• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Food for thought - Reserved seating in Marinators bays

dibo

Food for thought if nothing else: we've talked about reserved seating a number of times on this forum and the old one and I doubt we'll have anything on for this year, but through my browsing around I found that the SFC website has a really neat system for reserving the seats in the Cove - you can check it out here. You hop on the site and select your bay and seat from these really neat menus. It's like a worked example of what we could maybe try in the future:

Select your category
categoryselectionnj1.jpg

Select adult or concession
adultconcessionselectioae2.jpg

Select your bay and your seat. Here Im looking at bay 27, and it shows available seats, taken seats and those that are restricted view. Bay 27 at the SFS is a funny shape, so it also shows the seats that aren't available because they don't exist...
individualseatselectionio8.jpg

...then confirm your payment
confirmationof3.jpg

Obviously I didn't buy a ticket, but I did have a look and am a little jealous of the setup - it's a smart way of doing things and I think it's the sort of thing that could work for us - we'd be able to organise to get our core crew of people tight and up the back with a degree of regularity and organisation that's not really there at present. Itd also be easier to organise whole of bay tifos and stuff if we were able (through the club) to organise things on the basis of people we *know* will be in a particular spot.

Itd be interesting to know if we'd be able to sort a similar thing with our ground and if the club's considered it in any great detail. The self-selection side of things is the thing I find most attractive about it (you and your mates can organise to be in a particular place in the bay), though it comes with a disclaimer -

"To avoid single seats and to optimise seating availability for members, Sydney FC reserves the right to amend members pre-selected seating."

That said, it also has an "Associate with another member" option on the confirmation page, presumably so that if they do any re-arranging it's still keeping the same peeps roughly together.

What do other folks think?

Bear

I think when the exec meets with our club on the coming months they should take photos and examples of this with them. Its the only *real* way we can move forward and organise our bay better

Great work dibo

skilbeck

i agree with this but if we do this, bay 17 should be made an unreserved marinators bay in order to account for the expansion and a place for prospective marinators to be

Pokes

*nod*

Loving it.

What about the people who have memberships? Does this mean they get that one seat all year round? Or is there a way to make it just BAY specific, not seat?

FFC Mariner

100% in favour of reserved spots in 15,16 & 17 (will help to keep scum fans out too).

Even if there is a premium to pay for the right, I'm in

Alicia

Don't forget there is no one in that area checking tickets, so the subject of extra staff at the stadium will be brought up.  People will still wonder into bays 15, 16 and 17 even if they haven't bought a ticket there.

P

Pete

Alicia said:
Don't forget there is no one in that area checking tickets, so the subject of extra staff at the stadium will be brought up.  People will still wonder into bays 15, 16 and 17 even if they haven't bought a ticket there.
Good point.

adz

Staff member
Alicia link=topic=1387.msg30572#msg30572 date=1208238841 said:
Don't forget there is no one in that area checking tickets, so the subject of extra staff at the stadium will be brought up. People will still wonder into bays 15, 16 and 17 even if they haven't bought a ticket there.

If you have a ticket with a seat number on it and someone is in your seat you can just kick them out...

dibo

adz said:
Alicia said:

If you have a ticket with a seat number on it and someone is in your seat you can just kick them out...

and it's not like we don't have half a dozen security guards hanging around us anyway...

adz

Staff member
I'm just in shock that Sydney FC came up with that ticketing system... what a great idea ;D

FFC Mariner

We can run special training for when someone else is in your seat.

Ready??

"Oy you - f**k off out of my seat"

Repeat

crooksey

Greenpoleffc said:
We can run special training for when someone else is in your seat.

Ready??

"Oy you - f**k off out of my seat"

Repeat

lol i can see that working well

im all for this system...stop the ridiculour congestion at some games where you just cram in and have doible the number you should for the bay...would also lead to better balance and hopefully keep things organised

brett

The biggest (only?) negative with this is that once locked in, you can't bring random mates to stand next to you in the bay.

We're three years on now though, and most people who have mates who would have become regulars would have been brought along by now.

Your mates can stand to the side and you can get seats with them next season.

The pros far outweigh the cons - having the same people in the same spot each week will help the coordination no end.

Logistically for the club/ticketek is another matter, and they've gone to extra efforts for us in the past. A note to PT saying that FC is doing something better than CCM should take care of that ;)

skilbeck

brett said:
The biggest (only?) negative with this is that once locked in, you can't bring random mates to stand next to you in the bay.

We're three years on now though, and most people who have mates who would have become regulars would have been brought along by now.

Your mates can stand to the side and you can get seats with them next season.

The pros far outweigh the cons - having the same people in the same spot each week will help the coordination no end.

Logistically for the club/ticketek is another matter, and they've gone to extra efforts for us in the past. A note to PT saying that FC is doing something better than CCM should take care of that ;)

as i said a reserved marinators bay and a free-for-all marinators bay would solve that problem. i dont believe seats should be reserved just a membership to the bay also, the remaining numbers (if there are any) that dont get bought as membership will go on sale on a weekly basis

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred