• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Football Manager Story

Spacks

Thought I'd try something new out, so here's my journey on FM2017 as the manager of the Central Coast Mariners so far.

Transfer History

So I decided to stick with a lot of familiar faces but needed to bring in a new goalkeeper, a center back or two to partner with Ascroft, a couple of midfielders and some attacking players.

A lot of you will be familiar with Alastair Bray and I brought him back. Purely because he becomes a beast as he develops. His contract was surprisingly cheap, $1,500 a week but with a release clause of $300,000.

I managed to pick up Michael Thwaite to lead the backline, on a contract of $2,100 a week. His leadership and mental strength really helped Ascoft develop as a player.

I decided with Antony Golec purely because he was the only one that stood out to me and wasn't contracted and he was pretty cheap at $1,500 a week. His jumping reach is insane too, which I felt we could use to improve our defensive structure.

I also picked up Alistar Quinn, purely as a utility sub as he can play left or right fullback.

Now, a lot of you will be pretty surprised I decided to plunder the NPL for midfielders, but I did it anyway. I managed to pick up Iqbal Jawadi from Oakleigh Cannons on a free transfer, a weekly wage of $1,500 and an Afghanistan international with 9 caps. An incredibly solid ball winning midfielder.

My second midfielder signing was Blake Ricciuto, my deep lying player from Rockdale City who signed on a free transfer for a measly $1,100. This was a really inspired signing as you'll find out later.

The third midfielder was Marcus Schroen from South Melbourne on a free for $1,500 a week. A fantastic attacking playmaker, with a lot of potential. Underrated player in my opinion.

Now my attacking wingers, with Fabio gone I managed to get Everton to cough up a decent player in Dominic Calvert-Lewin. He can play Left, Center or Right, and proficiently. In short, dude's an absolute monster.

Signed Mitchell Malia as cover for Pain and Chris Lucas as cover for The Dom. Nothing too special here.

Now for my key signing in Cristiano Lopes, signed him for $0 and paying him $4,800 a week. Worth every cent.

As for a lot of the players that were in the squad when I took over, a lot of them got cut unfortunately.

The following players were cut:

Kwabena Appiah
Jacob Poscolerio
Scott Galloway
Jake Adelson
Blake Powell

and a few random youth players that I thought weren't going to improve the first team in the future.

https://goo.gl/paItLE

Let me know what I can do to improve :D

Insertnamehere

As an avid FM fan I agree with most of your moves.
I've found I often just flick Roy. He never does much in the formation I like as with Powell. Iqbal is perfect as monty replacement. Though I give monty an extra yr to real life.
That Calvert boy from Everton spanks goals and Pennington is a gun CB. Jonjoe someone is handy across back 4.
There is an oddity where by victory often have to release a heap of players in January so have been found to take ansell.
Can usually win the league in first season easily.
Usually get bored after a couple seasons because of the lack of reality.

JoyfulPenguin

As an avid FM fan I agree with most of your moves.
I've found I often just flick Roy. He never does much in the formation I like as with Powell. Iqbal is perfect as monty replacement. Though I give monty an extra yr to real life.
That Calvert boy from Everton spanks goals and Pennington is a gun CB. Jonjoe someone is handy across back 4.
There is an oddity where by victory often have to release a heap of players in January so have been found to take ansell.
Can usually win the league in first season easily.
Usually get bored after a couple seasons because of the lack of reality.
I've never played FM though always do long career modes on FIFA. Is it worth getting if you really only play for the A-League?

Insertnamehere

I've never played FM though always do long career modes on FIFA. Is it worth getting if you really only play for the A-League?
FM is purely a nerd game of number crunching. There is nothing popcorn arcade about it, which Fifa provides in spades. If you wanna be the boss not a player try the demo.
You can usually get fm for sub $30 too

JoyfulPenguin

FM is purely a nerd game of number crunching. There is nothing popcorn arcade about it, which Fifa provides in spades. If you wanna be the boss not a player try the demo.
You can usually get fm for sub $30 too
I love trying to min max in FIFA though the part that has always scared me off about FM is having no tactical knowledge what so ever due to a Aussie rules background. Will give it a go if I can grab it cheap though.

Insertnamehere

I love trying to min max in FIFA though the part that has always scared me off about FM is having no tactical knowledge what so ever due to a Aussie rules background. Will give it a go if I can grab it cheap though.
You'll find that fm has heaps of websites to help newbies. It's one of biggest and longest running sports series.

VicMariner

I have played a lot of Pro Evolution over the years and have always wanted to try a manager game. I'm interested in FM but I imagine it has a steep learning curve.
I'm a bit worried to spend the coin on a game I might not play for long. :(

Insertnamehere

I have played a lot of Pro Evolution over the years and have always wanted to try a manager game. I'm interested in FM but I imagine it has a steep learning curve.
I'm a bit worried to spend the coin on a game I might not play for long. :(
Try demo. Get a taste for spreadsheets and illogical player conversations. Oh and disappearing hours to just make that one extra change.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami