• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

health insurance . gouged again

true believer

Well the premium is about to criminally rise again by almost 10 percent .
I think its time to drop out .

If there was an option to put the money into health directly id do that instead of feeding the health sharks

Big Al

This is not financial advice but don't do it.

Saved my bacon. You never think you will need it.

I was crying about being bleed dry. Went in to see them but it was sure you can drop down but be covered for bugger all.

Have been life threatening sick for 18months. I've been in and out of hospital. Needed major surgery. I've been going both public and private during it

But when it came to the surgeries the difference is the best doctors doing the operations or not.

I've got all my premiums back already.

Sure my situation is not the average but it's what you have it for.

Can also be a tax issue if you are over the threshold, so you pay extra tax for no cover as well as if you try getting back in post 30yrs old they effectively increase the premiums.

I know it really hurts but think real hard.

That's just my experience

Big Al

The other option is buying shares. Two major funds shares increased with the latest rises.

That way you can profit from yourself. Lol

true believer

the public health service still does most of the surgeries.
if I 'd banked my health insurance i'd have 100k . my herenia cost 2.5k the wifes was 6k
if I pay extra tax . i'd still be giving to Australia's "common" wealth .
not the legalised mafia .

at the current rate , insurance is doubling every 5 years .
whats the fraudulent inflation rate the economists are claiming ?

dibo

Imagine getting the letter.

"Dear Mr FFC Mariner,

It's time to get life insurance.

Based on your circumstances, we recommend..."

Big Al

the public health service still does most of the surgeries.
if I 'd banked my health insurance i'd have 100k . my herenia cost 2.5k the wifes was 6k
if I pay extra tax . i'd still be giving to Australia's "common" wealth .
not the legalised mafia .

at the current rate , insurance is doubling every 5 years .
whats the fraudulent inflation rate the economists are claiming ?
The public system is very good, it's when you need doctors that don't do the standard surgeries that private that comes in very handy.

When you need a certain doctor because you need there expertise because they are the only ones capable and they operate out of a private hospitals then it can be very expensive.

While my experience doesn't happen to everyone it certainly can.

If you put the money away don't touch it there is merit but very hard to do and only works if you get sick after you have accumulated enough to cover it.

My wife had a gallstone removed which the public system deems an optional surgery. You can pay for it outright or go public but you might have to wait to long and get other complications.

If tax is an issue yes you do add to the Medicare system per say but also to other government waste as well. I'd prefer to get the personal benefit of cover for myself.

To me it's like house insurance, while you feel you your house may never be destroyed you still cover it. How many times do you see a house fire on the news then the family say we've lost everything we aren't insured.

I just see it as a necessary evil, especially once your in.

I agree they are gouging us and the government is letting it happen when they want us all to move to private insurance they should be keeping the price as low as possible.

Good luck with your choice.

true believer

Done my knee yesterday .i can bearly walk . See how much i pay and the private health insureance bandits
pay

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred