• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Finally!

brett

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/index.php?pid=st&cid=102422

Mariners declare title intent - EXCLUSIVE - Philip Micallef

Leaders Central Coast Mariners have chosen the week before their grudge match with Sydney FC to do away with "political correctness" and declared themselves the logical team to win the A-League.

The Mariners go in to the rescheduled match with their NSW rivals on Saturday night with a three-point advantage over nearest rivals Queensland Roar.

Victory at Bluetongue Stadium, over the team that beat them 1-0 in the first grand final in 2006, would strike a psychological blow to all the other contenders, usually reticent coach Lawre McKinna said after training at The Entrance.

"The championship is there to be won," he declared.

"If we were to lose it from here, yes, it would be a very big disappointment for all of us."

"We've done enough so far to believe we can go on and win the premiership."

Former Sydney hero Sasho Petrovski said his partnership with fellow striker John Aloisi was blossoming and that meant bad news for Sydney on Saturday.

"The arrival of John has eased the pressure on me to score and we have started to gel and hit our straps," Petrovski said.

"It's not just Sydney (who should be worried) but everybody else."

"It's all about mentality now. Lawrie has got us believing in our ability. So we would be hugely disappointed if we did not get on with the job from here."

dibo

f**king well get up 'em!

:pirate:  :pirashoot: :pirate: :pirashoot: :pirate: :pirashoot: :pirate:

those emoticons are f**king cool!

fish

As Ricky Hatton said, with minor changes to adapt to us

"Who have you come here to see"
"Mariners"
"Lets f**kin have it"

CCM-JAM80

I think it goes without saying after the season we have had - if we cannot deliver our first title this season, it will be a massive disappointment.

With that said, IF we cannot bring it home, I still take a lot out of this season with the AFC Championship birth (assuming we sew up the Minor Premiership) which is something that brings on and off field success.

Our membership base has increased this season and we as a club due to our success continue to make inroads with the community.

The administration team behind our club continues to show the way for the other A-League club as well. Add to that the continued success of our Academy program this season, we can take A LOT from this season already. If we get our deserved title, BONUS.

djebella

CCM-JAM80 said:
I think it goes without saying after the season we have had - if we cannot deliver our first title this season, it will be a massive disappointment.

With that said, IF we cannot bring it home, I still take a lot out of this season with the AFC Championship birth (assuming we sew up the Minor Premiership) which is something that brings on and off field success.

Not picking on you CCM-JAM80, but I seriously think that much like we've built the momentum to stop calling the game soccer and start calling it football.  We need to stop calling winning the league the minor premiership and start just calling it The Premiership.  There is nothing minor about it, if you win The Premiership you get the premiership plate and earn a spot in the Asian Champions League.  It bugged me no end when they were calling it minor on Total Sydney tonight.

fish

:vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

Although taking what he says with  agrain of salt it sounds like they may wel be ready to go next season.
Looking at the players off contract they could assemble a handy squad to get them started.
Guys like Downey, Pantellis would earn nice money.Then they might buy Zdrillic and that would be that :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

serious14

"I do not want to be using the criticism too much, and I am not to be hesitating to naming names, but I know the reasons why Melbourne is not playing too well this season and they have names, with those names being Daniel Allsopp, and Muscat, and the absence of the Fred as well as young Leijer.  Now I don't want to carry on as to why the Melbourne are so bad......"

"I have the much respect for Aurelio Vidmar as person, but the secret to being the good coach is you cannot go and be buying the experience at the supermarket, and this is why Adelaide are to be struggling".

Without a doubt, the funniest and looniest of all the A-League pundits.  Does anyone remember that game he commentated last season??    I was in stitches by the 20 minute mark, the bastard is just so damn honest, but it's the fractured Dutch/English which makes it that much more hilarious.

Miron FTW!!!!    :headbounce:

rosko

Regardless of what happens in the finals, this season needs to be recognised for the 'premiership' if we do get over the line first... Anyone can win 1 game... Look at last season, Melbourne were on fire in the Final, no one would have touched them... The entry to Asia and the plate is the reward for the real season... The Final is the reward for the FFA to generate more money.. So YES... No more Minor Premiership... It is the Premiership and rewards THE BEST HAL team for the season...  :pirashoot:

kevrenor

serious14 said:
........ I was in stitches by the 20 minute mark, the bastard is just so damn honest, but it's the fractured Dutch/English which makes it that much more hilarious.
I agree, but he is actually Israeli

CCM-JAM80

djebella said:
CCM-JAM80 said:

Not picking on you CCM-JAM80, but I seriously think that much like we've built the momentum to stop calling the game soccer and start calling it football.  We need to stop calling winning the league the minor premiership and start just calling it The Premiership.  There is nothing minor about it, if you win The Premiership you get the premiership plate and earn a spot in the Asian Champions League.  It bugged me no end when they were calling it minor on Total Sydney tonight.

I can live with the above given I agree 100%.

I was just being "FFA politically correct" some might say ;-)

serious14

Oh
kevrenor said:
serious14 said:
........ I was in stitches by the 20 minute mark, the bastard is just so damn honest, but it's the fractured Dutch/English which makes it that much more hilarious.
I agree, but he is actually Israeli

Oh yeah, I was aware of that Kev, I was just saying that his crazy English speak does come off a bit Dutch sounding wouldn't you say??    He does look a bit Dutch too....... and his involvement with Brisbane Hollandia, sorry, QLD Roar - it's all so suspicious!!!!!    :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred