• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Glamour club Wyoming downed by youthful Gosford City

tyson

Heroes to zeros.

Just been beaten by a bunch of under 18s from Premier 2 in their first match of the Pre Season Cup. The final score was 2-1 with a late strike from Foxy to put the reds in front.

This is what the people from Wyoming had to say: "We don't care, they aren't in our comp so we won't have to play them for a while anyway"

...Looks like they won't have to play anyone for a while because they just got knocked out in the first round!

Aden

better team won on the night ... i give gosford that congradulations to them but ur a tool for makin u some comment  no one from wyoming would have said. yeh we gotknocked out  1st round  and yeh some would be  dissapointed but the matter of the fact is . the better team one but we are still premier league champions and champion of champion champions..  it wont happen again this year i am pretty sure but its more then what gosford  have mayb yas can celebrate ya  association cup which i hope yas win or if even lucky i hope yas can celebrate promotion this year cuz overcoming division  1  somthin we dont gotta worry about  0_0  but again congradulations.  and just cuz we are champs we aint a glamour club u muppet..  also  great captaining by  jeff hall ..  better team one simple!!! 

Jeff (LouMacari)

Tyson, tell Jeff (jnr), ben cohen, foxy, parko, fitzy's etc etc etc...that they're a bunch of under 18's and they may have something to say about it! ;)

Aden, if you were one of the players in that wyoming side, got beat, and are saying 'better team won on the night' ...  then that's a credit to you mate.

Aden

no im not good enough to be one of the ones playin but i am wyoming by heart and blood the only club ive ever played for . even though i know a lot of the gossie boys i always want my club to win.  but i must say they were the better team and all the gossie fans as much as i should have a grudge against yas .. expect big things from that team this yr especially while jef is captain . deep down im upset but again i have to call it how i see it

tyson

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
Tyson, tell Jeff (jnr), ben cohen, foxy, parko, fitzy's etc etc etc...that they're a bunch of under 18's and they may have something to say about it! ;)

Aden, if you were one of the players in that wyoming side, got beat, and are saying 'better team won on the night' ...  then that's a credit to you mate.

haha, sorry. massive exaggeration to rub it in.
i was just referring to the young guns like jeff, seggi and pat. the team has a good mixture of youth and experience (guys like jeff jnr and foxy).

beating ourimbah and wyoming already, i wouldnt be surprised if they get promoted next season should they keep up such form.

aden, i can't confirm it was really said, but my mate was talking to john mclafferty after it and he (my mate) claims that someone there said it to him (im assuming there were some other people around him).
it was all just jokes from me in my initial post though...

Aden

If the team plays like that all year i have no doubt promotion is on the cards.  But to say wyoming have gone from heroes to zeros  really is putting gosford down for the work they put into this game really. In the first half  there was no doubt Wyoming were the stronger side  and for the start of the second haf  that many chances were put to waste and really that can come back you in football. And in this case it did.  1-0 up and then conceeded twice . Im not gonna make excuses like  wyoming were missing players because im not like that but i am still wondering some of the positioning of the wyoming players. Another thing i wish to add is that if we were  champions of champions and went a season undefeated  , besides the players leving why do we need to get all these new players in the team  . Tonight i saw that many players in the team nd i think while a team has bonded and performed so well toghether as long as they are fit and still there keep them toghether . I think this is an issue and we were not our normal selves and thats taking nuthing away what so ever from the gossie team but i dont understand that. But yes gosford have great youth and  great mates of mine,  seggie ,keensy, jeffro , paddy etc etc. like to have a kid as young as pat and have him play the way he has been the last 2 weeks he is no doubt a talent. but when u get promoted again . then the good old derby days shall return.  they are no where near what they use to be  i hate east gossie more these dys and ourimbah

tyson

dude, relax, i was joking around.

i didnt see the game, i was watching east gossie v terrigal.
im glad preston is still coach, there was rumours floating around that mclafferty was coming back and preston would b dropped... which would have been silly because preston achieved their best season.

so who were the new guys in the wyoming squad? i cant see why they would change the squad around much when both teams won the comp.

and i accidently left out keensy... which reminds me, i wonder who rudan was going for...

Paolo

Ah Shit Yeah!!!!  1-0 and you f**ked it up

Great game to watch and play in, all the boys dug deep and worked their asses off. Fitness is still an issue as that is only our second game so far this year so i can only see us improving. Good though to hand wyoming their first loss in 18months after all the shit they have been saying like they are going to beat us 10-0.

In regards to the getting beat by a team of 18s, slight exaggeration ;), the only guys who played last year who were from last years 18s were me and patty and we were both off the bench.

Cmon City

dibo

come on you reds!

goslogo.gif

Aden

Thats somthing Wyoming didnt do ...  "work their asses off" . however gosford work for each and every second of the game ..stayed disciplined and fought it out..  in reply to what typson said before about who their new players were umm i only know adam woodbine from the mariners academy is playin for us this year the other new onees i still gotta learn names

Paolo

In more news....after last nights game there has been a proposed change of club emblem, below is an early draft
0,,10309~2933801,00.jpg

;D

dibo

keensy said:
In more news....after last nights game there has been a proposed change of club emblem, below is an early draft
0,,10309~2933801,00.jpg

;D

same motto as gosford high!

tyson

keensy said:

Great game to watch and play in, all the boys dug deep and worked their asses off. Fitness is still an issue as that is only our second game so far this year so i can only see us improving. Good though to hand wyoming their first loss in 18months after <b>all the shit they have been saying like they are going to beat us 10-0</b>.

In regards to the getting beat by a team of 18s, slight exaggeration ;), the only guys who played last year who were from last years 18s were me and patty and we were both off the bench.

Cmon City

You're making that up. No one from Wyoming would have said that.
hehe.

Paolo

tyson said:
keensy said:

Great game to watch and play in, all the boys dug deep and worked their asses off. Fitness is still an issue as that is only our second game so far this year so i can only see us improving. Good though to hand wyoming their first loss in 18months after <b>all the shit they have been saying like they are going to beat us 10-0</b>.

Cmon City

You're making that up. No one from Wyoming would have said that.
hehe.
yeah you are right....they are actually heaps modest ;) ;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred