• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA's A-League Grand Final Ads

greenpoint

Earlier this week, somebody on the forum mentioned the FFA's A-League Grand Final ads in Sydney's newspapers. There have been advertisements for the GF in every paper every day. But do you think even one of them mentions the names of the two clubs in the Grand Final? Not on your life.

This is an email I sent to Ben Buckley on Wednesday. I am not expecting a reply, just as I haven't received replies to my messages about television and radio coverage of the A-League and the Socceroos. For what it's worth:

Dear Mr Buckley,

I am intrigued with the advertisements in today's Sydney newspapers for the Hyundai A-League Grand Final.

The ads contain the sponsors' names and logos. They even name the band chosen to provide the pre-match entertainment.

Now, to the match itself. Which two teams are playing in the Hyundai A-League Grand Final? There is absolutely no indication in these advertisements that the two top-placed teams, Central Coast Mariners and Newcastle United Jets, have made it into the A-League Grand Final.

Was this an oversight? Perhaps an attempt to overlook the tribalism with which our sport is so inherently linked? Or a bloody-minded ploy to attract Sydney people to a match that features no Sydney teams?

I, for one, feel quite insulted that the grand finalists' names are not deemed  worthy of featuring in your ads. The Mariners and the Jets have built up such loyal and passionate support in such a short time. The future of football in Australia has never looked better. Central Coast and Newcastle families - mine included - are going into debt to afford tickets to what will no doubt be an absolute cracker of a grand final. And the clubs are not even accorded the right to appear in your advertisements.

Please, treat the A-League's clubs and fans with a little more respect, and assume the general public has a modicum of intelligence.

SNOWMARINER

Yeah, I thought that was a bit of a w**k too. They must consider Sydney folk that stupid they might actually think that Sydney is playing. Have to agree it's a bit of an insult though.

Who the f**k is that band anyway?

kepo

SNOWMARINER said:
Yeah, I thought that was a bit of a w**k too. They must consider Sydney folk that stupid they might actually think that Sydney is playing. Have to agree it's a bit of an insult though.

sure is an insult, but as long as the real fans are there that all that matters.
FFA should enknowledge the teams in the grand final..
and that band is The Potbelleez - Australian house band..
quite good.. On ministry of sound annual 08

greenpoint

SNOWMARINER said:

The Potbelleez? No, I had never heard of them either. Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Potbelleez) says they play house music and that their songs get used on TV shows like Big Brother Up Late and Australia's Next Top Model. I went to their MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/thepotbelleez), and I have to say that the first song sounds familiar. Even though I don't listen to commercial radio.

Hmmmm ... maybe we'll have to drown them out with some choice selections from the Marinators' songbook.

Omni

Just like with that Hip Hop Group in season one, although I think we were all just chanting abuse at them!

Any word on who's doing the anthem?

rhys100

you never heard of the potbelleez? jeez guys come on. they will be some sweet live entertainment before the game. I do believe they played at key largo about 1-2 months ago and it went off. Top song! "Don't hold back"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred