• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010

Jorome Alexander Bennett

I am eagerly anticipating the upcoming WC. For Germany I was, of course, focused on the fortunes of Australia. Looking forward I am excited not only about the prospects of our team, but also the oppurtunity to see the true talents of the world that I don't get to see nearly often enough. Franck Ribery of France, Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite (Kaka) of Brazil, Lionel Messi of Argentina, Pavel Nedved of Czech Republic, Zlatan Ibrahimovich of Sweden, Nakamura Shunsuke of Japan and it is undoubtetly a great chance to see our homegrown heroes like Iain Fyfe of Australia.

In 2006, although I watched every game, my focus was narrowed on Australia alone. In 2010, I will delight in the grand, wide-scoped spectacle that hopefully takes place on the world game's biggest stage, association football's answer to Twenty20, the analogue of State of Origin, soccer's NAB Cup, the FIFA World Cup.

Bear

good thread

i am looking forward to the likes of Yorke of T&T and Junior Agogo of Ghanaian.

Wish I was going :(

dibo

soundsdifferent said:
because its in germany does that mean the night games there will be the mourning for us??

I don't think we're mourning anything except perhaps the fact that the World Cup won't be in gorgeous Germany, having instead been awarded to South Africa as one can see in the thread title.

They're 8 hours behind us, so 3pm matches there will kick off at 11pm here, 8pm matches will kick off at 4am here.

loyalist

FFC Mariner said:
forzamariners said:
will not be going as i am scared of getting robbed or murdered by the local negroes

As opposed to visiting ones?
Are you implying that negroes are too poor to travel so there would only be local ones at the wc?

If so kutgw

bulldogmariner

Tickets: The countdown begins

Every four years, the world's top 32 teams come together to contest the FIFA World Cup finals. The tournament's big kick-off on 11 June 2010 in Johannesburg, South Africa is still quite a few months away, but for fans of the world's biggest single sporting event there is another important date on the horizon: the start of the first ticket sales phase on 20 February 2009.

Anyone who wants to attend the first-ever final phase on African soil would do well to put this date in their diaries. The first of a total of five sales phases will run from 20 February to 31 March 2009, with tickets being allocated by a random selection draw for over-subscribed matches and ticket categories. All orders will be entered into a random selection draw on 15 April 2009 at the same time regardless of whether they were submitted on the first or the last day of the first sales phase. Should demand exceed availability for a certain category or match then available tickets will be awarded by ballot (i.e. through an electronic random selection draw).

There are two ways for fans to order tickets: firstly, you can log on to FIFA.com, the official website of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa where fans can sign up for the FIFA.com Club for free. Those living in South Africa can also order tickets via the "FNB Visa Official Mascot Pre-paid card" available at First National Bank (FNB), by filling in an official application form and handing it in at one of the participating FNB branches around the country. The "FNB Visa Official Mascot Pre-paid card" will be the unique Ticket payment card for the fans who are successfully awarded tickets through the official paper application forms handed in at FNB branches in South Africa.

As well as individual tickets for the 64 matches, team-specific ticket series are also available for the country of your choice. These are valid for anything from three to seven games.

Tickets are available in three categories with category 4 reserved exclusively for South African residents. The least expensive ticket in category 3 costs $80 USD.

There will be four further sales periods for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa, with the second running from 4 May to 16 November 2009. During this period, tickets will be attributed based on the order in which the application is received and, of course, subject to availability.

All information on ticket sales is available on FIFA.com. Sign up for the FIFA.com Club for free and take part in competitions, meet new online friends, set up your own personalised version of FIFA.com and get all the latest news from around the world of football in a weekly newsletter.

loyalist

Disgusting that there are tickets reserved my for south Africans. Do not understand how fifa can allow this racism

bulldogmariner

FFC Mariner said:
Been saving for this and cant wait - thanks Bulldog
From memory of the last world cup at this time you can buy team passes to hopefully see your team play. They are a bit more expensive but ensure that you will recieve a ticket. I cant wait either we are almost there already.

Omni

Hopefully they get everything done without anymore people being killed over it. Good article on US website bigsoccer a while back, about the progress, etc.

bulldogmariner

Fanatics have sent emails out about registering interest for anyone who wants to go to the FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa with them. Check out there website if interested.

I for one wont use the as they are a bunch of #@%$()*! But i thought i would help others out who are keen on going.

Sean

bulldogmariner said:
FFC Mariner said:
Been saving for this and cant wait - thanks Bulldog
From memory of the last world cup at this time you can buy team passes to hopefully see your team play. They are a bit more expensive but ensure that you will recieve a ticket. I cant wait either we are almost there already.

Will be getting a team pass

Sean

oh yeah awesome news, the world cup starts on the first week of my semester break PARTAY!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred