• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

How do you feel about our future?

BaysideMariner

I feel that slow sense of optimism because
1. Potential new Owner
2. Signings making sense. (Ollie, Birraz, etc)
3. Our previous reliance on youth. I will explain my thoughts:-
- The rest of the league is now being made to play younger players due to IPL, salary reductions, uncertainty.....
- Our younger players gained more experience at a higher level than other teams.
- Our NPL2 team winning the championship. Therefore hopefully creating a talent pool that will attract young talented players. Who will see a viable pathway to the A League.
- Supporters trust moving forward.

I will say that I have felt this way before most seasons but if just half of the above happen we will be moving in the right direction.

How do you feel?

Ancient Mariner

I fully agree.

We have been like a supertanker going ahead at full speed aimlessly.
I feel the engines have been in reverse for the last year or so (ever since we got rid of Mulvey) to slow us down and stopping us going in the wrong direction. It has taken time, but at last we have stopped and have managed to get the ship pointing in a new direction.
I feel that it is the right direction.
It will take time to build forward momentum but as long as we are moving in the right direction, I am happy.
Hopefully whoever ends up the owner can afford to give the ship a complete overhaul rather than covering the rust with a coat of paint.
Batten the hatches, and full speed ahead out of the storm.

finally retired

I feel that slow sense of optimism because
1. Potential new Owner
2. Signings making sense. (Ollie, Birraz, etc)
3. Our previous reliance on youth. I will explain my thoughts:-
- The rest of the league is now being made to play younger players due to IPL, salary reductions, uncertainty.....
- Our younger players gained more experience at a higher level than other teams.
- Our NPL2 team winning the championship. Therefore hopefully creating a talent pool that will attract young talented players. Who will see a viable pathway to the A League.
- Supporters trust moving forward.

I will say that I have felt this way before most seasons but if just half of the above happen we will be moving in the right direction.

How do you feel?

the highlighted bit says it for me.....each season I feel a sense of optimism beforehand......so I REALLY hope this season turns out different to the last several seasons and my optimism is not dashed like it usually is....

turbo

Cautious optimism. This could be a sign of sensible decisions and a return to better times or we could sign Andrew Hoole before having our club license sold off and cease to exist. Too early to be know either way but the signs are encouraging at the moment.

Tevor

I’m more worried about the HAL to be honest, it will be a different comp this year and it needs to be a good one to get the punters watching. Last round of money from Fox and very little from the top on what they are planning for the future. This to me is a real concern.

still too early for me on CCM, should we be joyous about everyone being brought back to our level and not us making strives ahead to catch up. Not sure I’m over joyed with the membership options for seating but then I remembered how many were attending last season so shouldn’t be a problem.

would be more optimistic if a new owner was confirmed.

style_cafe

Ummm yeah, we`ve been bitten far too often to for me to be optimistic.
I want the team to do well as any supporter does, but we`ve only signed one new player so far and lost a some decent players too.
As my old mate used to say "don`t piss before your water comes"...:popcorn:

Ironbark

I'd be a bit surprised if we lost Ziggy now.

Ollie as captain would rouse the fans and the team methinks.

Overall I'm optimistic, but cautiously so.

Wombat

Losing Muzz was a big bonus. Losing Fox was a loss. Milan and Kim (if played as a DM) are loses but easily upgradeable.

So far retaining our Keeper and bringing in a good quality, experienced Middie are two very positive bits of news.

I'm luke warm but hopeful.

My Mrs and youngest are demanding to come to at least two games as a family group (which is at least 6 new fans).....but they havent sat through a game since the aloisi season so they might pike out after one drubbing?

Ancient Mariner

Now writing without the help of Highland Park 18yo and trying to be realistic.

I am not expecting anything great in the coming season apart from a gradual improvement.
Like us, this year, many teams will be relying on their youth and will struggle compared to previous years.
I am hoping to see the benefit of full a season of A-league experience in improving performances from our young players that other teams will not have.
With the ownership of the Club in limbo and the lack of spending I am expecting us to finish well and truly in the lower half.

However, as long as that is well clear of the spoon, and as long as we see continuing improvement, and as long as we see sensible spending of our minuscule budget (no more Hooles, Gamieros, etc), I will be satisfied.
If we somehow manage to sign a top quality experienced centre back and an effective 12 goal striker I will be ecstatic.

midfielder

Professional Football in Australia today is at an interesting juncture .... everyone's a expert and so many have fixed views and the game is spilt and polarized between various factions... Poor media by that I mean poor Football media coupled with many negative views paints on the surface not a great year ahead.

On top of this Cov 19, brought about the cancellation of the Fox media deal, so instead of having three and a half years to rebuild the AL after the civil war, we have one year on roughly half the income.

FFA appointed a Football CEO and in theory Indy A-L is being run by the clubs.

The Jerks are in a deep hole, as are we.

Two of our better juniors as I saw it seem gone, one sold and one not spotted or apparently not wanted..

On the field the league is being dragged down to our level, which means we should be competitive, which is good.

My reading of the tea leaf's and taro cards, is it will come down to IAL management and can they unite Football folk and get them interested in the AL.

As a club I think we will do better, whether that applies to the league as a whole and whether a new media deal can be reached over the next few months is in the hands of IAL owners, PFA, sadly SBS, and other key media outlets.

AS supporters we can help by buying season memberships and talking the game up locally..

Could go either way we are at an interesting juncture .... my heart says one thing and my brain says another... hope my heart is right...

Tis time to unite behind MC, even if in the long term he is the wrong owner.... the game needs to come together or it could collapse.

Tevor

Professional Football in Australia today is at an interesting juncture .... everyone's a expert and so many have fixed views and the game is spilt and polarized between various factions... Poor media by that I mean poor Football media coupled with many negative views paints on the surface not a great year ahead.

On top of this Cov 19, brought about the cancellation of the Fox media deal, so instead of having three and a half years to rebuild the AL after the civil war, we have one year on roughly half the income.

Two of our better juniors as I saw it seem gone, one sold and one not spotted or apparently not wanted..

On the field the league is being dragged down to our level, which means we should be competitive, which is good.

My reading of the tea leaf's and taro cards, is it will come down to IAL management and can they unite Football folk and get them interested in the AL.

As a club I think we will do better, whether that applies to the league as a whole and whether a new media deal can be reached over the next few months is in the hands of IAL owners, PFA, sadly SBS, and other key media outlets.

AS supporters we can help by buying season memberships and talking the game up locally..

Could go either way we are at an interesting juncture .... my heart says one thing and my brain says another... hope my heart is right...

Tis time to unite behind MC, even if in the long term he is the wrong owner.... the game needs to come together or it could collapse.
My heart and brain feel the same way about MC and it does not include getting behind him. The way he has treated fans is a disgrace and has had too many chances only to make the divide wider.

My investment in any trust hinges on MC’s future involvement in the club.

Everything else I agree with. It could well be RIP professional football in Australia in 2022.

Ironbark

It's felt like this for awhile now I think. Either the end of the league and/or ccm, or it/we rise like a phoenix from the ashes.

Adversity is often a massive boost for some positive growth.
In some ways the league being in such financial trouble could turn out to be a life saver. It requires a massive rethink, the chaff cut, and the best bits developed and innovated. Let's be straight - prior to covid the a-league was stagnating and getting worse, losing viewers and members and the rot was setting in.

I figured the writing was on the wall one way or another before this, a massive shake up is actually an opportunity.

Will it work? It's in the hands of the stakeholders as midfielder said. Let's see. I'll get a membership this year no matter what. Not so sure about the trust yet - but in fairness that's actually to do with my own finances rather than the idea. I will down the track.

pjennings

It's felt like this for awhile now I think. Either the end of the league and/or ccm, or it/we rise like a phoenix from the ashes.

Adversity is often a massive boost for some positive growth.
In some ways the league being in such financial trouble could turn out to be a life saver. It requires a massive rethink, the chaff cut, and the best bits developed and innovated. Let's be straight - prior to covid the a-league was stagnating and getting worse, losing viewers and members and the rot was setting in.

I figured the writing was on the wall one way or another before this, a massive shake up is actually an opportunity.

Will it work? It's in the hands of the stakeholders as midfielder said. Let's see. I'll get a membership this year no matter what. Not so sure about the trust yet - but in fairness that's actually to do with my own finances rather than the idea. I will down the track.

Yep - this encapsulates my feelings as well. In some ways football is 'too big' to fail, especially with its world wide connections and its large participation rate. If the league comes back to us and there is a reset so that more teams can afford to play at a national level I think that can only be a good thing in the long run. There will be bumps along the way but I think CCM have been inured by their previous travails to be well placed to face the new reality. If that includes more money in the club via new owners/investors or management rights to the stadium then all the better.

So I am optimistic that the league and CCM will both survive. I'm just not sure what either of them will look like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami