the 90 mins...just Valdes pulled off a fantastic save (although Ronaldo stil should have done better)
And Puyol...WOW! 3 brilliant blocks, to save 2 almost certain goals (the other one, I think Valdes would have saved).
Simply put only 1 player really performed for Barca and that was Puyol...

Best team in the World...your having a laugh! Not even the best team in Spain atm!
Simply put if they keep playing like that I can guarantee the only trophy they have a chance at is the Cup...
Now the bit that annoys me is...I am afraid that they will pick up and start playing good again...that would suck :p

and ofcourse at the very core of that will be the Iniesta and Xavi partnership which on its day, is freakishly terrifying!

and PS. Ibra's goal was offside, as spectacular as it may have been!

Also nowadays
Essien + Insert anyopne lucky enough to play next to him :p  does it for me :p
(Essien + Xavi make my 2 central players in a 4-2-3-1)

serious14

Not taking the piss - but did you watch the game??

P.S.  Zlatan's legs were onside..... might only be his legs but it counts.

tuftman

Kareem you can't honestly say Real Madrid have been anything close to convincing in the last month or so. Should Barca find their feet they'll win the league again and probably go damn close to the UCL as well

Statue

serious14 said:
Not taking the piss - but did you watch the game??

P.S.  Zlatan's legs were onside..... might only be his legs but it counts.

I didnt see the goal so i cant give my thoughts, but if it was only his legs that were in an onside position then he was offsdie, anypart of the body besides the arms are in an offside position then it is considered offside

serious14

Well one of his arms was as well - look it up on teh YouTubez, if you're gonna call that sort of thing offside then we might as well rule out goals here and now..... advantage was played to the attacker, as it should be.

Kareem

i watched the game live. I missed the first 5 mins though.
El Classico- as if I would miss it.
Ibra's foot was offside...thats enough! (so was one of his arms...but thats not a goalscoring part therefore it is allowed to be offside).
I havent critiscised the linesman because I could have missed it as well.
Just the fact that it was offside gives me ammo to whinge :p

I will admit my first feeling was offside (whether it was a thought or a mere hope...i cant say). But I thought it would be bigger than half of a foot.

to Tuftman.
Madrid have played crap. But if you watched this game.
Kaka played his 2nd good game since he came. And Ronaldo did stuff :p

But your right. Should Barca find their feet they will win the league...
that is unless Madrid find another notch...which is less likely in comparison to Barca...

midfielder

serious14 said:
Andrs Iniesta and Xavi Hernndez??

Watching them tear Real Madrid apart tonight was a pure joy.  Their understanding with each other is something else, and their linkup play with Messi is nothing short of  :eek: ;D inducing.

Next season you must come and watch my over 35 team ....  talk about El Classico ... HHmmm

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred