• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Idea -Thread Title at Bottom

Big Al

just an idea which may be easy to implement or a pain and not worth it.

Maybe it's my useless brain.

Sometimes I jump into a thread and read a couple of comments in a row and then go to reply and wonder if I'd be better posting in another thread.

An example could be the au rd 16 thread had now extended into the rd 17 roar thread and the point may belong there.

I forget which thread I'm in and need to scroll all the way to the top to find out but if you could put a header of the thread title either at the reply box or bottom of the page which is where we are when replying it might make it easy for me or others.

Sorry if dumb or annoying.

nearlyyellow

For me (Win 7 Pro, Firefox) I only see Home>Forums>Forum Menu>ccmfans.net. There's no indication of the thread title except at the top. Could be a good idea imho. BUT, curiously, when you click to More Options the bottom title bar is extended to include the Thread Title.

VicMariner

For me (Win 7 Pro, Firefox) I only see Home>Forums>Forum Menu>ccmfans.net. There's no indication of the thread title except at the top. Could be a good idea imho. BUT, curiously, when you click to More Options the bottom title bar is extended to include the Thread Title.
I'm talking about the thingy right at the top of your browser where you see the web address, where you type in www. whatever. Always has the thread title.

Big Al

Safari on iPad always has ccmfans.net across the top. The iPad does some weird trying to be sofidticated thing where it covers over the open tabs and just shows tab address being used

Big Al

Thanks

MagpieMariner

I use Chrome on Win 8 Pro & I see the thread title in the address bar and also in the tab name (of course no use if you don't use tabs).

nearlyyellow

I use Chrome on Win 8 Pro & I see the thread title in the address bar and also in the tab name (of course no use if you don't use tabs).
Yep, that's the same for me with Firefox. However I don't by habit or otherwise, or very rarely, look up at the address bar when viewing pages like these. I expect the page to tell me where I am. :-|

adz

Staff member
Hi, not sure if this helps or not, but have made it so when you scroll past the thread title at the top, it will show in a bar "stickied" to the top of the screen.
I guess I could have just made it show near the reply box somewhere too, so let me know if this way is too annoying and I can change it!

Big Al

Hi, not sure if this helps or not, but have made it so when you scroll past the thread title at the top, it will show in a bar "stickied" to the top of the screen.
I guess I could have just made it show near the reply box somewhere too, so let me know if this way is too annoying and I can change it!
Hi Adz. Works perfectly on safari iPad now.
As I scroll/read it has the thread as a highlighted yellow tab. It's exactly what I was looking for.
Cheers

Atomic

My 2 cents worth… I find it distracting. I hate it and want to cast my vote to remove it.

adz

Staff member
Not sure if that's any better or not.
Have changed from yellow to light grey so it's not as in your face. Also changed font size but will need to look at that again in the morning as I'm on my phone at the moment.

adz

Staff member
Ooh I have another idea that could help but will look at that tomorrow too. A bit hard to do too much on the phone.

adz

Staff member
Ok here's how it works now... when you scroll down the page the header is hidden, and it shows when you scroll up.
It's a fairly common design pattern these days, mainly used for your mobile where screen real estate is a bit more valuable.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

VicMariner

Much better than that shouty, yellow header last night. This is now unobtrusive yet easily available when needed.
Hard to keep everyone happy but this should go close.
Good job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami