• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

How can we Help the Club

midfielder

All ideas welcome, no such thing as a silly idea...

Tomorrow night I am going to go to Ettalong Diggers just before kick off and ask that the Mariners be put o the main screen... I will also check with Ettalong Bowls at what time they close and do the same thing abid a tad latter...

Its quite a small gesture but if it gets club staff thinking locals want the Mariners and by extension the A_league on club screens thats gotta be a good thing... I am also considering phoning the clubs during the day to see if they are broadcasting the game...

Shaun anything you wanta us to do within reason i.e. no blowing up the Flying Circus Bus...

Pirate Pete

Tomorrow night I am going to go to Ettalong Diggers just before kick off and ask that the Mariners be put o the main screen... I will also check with Ettalong Bowls at what time they close and do the same thing abid a tad latter...

Its quite a small gesture but if it gets club staff thinking locals want the Mariners and by extension the A_league on club screens thats gotta be a good thing... I am also considering phoning the clubs during the day to see if they are broadcasting the game...

Shaun anything you wanta us to do within reason i.e. no blowing up the Flying Circus Bus...
Good luck at the Diggers. I got thrown out of there years ago after telling what I thought when they switched the Mariners over to a replay of a 1988 one day cricket game.
I was told not to expect the game to be on because it was a "leagues club".

Another time we were in there for a game v Wellington. Early kick off on a Friday.
Refused to put the game on the big screen. Put it on the smaller screen.
Happily sat watching it until some bloke came up and said "this is our table".
Told them it wasn't and then...... "Do you know who I am".
Me. "no".
It was a director of the joint.
Told him I'd move if they put it on the big screen. They did, for a while. Had to go up to the bar and complain.
Haven't been back since. Bunch of dicks.
Previously I'd been there and it was packed with Mariners.

priorpeter

Good luck with getting the game on there tomorrow middy, could be a long wait :D

marinermick

Couldn’t this post go in a another thread instead of starting a new thread for a non-existent game?

shipwreck

I think this is an awesome idea Middy, whatever we can do on our level to raise awareness around the coast is always great.

Might get shut down by the crusty Neanderthals at the odd leagues club but f**k then, keep waving the mariners flag. One day the kids who grossly outnumber the amount of registered rugby league playing kids will be grown up

Allreet?

One day the kids who grossly outnumber the amount of registered rugby league playing kids will be grown up
I've been waiting for this idea to come to fruition for a while. I remember in the first couple of (very successful) seasons that you could see any number of kids in Mariners gear when walking around Erina Fair, even in the off season. Yep, they'll all be ultras in ten years or so, I was thinking, but that hasn't happened and if anything, league is more popular on the Coast than it's ever been, notwithstanding the scandals that dog that code every single year.

Thing is, kids continue to play football while supporting the codes/teams their parents support. Weird, I know, but it's always been the case in this country. For the game's leaders the Holy Grail has always been to find a way of converting the massive participation base into keen supporters of the professional game. I estimate there would be 5 million people playing, or involved, in football, or ex-players. Probably a lot more when you count all the parents. And yet how many watch on telly or attend the A-League?

Anything that can be done to raise the profile of the league (and our club locally) has to be done by all true believers, so great work midfielder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb