• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Greatest teams of the 00's

serious14

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/sow_experts/post/The-five-best-soccer-teams-of-the-decade;_ylt=AuiDiGDEDju7EEXZI_sz6gkmw7YF?urn=sow,205815

The five best soccer teams of the decade
By Martin Rogers

5. Manchester United 2007-08

Cristiano Ronaldo was established as the finest player on the planet, Sir Alex Ferguson wondered why he had ever considered retirement and United played some of the most ruthlessly efficient soccer Europe has ever seen.

A rocky start to the English Premier League season could not prevent United from going on a tear during the second half of the campaign and beating Chelsea to the title.

The Red Devils faced the same opponent in the final of a dominant UEFA Champions League campaign that had seen them sweep past Barcelona and Roma. United won the title in Moscow in a dramatic penalty shootout.

4. Brazil 2002

After a dismal qualifying campaign and star striker Ronaldo overweight and out of form, Brazil was widely written off before the 2002 World Cup.

However, with seven straight victories and eight goals from Ronaldo, the Samba superstars showed themselves to be one of the truly great teams of the modern era.

Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo were all in outstanding form, and even though Brazil fell a goal behind to England in the quarterfinals and faced a tough Germany side in the final, the South American power could not be denied.

3. Barcelona 2008-09

The 2009 Champions League final was billed as not only the battle of the world's two best club teams but also its two finest players.

However, it was Lionel Messi who led Barcelona to a comfortable 2-0 victory over Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United to put himself, and his club, at the top of the pile.

New head coach Pep Guardiola tapped into the talents of Messi, Thierry Henry and Andres Iniesta to claim a sensational "treble" of the Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey.

2. France 2000

France had stunned soccer by winning the World Cup on home soil in 1998, but this was arguably the finest work produced by the greatest international team of its time.

With Zinedine Zidane pulling the strings, France surged through the group and knockout stages with a brand of soccer that was magnificent to watch. The French survived a scare in the final, producing a late equalizer against Italy before David Trezeguet sealed it with a golden goal in extra time.

1. Spain 2008

Spain had not won a major competition for 44 years yet somehow Luis Aragones' squad managed to block out the pressure and expectations that followed them throughout Euro 2008.

It was truly a team effort with too many heroes to mention, and it was the kind of performance the hungry Spanish public had waited all those years for.

The only scare came in the quarterfinal against Italy won in a penalty shootout as Spain marched to the title without conceding a goal in knockout play.

Barca 08/09 >>>>>>>>>>> Spain 08, but I agree with the rest.

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
Tigana's Fulham 2000-2001

Orgasm on grass

My housemate tells me that Barnsley of ten years ago was "just like watching Brazil".

I view your post with the same skepticism I view his claim.  ;)

dru

Foriegnmariner said:
Arsenal's Invincibles team.
I can never remember Arsenal winning everything they entered in the last ten years.

Oh you are talking about the 03/04 season where they lost to Boro twice in the League cup, Manchester United twice in both the community shield and the FA cup and Chelsea in the Champions league. Yeah invincible

Tassiemariner

dru said:
Foriegnmariner said:
Arsenal's Invincibles team.
I can never remember Arsenal winning everything they entered in the last ten years.

Oh you are talking about the 03/04 season where they lost to Boro twice in the League cup, Manchester United twice in both the community shield and the FA cup and Chelsea in the Champions league. Yeah invincible
Yeah thats a snap. I couldn't even remember what year they went on there undefeated league season.
But you know i strongly dislike arsenal so i agree with your points anyway.

Also how did they lose to boro twice in the league cup? Do/did they still have home and away legs in the league cup?

dru

Semi finals are played home and away in the league cup.

In the space of a 4 weeks we played them 4 times. hell we played them twice inside 5 days at one point, lets just say the other two games didn't go as well as the league cup ones :p

midfielder

I have a couple of suggestions ....

The Man U side that took the trebble ... what a midfield .. Beckham, Scoles, Keen, Giggs..

The Liverpool side of the mid to late 80's ....

The Real side from the late 1940 to the mid 1950's ARRrrrrrrrr

The current Barca side..

Finally the NSW over 50 side top division in the world masters...

BTW one of the above is not realy serious can you guess which...

Tassiemariner

midfielder said:

The Man U side that took the trebble ... what a midfield .. Beckham, Scoles, Keen, Giggs..

The current Barca side..

you did read the thread title yeah?

midfielder

Foriegnmariner said:
midfielder said:

The current Barca side..

you did read the thread title yeah?

Oppppppppppsssss ... it's been a very long week ... no excuse but no sleep last night preparing some stuff for a client ... won a minor battle today .. and have had a little snip of lemon juice ... to reward myself... again sorry all.... BTW that means the the NSW Old Boys over 50 side does count ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami