• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Indian Cricket Team suspends its tour of Australia

Auburn Mariner

I am astonished that the BCCI (Board of Cricket Control in India) has suspended its tour of Australia.

This smacks of arrogance and piousness, given that the BCCI has almost complete control of the ICC due to to the massive Cricket Cable TV market on the sub-continent.

Let's look at the facts:

1. Umpires Steven Bucknor and Mark Benson made several errors in the Sydney Test, most to the detriment of India. My heart bleeds, this is cricket, you take the good with the bad. This has been reversed on countless occasions when we have visited the sub-continent.

2. The Test would probably have been drawn if the umpires made no errors.

3. Harbajahan Singh has been found guilty of racism by the neutral match referee, the magnificent ex-South African all-rounder Michael Procter. Yep, he has the right to appeal, but to put a whole tour on hold for the appeal is disgraceful blackmail.

4. It's all very well for sub-continent teams to cry "racism" when we accuse Murali, Harbajahan, Shaoib Malik, Saqlain Mushtaq and Kumar Dharmesena of chucking (they ALL bowl the doosra), but we accuse a player of racism against one of our players, who happens to be of West Indian ancestry, all hell breaks loose. Talk about all things being equal but not equal for others?

5. I have no issue with Michael Clarke claiming the Ganguly catch, or Ganguly waiting for a decision. Normal cricket if you ask me.

6. Ricky Ponting DID catch the ball off Mahendra Singh Dhoni. FULL STOP. The Indian journo who questioned Ponting's integrity is entitled to his opinion, but mate, you're WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY out of line.

7. Steven Bucknor should now retire.

In summary, a great win (what a finish...Merry thinks our neighbours must now be DEAF) has been deliberately sabotaged by the sore losers of the BCCI in New Delhi. Harbajahan, you're a PROVEN racist...enjoy your deserved suspension.

I should note that I have contacted my UTS mates who are Indian, Paki, Lankan and Bango today - they all think that the umpiring was rotten but stop short of supporting Harbajahan.

We live in interesting times.

B

bakery5

Gus Worland series an aussie goes bolly is on fox 8 at 8:30pm. Will be interesting viewing.

C

curious

Agree. As was expected, they are threatening (literaly) to take their bat & ball home if the suspension is not overturned.
Little boys used to getting their way, having a sulk.

If they overturn the suspension, they will be giving the green light to "anything goes" & may as well use the rule book to wipe their bums.

Has anyone noticed the ironic similarity to Musalik's case? The FFA says Monkey isn't a racist taunt & the ICC says it is. It's a pity the FFA don't have the balls of the ICC.

All we need now is a test cricket player to smack an umpire in the family jewels. Once again however, I doubt he would get the favourable treatment the FFA has show this year to prefere.

B

bakery5

They also did the same thing in South Africa a few years ago. I believe the ICC suspended Virender Sehwag and India wanted to suspend the tour or something along those lines.

Atomic

I watched the entire test match. All I can say is that is was tamer than your average Central Coast district cricket. FFS, these guys must be made of glass... I mean, how fragile are they??? It's a mentally tough game played by mentally tough bastards. If you can't stand the heat then F@@@ off and play chess or something

C

curious

I watched the entire test match. All I can say is that is was tamer than your average Central Coast district cricket. FFS, these guys must be made of glass... I mean, how fragile are they??? It's a mentally tough game played by mentally tough bastards. If you can't stand the heat then F@@@ off and play chess or something
Who are you talking about?

Atomic

curious said:
Who are you talking about?
The Indians, mate. They had some bad umpiring decisions... everyone does, it's all part of the game. They aren't mentally tough enough. They collapsed and lost the game. No point blaming the Aussies for bad sportsmanship. They should have a look at themselves.

Tassiemariner

Bunch of wussbags the indians are.

Symonds is still a tad sensitive over the monkey references. The indian crowd was bad enough to be reported and taken action against but just one use of the word on the field is a bit over-sensitive.

Gen (MarinerMum)

The ICC has taken a stance, if crowds or individuals can't use this language then nor can the players.  I guess the line in the sand this season has been drawn.  Australia was the first to use it.  Of course we are the best at sledging & I've seen Andrew through some good stuff.  However, it has started and where it ends who knows.  I was there on the last day.  Great stuff, everything a test should be.  Thought hogg was ordinary, but stuart clark great and got the wicket of Tendukar.  Tendukar's century excellent. 

We dropped catches, and our fielding was ordinary to say the least.  Lucky, but sometimes that's all it takes.  Great strategy however, I still believe Ponting stayed too long before declaring.

dibo

i think the indians are right - we are bad sports and i think some of the things (ponting standing his ground when he was out and then looking askance when given out incorrectly was the worst) were very poor conduct. doesn't excuse the 'monkey' thing, but really hogg should've known better (or should have been better briefed) that 'bastard' is a really inappropriate term as well. respect works both ways.

they should both play hard but fair, and maintain some standards of decency.

and they should get bucknor a bloody hearing aid...

C

curious

Symonds is still a tad sensitive over the monkey references. The indian crowd was bad enough to be reported and taken action against but just one use of the word on the field is a bit over-sensitive.
Very easy to say when it effects Symonds & not yourself. In particular when he copped so much shite, day after day in India. Ponting also stated on TV tonight that the Indians ageed before the 1st test match, amoungst other things, that use of the word was off limits.

To accuse a non white of being a tad sensitive or over sensitive to a monkey taunt or name calling, is to understate, underestimate & a failure to understand the personal ramifications.
It wasn't "but just one use of the word on the field" & it was more than likely a continuation of the shit he likely has frequently copped all his bloody life.

fish

I think Symonds had every right to take issue with the "Monkey" barb.
Sledging in the most part is humerous and largely brushed off or serve is returned and its forgotten.
If they had won the test there would have been nowhere near the blow up from them.

dibo

Taylor said:
What did Hoggy actually do?

called one of their players a bastard. it's a more serious insult than it seems, what with the caste system and all, even if it wasn't intended that way. a bit of smarts could have saved hoggy a fair bit of trouble.

serious14

The sad thing about all this is, Harbhajan is a nice guy - I speak to him all the time when I have technical difficulties with my NetGear, issues with TPG and sometimes he calls with awesome holliday offers....... 

:postcount:

Andy

serious14 said:
The sad thing about all this is, Harbhajan is a nice guy - I speak to him all the time when I have technical difficulties with my NetGear, issues with TPG and sometimes he calls with awesome holliday offers....... 

;D

Jocwa08

Andy said:
serious14 said:

;D

Hahahaha funny !

After all this the next test will be won by India so the ICC shows theres no favours
and the guy that can stuff a match......
Thats right they are replaced Bucknor with Breeze.
But seriously Australia will lose the ICC will make sure of it to keep the Indian's happy
and Australia wont get the record of consecutive games they deserve

C

curious

The only way the Indians will beat us on the WACA wicket is shoot our fast bowlers & that's not quite subtle enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred