• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Fury over Iraq dirty tactics

northernspirit

Im sure some of you have read the fox sports story re: iraq denying our boys access to the stadium for training and the match balls but this issue i find is quite disgusting and has to be publically stated everywhere possible.

one of my mates flew all the way from cairns to the middle east to cheer on his beloved socceroos and this is the post he put on my forum (kickoff.com.au).

it stinks of bad sportsmanship bordering on corruption and fifa must be made to act on it, it is unacceptable and has really p!ssed me off to be honest

from chris from cairns:

Hi Guys, this is an emotive post about our experience in Dubai today... it will be long and descriptive, but needs to be publically stated. We are strategizing as we speak (at 1230am) about our options before the game.

We (me, Ant, Pablo and Brendon 'WazzaLeeds [GGA]) decided to go out to Al Rashid stadium at 5pm today to do a reconnancence of the ground, talk to stadium officials etc about possibilities of getting tickets. Unbeknowns to us the Australian team was having a closed training session there at 5.30, so we were fortunate enough to be allowed to stay there during this training sesh whilst all others were evicted (which in itself was a great experience). We spoke to several Aus officials and Aus and UAE media about our dilema of getting tickets for this game. The low down was that the Iraq FA were being recalcitrant about all things in realtion to this fixture.

Anyway, the Aust team manager spoke to the officials of the Al Ahli Club (the team which runs the Al Rashid stadium) and after an hour or so these officials said thay had arranged tickets for us, and an Iraqi official will have them here in half an hour. Of course we were ecstatic and the SBS crew outside decided to interview us about what this 'pilgramage' meant to us.

So far, so good!

The Iraqi official who was selling tickets to iraqi fans said the Australian tickets were about to arrive. He was sellling tickets to the Iraqi's for 20 dirham ($7 ish) and 50 dirham ($18ish). Finally when the Australian tickets arrived he said, "$100 US"... they were official away supporter's tickets with $100 (360 dirham) printed on the ticket!

After much (and kudos to Pablo for his patience and negotiation) to-ing and fro-ing, it was established that the Iraqi official was not going to budge from this' official' rate. Many UAE Arab persons were there and to their credit, some tried to buy the tickets for us at Iraqi rates, but the Iraqi official got wind of this and would not allow it.

Pablo tracked down the SBS crew again and did another interview about the unfairness of this situation, and also was interviewed by the local UAE press. The Al Alhi club stadium officials also tried to intervene with now success, and were terribly apologetic and sympathetic to us. We finally got a hold of one of the heads of the Iraqi FA and he first promised us 50 free tickets, but reneged after we asked for them. He then went on to say that Australian IRaqi's had to pay $45 in Brisbane which we informed him was the price everyone paid, and his final comment was, "You are from Australia so you are rich". Another Iraqi official told us that they were pricing the tickets for Australia so high, so the stadium can be full of Iraq supporters only.

We spent lmost 5 hours at the stadium today, and made a pact we would not be a party to this extortion. We have plan B, C, D and E tomorrow (E being paying the $100 US) but we plan to email media tonight

Mariner Girl

Oh my God... That is absolute crap what they are doing to our supporters over there.  I was in Dubai in April and I know there is a class system with just about everything. There is definitely one rule for local Emiraties and another for expats. I know this problem is with the Iraqis and not the locals, but the Emiraties will be helping Iraq, don't you worry about that.

Trust me, there are thousands of Aussie expats working in Dubai and I bet they are mightly pissed off. I was telling all the Aussies who work with Emirates to go to the match  - I was staying with my friends in the Silicon Oasis Villas, where the pilots and their families live.

We would never treat visiting teams and their supporters like this  :redcard:
:redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

thomas477

come on, the last time i was warned by one of your mods was before the semi.

obviously if i was trolling - dibo, marinermick etc would ban me

marinermick

thomas477 said:
come on, the last time i was warned by one of your mods was before the semi.

obviously if i was trolling - dibo, marinermick etc would ban me

you are no more annoying than kareem

marinermick

midfielder said:
It will feel good to beat em if they go on like this

that's the gratitude you get for invading their country and sending their nation into turmoil and political instability

Arabmariner

You expect all the crap the team gets.That happens all over the world and always has done but that sort of shit shouldn,t be happening to supporters especially since they are dealing with "officials" and not some ticket tout.

You know,we,re too nice here.We should give some of these teams some crap like this when they come here.

S

soccersensei

Mmmmm, think I prefer the ol two wrongs don't make a right in this instance.
Last thing I'd like to see is us acting like the Chinese or the Iraqi's.
I say let's just continue to win it on the field and make sure no matter what, that we like what we see in the mirror ;D

FFC Mariner

Right, we need to teach these people a lesson.

Lets declare an illegal war, ravage their country, ferment terrorism and torture their people.

D'oh

Mind you its nice to see that even the Iraqi's hate the GGA

serious14

If we did that here it would be classed as 'racist'......

*sigh*  I'm so sick of us rolling out the red carpet for visiting teams when it comes to competitive games.  We need to start making this a hostile place to visit.  Stick them at the Ashwood Motor Inn in West Gosford with a marching band practicing out front all night with Fish and Bear ripping flares and throwing them at their window all night.  Oh, and don't let any of their supporters buy tickets for the game at anything less than $1000.

But of course, we're a friendly football country.  Blah blah blah.

:redcard:

Mariner Girl

I totally agree. We are way too nice, but you know what our problem in this country is - we are so caught up in our image and what others think of us. It is political correctness gone mad.

The media would have a bloody field day if we were anything less than regal to our guests. "Don't upset them, we won't look good on the world stage" - FFS!!! :soapbox:

FFC Mariner

1) Their country is in tatters and we helped - no wonder they wouldnt do us any favours

2) Football is their No1 sport

3) They have f**k all else to look forward to so it assumes an importance we cant even comprehend

Whilst dirty underhanded tactics cant be condoned, they can be understood.

Blackadder

If only FIFA stuck by there guns and suspended them.

Fox Sports report on the ticketing scam

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23830632-5014539,00.html

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred