• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

*Gordon Ramsey Appreciation Thread

serious14

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23889063-10229,00.html

"AN expletive-laden episode of celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay's TV show has prompted a Senate committee to recommend changes to the way we all watch television.

The Senate's environment, communications and arts committee examined swearing on television after Liberal Senator Cory Bernardi took offence at the British chef's show Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

Senator Bernardi said one episode had contained "the F-word" 80 times in its 40 minutes.
"And I'm not referring to fondue," he said.

The report, unanimously endorsed by the committee, recommended parental lock-out systems should be made an industry standard for all digital televisions sold in Australia.

The report also recommended broadcasters should consider permanently displaying the classification symbol of a program on screen.

The Government should review the Australian Communications and Media Authority's role in the regulatory system, the report said.

The industry should also clarify what is meant by the terms "occasional, some and frequent" coarse language, it said.

Committee chairwoman Anne McEwen said submissions to the inquiry showed people were not only offended by Ramsay's coarse language, but the way he used it.

"People were offended by the way Ramsay directed his language towards restaurant staff in an abusive and aggressive manner," Senator McEwen said.

The report also recommended several changes to the way complaints were dealt with"

And this country slides that _little bit further_ into the politically correct oblivion it is digging for itself.

HEY PARENTS, IT'S CALLED "THE OFF BUTTON".  F*CKING LEARN WHAT IT IS, WHERE IT IS, AND HOW IT WORKS!!!!    :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:    Not to mention that 90% of children would hear ten times worse and fifty times more, every single day in the schoolyard.

Seriously, we've got the most inept government this country has ever had at both state and federal level, and this is the sort of shit (along with this Iguana-gate rubbish) they spend Parliament day worrying about??  F*ck's sake......

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
EXACTLY....thats what i been saying forever...YA DONT F*CKIN LIKE IT , TURN THE CHANNEL OR TURN IT OFF.....no ones making people watch good Ole Gordo...we got more important shit to worry about than a retired scottish football apprentice doing his block on the boob tube....but we wont go into my rant on victims of crime and the shithouse sentencing we have in this country/state....

once again as I said before I apologise whole heartedly for not dropping iemma on his head at school back in 75.

Paolo

Can this thread please be named the "Gordon Ramsey Appreciaction Thread".

The man is a legend

bjw

bjw
f**k-ing absolute bullshit crap.
He swears, so what.. grr

serious14 said:
Seriously, we've got the most inept government this country has ever had at both state and federal level, and this is the sort of shit (along with this Iguana-gate rubbish) they spend Parliament day worrying about??   F*ck's sake......

I totally agree- 4 beers a binge.. f**k-ing crap.

marinermick

agree with the sentiments here but isn't it funny that the posts defending him the most contains the most swearing

serious14

marinermick said:
agree with the sentiments here but isn't it funny that the posts defending him the most contains the most swearing

Methinks that's semi-intentional............. swearing is here to stay, f*cking deal with it.  :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred