• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

GA new Socceroos coach

Gratis

Socceroos coach: Graham Arnold to be named long-term Australian boss

The Sky Blue coach will be given the national team role after months of speculation

Sydney FC boss Graham Arnold will reportedly be confirmed as the next Socceroos boss on Thursday.

Dutchman Bert van Marwijk will lead Australia’s 2018 World Cup campaign in Russia, while Arnold completes his duties with reigning A-League champions Sydney FC.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Arnold will accept a four-year contract with Football Federation Australia which starts in August and includes the 2022 World Cup, should the Socceroos qualify.

His first important job will be the green-and-gold's Asian Cup defence - which will be held in the UAE at the start of 2019.

A press conference has been called at 1pm on Thursday in which the FFA are expected to announce the appointment.

Arnold, 54, previously coached the national side in 2006-07.

He was an assistant coach with the Socceroos from 2008-10 before accepting the top job with A-League club Central Coast Mariners in 2010.

Arnold switched allegiances to Sydney FC for the 2014-15 A-League campaign.

He led the Sky Blues to both the Premiers Plate and a grand-final triumph in 2016-17.

They have all-but locked up a second straight minor premiership and are favourites to win the 2018 A-League grand final.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/socc...be-named-long-term/1byb7ltvx9ayp19xubr6w8rh0o

Big Al

Socceroos coach: Graham Arnold to be named long-term Australian boss

The Sky Blue coach will be given the national team role after months of speculation

Sydney FC boss Graham Arnold will reportedly be confirmed as the next Socceroos boss on Thursday.

Dutchman Bert van Marwijk will lead Australia’s 2018 World Cup campaign in Russia, while Arnold completes his duties with reigning A-League champions Sydney FC.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Arnold will accept a four-year contract with Football Federation Australia which starts in August and includes the 2022 World Cup, should the Socceroos qualify.

His first important job will be the green-and-gold's Asian Cup defence - which will be held in the UAE at the start of 2019.

A press conference has been called at 1pm on Thursday in which the FFA are expected to announce the appointment.

Arnold, 54, previously coached the national side in 2006-07.

He was an assistant coach with the Socceroos from 2008-10 before accepting the top job with A-League club Central Coast Mariners in 2010.

Arnold switched allegiances to Sydney FC for the 2014-15 A-League campaign.

He led the Sky Blues to both the Premiers Plate and a grand-final triumph in 2016-17.

They have all-but locked up a second straight minor premiership and are favourites to win the 2018 A-League grand final.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/socc...be-named-long-term/1byb7ltvx9ayp19xubr6w8rh0o
Explains why SFC have been shit this last couple of weeks

Good appointment I think he deserves it. Another Socceroo made in Gosford

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Sigh...f**k that. He's already had a go and he was shit - and that was when the squad was 10 times better than it is today.
Besides, I really, really don't want to have to cheer for anything that dickhead does.

Big Al

Sigh...f**k that. He's already had a go and he was shit - and that was when the squad was 10 times better than it is today.
Besides, I really, really don't want to have to cheer for anything that dickhead does.
Arnie has alot more experience now. He failed because of the old the assistant can do it.

If we are going Aussie then he is the best option imo

Gratis

I'm happy to give him a shot. I think he has grown significantly as a coach. His stats are as good as you'll get from a current Australian coach

"
His coaching record in the A-League is simply imperious.

Graham Arnold A-League Managerial Record
Screen%20Shot%202018-03-08%20at%201.13.13%20pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 1.13.13 pm.png

He’s won Championships with both Sydney FC (2016/17) and the Mariners (2012/13), along with the 2017 Westfield FFA Cup title with the Sky Blues.

He also guided Central Coast to the Premiership in the 2011/12 season and Sydney to the Premiers Plate in 2016/17.

Adding to his success is the number of players – current Caltex Socceroos – which he has helped nurture and develop during his time in the A-League.

National team regulars Trent Sainsbury and Mat Ryan both blossomed under Arnold’s tutelage, along with the likes of Bernie Ibini and Alex Wilkinson.

Arnold has re-energized the likes of ex-Socceroos Michael Zullo and Luke Wilkshire at Sydney FC, while the brilliant form of Josh Brillante has been rewarded with a call-up in the latest squad.

While Arnold served as interim Socceroos coach in 2007, you sense his experience and success in the A-League will steel him for a lengthier and more productive stint this time around.

Can he guide Australia to back-to-back Asian Cup crowns?

ARNOLD IN THE A-LEAGUE

• Graham Arnold has managed his sides to 82 clean sheets, more than any other manager in A-League history (Merrick, 75).
  • Only three teams in A-League history have kept 14+ clean sheets in a single campaign, and they were all managed by Graham Arnold (Mariners in 2010/11, Mariners in 2012/13, Sydney FC in 2016/17).
  • Graham Arnold has never lost more than two consecutive A-League matches in regular time.
  • Graham Arnold managed sides have scored 4+ goals on 24 occasions in A-League history, conceding as many only three times.
  • Sydney FC average 2.5 goals per game in 2017/18, the most of any team in a single season in A-League history."

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I knew it ❗️ I fkn knew it ❗️..soon as Ange retired I said Arnie was gonna get a shot....could be worse , we could of got Mr K Musc**t instead ⚽️

Insertnamehere

Should have been Marcelo Bielsa. Probably too expensive for FFA though.
Not fussed with GA taking over. It's a backwards step from Ange, not an evolution. IMO
Plus how is SFC going in Asia....? Bout the same as we did under GA. His teams are good against lesser teams but garbage against better teams.

Big Al

Should have been Marcelo Bielsa. Probably too expensive for FFA though.
Not fussed with GA taking over. It's a backwards step from Ange, not an evolution. IMO
Plus how is SFC going in Asia....? Bout the same as we did under GA. His teams are good against lesser teams but garbage against better teams.
Come on we made it out of the group stage. SFC will not

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I knew it ❗️ I fkn knew it ❗️..soon as Ange retired I said Arnie was gonna get a shot....could be worse , we could of got Mr K Musc**t instead ⚽️
I'd deadset give up on the 'roos and follow the all-whites if that happened.
I'm still worried he'll get the gig at somepoint.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Here’s hoping the Smurfs come crashing back to earth after Arnie leaves ....although F**kup Football Australia will probably let them get some humongous overseas name as his replacement ( is the boss part of the salary cap❓)

Pirate Pete

Here’s hoping the Smurfs come crashing back to earth after Arnie leaves ....although F**kup Football Australia will probably let them get some humongous overseas name as his replacement ( is the boss part of the salary cap❓)
No, the boss isn't part of the salary cap, but I think I read the other week that they would struggle to get an overseas coach on what they pay Arnie.

Do the Aussie team get a new fitness bloke & goalkeeping coach too?

Big Al

No, the boss isn't part of the salary cap, but I think I read the other week that they would struggle to get an overseas coach on what they pay Arnie.

Do the Aussie team get a new fitness bloke & goalkeeping coach too?
Will be interesting because the fitness team is highly regarded in the national team isn’t it but Arnie loves his team

Insertnamehere

Will be interesting because the fitness team is highly regarded in the national team isn’t it but Arnie loves his team
You'd have to say Clarkie and Crawley are arguably the best at their jobs in the HAL so wouldn't be surprised to see him take his people.

Gratis

If it doesn't work out we all know the pattern. He can sign as coach of the Mariners and have a successful few years.
This time if he asks for a release to go to Japan we say no.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb