• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

GA and the Russians

bloggo

If I was to have a wild guess, I'd say you're a scum supporter having a laugh.

They've been trolling for too long for it to be a scum supporter. They would have gone to jail by now. Therefore cannot be scum.

MrCelery

Dontfeedthetrolls.png

PHANTOM

Well guys let me tell you some things.
I mix in circles you only dream about.

I am a mariners supporter and the reason why i haven't been on the forum is because i'm not a die hard fan.

I love the team and out of all the league teams i personaly believe that mariners are under rated and have a lot more potential then people realise or talk about.

They are a great team and the reason why i want the Russians to take over is because I know that the team will be in great hands and finacially backed and there fore they will have A+++
facility for training and I hope this deal works because the Mariners will kick ass!!!!! :eek:verhead:

Atomic

I know there is a lot of scepticism about PHANTOM's posts, but I do know that there is movement on the Russian front (pardon the pun). I don't know to what extent, but there is definitely something afoot.

The PHANTOM isn't a Newcastle troll.

Bex

Perhaps Atomic, but it's very one-dimensional. I was tired of these repeated comments long ago.

If Phantom knows so much about how the Russians are coming soon, how come they're not here yet? How many times do we have to hear it won't be long until we're all drinking vodka? In my book, it's been a long time already, therefore, Phantom's previous comments were rubbish.

It's not my fault that Phantom is eroding his/her own credibility by repeatedly jumping the gun.

Bex

The above sounds pretty blunt when I read it back.

Put it on the record that it's not bothering me THAT much. But don't blame me either if I keep having a dig when the predictions don't come through. :p<_<

Forum Phoenix

I am a mariners supporter and the reason why i haven't been on the forum is because i'm not a die hard fan.

I love the team and out of all the league teams i personaly believe that mariners are under rated and have a lot more potential then people realise or talk about.

They are a great team and the reason why i want the Russians to take over is because I know that the team will be in great hands and finacially backed and there fore they will have A+++
facility for training and I hope this deal works because the Mariners will kick ass!!!!! :eek:verhead:

Hi Phantom, ok good start. (Except inferring I dream about your circles :rolleyes: )
Please now feel free to wax lyrical on the lack of virtues of Joel :vomit: Griffiths.
:tophat:

dibo

no one believes me :'( i guess i will just have to take my information else where.
You don't have any information. You've got endless variations of "the Russians are wandering around the COE" etc. I'd be just as happy to do without that, and would much rather see some names, photos and quotes.

Come back to me when there's something to talk about.

midfielder

Tall blondes all over me... playing the number six role in the Socceroos.... surfing the biggest wave...

So you hang around hookers, kids on football parks and have a boggie board...

The real test and not doubting you given you hang around with hookers & kids is get us a date for either yes or no.... and some plausible reason no deal is done after over twelve months of talking...

Atomic

Perhaps Atomic, but it's very one-dimensional. I was tired of these repeated comments long ago.

If Phantom knows so much about how the Russians are coming soon, how come they're not here yet? How many times do we have to hear it won't be long until we're all drinking vodka? In my book, it's been a long time already, therefore, Phantom's previous comments were rubbish.

It's not my fault that Phantom is eroding his/her own credibility by repeatedly jumping the gun.

I agree 100% with your feelings on this topic, and believe me, I resisted posting anything. I know a little bit, but I'm not in a position to confirm anything 1) because I only know a little bit, and 2) because I dont really want to put anyone in a compromising position.

The reason I did finally come to Phantom's defence was that I could see a pattern emerging where he was being bullied by other forum members. I've seen it in the past where people just give up and dont post anymore. This forum needs all the members it can get.

OK, OK... Phantom is his own worst enemy, but whilst he is giving us all the shits, I get the feeling he is actually "in the know" on this issue. Like me, he doesn't want to compromise his source by being too specific about things. However, I think it's better for us forumites for him to post than it is for him to be silent. What would you rather... complete silence or the flickering glimmer of hope that there might actually be some cashed up parties interested in buying the club (whether you want them to or not)?

As for my credibility on this issue... well, I'm happy to meet face to face at our next home game with someone with credibility on this forum and tell them what little information I know on this topic.

adz

Staff member
Midfielder, you crack me up....

Maybe this was the wrong choice of emoticon to use if not making a "joke"?

The word on the street is an annoucement will made regarding the russians taking over the club :tv:

To echo what others have said, we've been hearing "the Russians are coming" for 12 months now, and it's at the point where we need to hear something either way from the club or nothing at all.

The last official news we heard was there was an agreement with Russian investors but they had requested a number of extensions for whatever reasons, and if that didn't work out, there are other potential investors waiting in the wings to come on board. I'm sure it's not as simple making a multi-million dollar deal like this as some people think, so I'm going to remain optimistic until I hear otherwise from PT/CCMFC.

I don't expect an announcement every time something like an extension is requested, or an announcement to say the situation hasn't changed, but hopefully we will hear something soon.

dibo

I agree 100% with your feelings on this topic, and believe me, I resisted posting anything. I know a little bit, but I'm not in a position to confirm anything 1) because I only know a little bit, and 2) because I dont really want to put anyone in a compromising position.

The reason I did finally come to Phantom's defence was that I could see a pattern emerging where he was being bullied by other forum members. I've seen it in the past where people just give up and dont post anymore. This forum needs all the members it can get.

OK, OK... Phantom is his own worst enemy, but whilst he is giving us all the shits, I get the feeling he is actually "in the know" on this issue. Like me, he doesn't want to compromise his source by being too specific about things. However, I think it's better for us forumites for him to post than it is for him to be silent. What would you rather... complete silence or the flickering glimmer of hope that there might actually be some cashed up parties interested in buying the club (whether you want them to or not)?

As for my credibility on this issue... well, I'm happy to meet face to face at our next home game with someone with credibility on this forum and tell them what little information I know on this topic.
You I'll believe. You have cred - you've been here a while, you post sensibly on a range of issues, you're not a single-issue account and I've no doubt that if I wanted to meet you in the pub for a chinwag I could.

Phantom on the other hand, I don't believe. There's a credibility gap, and that's not my problem, that's Phantom's, though I appreciate your point about wanting to keep members here. Challenging someone's credibility isn't the same (IMO) as bullying them off the site. It's a challenge to show that they're more serious, credible and readable than Nikko's endless bloody Nik Mrdja rubbish (does he still do that?).

On the question of whether I'd like drip-fed information or nothing - if it's drip-fed from a single purpose account and *never* has anything of substance to it, then I'd rather not. I'll take nothing over nonsense.

If, on the other hand, Phantom demonstrated that he/she/it was interested in a range of things and had more to the persona than the occasional bit of the same old tired schtick as last time, then I'd probably take it and him/her/it more seriously.

Forum Phoenix

From memory Nikko's last post was about a week ago.

And yes, it was about Mrdja.

If only Nick had been half as committed to his physio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred