• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Greg Norman

Arabmariner

I'm not the biggest golf fan in the world but I'd love to see Norman pull this off.

Might just stay up tonight and follow the cycling and the golf.

Anyone else interested?

serious14

Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
Sports??   Late nights??

As if I won't be!!!!  :p
LOL when there's no football on I'd even watch tiddelywinks! :p

Dude - I watched Intertoto Cup on Setanta this morning because I was so desperate to cure my football drought.  Horrible situation it is.....

RADINHO

serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
Sports??  Late nights??

As if I won't be!!!!  :p
LOL when there's no football on I'd even watch tiddelywinks! :p

Dude - I watched Intertoto Cup on Setanta this morning because I was so desperate to cure my football drought.  Horrible situation it is.....

in a month we will be choking our selves with football  :tv: off season is so boring makes me want to  :vomit:

W

Wilson

The guy is 53, what he did was one of the greatest ever sporting stories ever..Ask people that actually play golf

W

Wilson

I play it as a game maybe you do too. but Woods and co play it as a sport!!!

serious14

*sigh*  Gotta say, this was not wholly unexpected.  Not as epic a choke as his last effort against Faldo, but this was up there.

Just hasn't got the mental licks I reckon...... or that insane wind f*cked him over harder than the rest.  Seriously, that was ridiculous - 80km/h at some points!!!  :eek:

BiggusMickus

Wilson said:
The guy is 53, what he did was one of the greatest ever sporting stories ever..Ask people that actually play golf

There are some others (not just golf) that should also get an honerable mention.....

Muhammad Ali
Cassius Marcellus Clay Junior was born on January 17th 1942 in Louisville, Kentucky and later became Muhammad Ali. Ali changed his name after joining the Nation of Islam. His illustrious career saw him claim the World Heavyweight title three times and win Olympic gold. He is widely seen as the greatest sportsman to have ever lived and was crowned Sportsman of the Century by the BBC.

His fights are widely seen as the greatest bouts of all time including the Fight of the Century (Ali/Frazier), Rumble in the Jungle (Ali/Foreman) and the Thrilla in Manila (Ali/Frazier). Ali defeated almost every top heavyweight in an era now known as the Golden Age of boxing. He is regarded as the best pound for pound boxer ever to have entered the ring. His amazing fighting skills and infectious personality combined with his unrivalled self promotional skills meant that he changed the history of sport and not just boxing.

Pele
Edson Arantes do Nascimento was born on October 23rd 1940 in Trs Coraes in Brazil. He was later known by his nickname Pele and is widely regarded as the greatest footballer ever to have played the game. During his illustrious career he became known as the King of Football and remains the all-time top scorer in the history of the Brazilian national team.

He simply had no faults to his game he was an immaculate dribbler, a visionary passer of the ball, a clinical finisher and was sublime in the air. Along with two World Cup winners medals, he was named Athlete of the Century by the International Olympic Committee. Having seen the Brazilian light up the football field, few would place a football bet that there will ever be a footballer as majestical as Pele.

Jack Nicklaus
Jack William Nicklaus was born in Ohio in January 1940. He was nicknamed The Golden Bear and became the greatest golfer of all time. He claimed a record 18 majors in a career spanning 25 years. He then went onto win 8 of the Champions Tour majors from 1990 1996.

These records still stand today and Nicklaus is still seen as the most complete golfer of all time. He was one of the greatest putters of all time and also the longest driver on the tour during his prime. Even the great Tiger Woods describes him as the greatest golfer ever in his own words, always has been, always will be. Who would be brave enough to place a golf bet in disagreement?

Jesse Owens
James Cleveland Owens was born in Alabama in September 1913. He is regarded as the greatest Athlete of all time and will be remembered for his four gold medals in the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin.  His greatest achievement came in 1935 in a 45 minute period when he set three world records and tied a fourth at the Big Ten meet in Michigan.

He set world records in the 100 yard sprint, the long jump, 220 yard sprint (201m) and the 220 yard hurdles. He became legendary in 1936 when he went to the Olympics in Berlin. Hitler was using the games to prove to the rest of the world the power and athleticism of Nazi Germany. Nazi propaganda had depicted ethnic Africans as inferior and Owens answered them in emphatic style with four gold medals in the 100m, 200m, long jump and 4 x 100m relay. Some describe this as one of the greatest sporting achievements of all time.

Don Bradman
Donald George Bradman was born on August 27th 1908 and became the greatest cricketer of all time. He was an Australian legend who had a test batting average of 99.94 which puts him head and shoulders above all others to have played his sport. He was often called The Don during his career that spanned over 20 years at International level.

He broke records for both first-class and Test cricket. He scored centuries at a rate better than one every three innings. He also converted a third of his centuries to double hundreds and he scored an unprecedented 37 first-class double hundreds. Would you place a cricket bet on any of the current crop of stars beating that record? Wisden rate Bradman as the greatest Test batsman and his innings of 270 in the third Test against England at the MCG in 1937 was rated as the greatest ever Test Innings.

George Best
59 years after his birth in Belfast in 1946, over 100,000 people turned out for George Bests funeral in the pouring rain. He was probably the best footballer never to have won a World Cup, but he did win a European Cup and was named European Footballer of the Year in 1968.

He was a sensational dribbler of the ball with the ability to turn and weave with both feet leaving other players standing. His enormous popularity was not just for his exploits on the pitch but for his activity off the pitch. He was the first celebrity footballer and battled an alcohol addiction for many years up until his death. He was the most appropriately named genius to have ever graced a football pitch.

Lester Piggott
Lester Keith Piggott was born in 1935 and is still regarded as one of the greatest jockeys of all time. During an amazing career he won 4,493 races including nine Derby victories. He won his first race at the age of 12 and won his first Derby at the age of only 18.

He was very tall for a jockey (5 foot 8 inches) and became Champion Jockey on 11 occasions. In 1987 he was jailed for 3 years for tax evasion and he was stripped of his OBE. Following his release from jail after 366 days he resumed riding and won the Breeders Cup Mile on Royal Academy within ten days. He rode his last winner in October 1994 at the incredible age of 59 and has cemented his place in sporting history and not just horse racing history.

Michael Jordan
Michael Jeffrey Jordan was born in New York City in February 1963. He became the greatest basketball player of all time and one of the most famous and well paid sports stars ever. He joined the NBAs Chicago Bulls in 1984 and became a superstar with his prolific scoring. He was nicknamed Air Jordan because of his incredible ability to slam dunk from the foul line. Having won three titles with the Bulls, he left to pursue a career in baseball.

He rejoined the Bulls in 1995 and led them to three further titles. As an individual player he won five NBA MVP (Most Valuable Player) awards. He holds the NBA record for the highest career regular season scoring average with 30.1 points per game, a record that you could back on being broken with a basketball spread bet.

Billie Jean King
Billie Jean Moffitt King was born in November 1943 in Long Beach California. She became one of the greatest tennis players to have graced a court. During her career she won 12 Grand Slam singles titles, 16 Grand Slam womens doubles titles and 11 Grand Slam mixed doubles titles. She was very outspoken about sexism in sport and society and famously defeated Bobby Riggs (former Wimbledon Champion) in the Battle of the Sexes in 1973. She was instrumental in the US Open becoming the first major tournament to offer equal prize money to men and women in the same year.

Babe Ruth
George Herman Ruth Junior was born in February 1895 and was without question the greatest baseball player of all time. He accumulated numerous nicknames such as the Bambino, the Sultan of Swat, The Colossus of Clout,  The King of Crash, the Home Run King, The Big Guy and of course Babe Ruth. He played a significant role in changing the way baseball is played and established the New York Yankees dynasty.

He began his career as a starting pitcher for the Boston Red Sox and set a number of World Series pitching records. In 1920 he was sold to the New York Yankees and over the next 15 seasons he continued to smash all records. The Yankees went on to win seven American League Pennants ad four World Series Titles.

Kareem
Not sure what he has done but I'm led to believe from reading these forums that if you ask him he will tell you.

W

Wilson

Did that list take you long to compile??
Get back to work..You get my Captain Obvious Award for this week

BiggusMickus

Wilson said:

1. Nope
2. Work is just something to fill in time during the off season
3. I'm thrilled to be honoured with such a prestigious award from such a sporting oracle.
4. Go and eat little lunch

adz

Staff member
bit early in the week to hand out an award like that - it's like giving "goal of the season" in the first round

serious14

BiggusMickus said:
Wilson said:

1. Nope
2. Work is just something to fill in time during the off season
3. I'm thrilled to be honoured with such a prestigious award from such a sporting oracle.
4. Go and eat little lunch

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha - snap.  LOVE it.  ;D

W

Wilson

adz said:
bit early in the week to hand out an award like that - it's like giving "goal of the season" in the first round

That's why when someone says it at the ground in the first game we all crack up....

Paolo

adz said:
noel spencer season 1, round 1  *whistles*

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred