• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

F*cking Scum At It Again!

Andy

RSL slams Australia Day hijack

WHITE supremacists are plotting to use Cronulla riot-style tactics to hijack Australia Day celebrations across Sydney - including a plan to push their racist views at the sacred Anzac Cenotaph at Hyde Park.

The attempt to co-opt the war memorial to create the impression "Hitler is coming to Sydney" has disgusted veterans, with the RSL calling it an appalling slur on the memory of our Diggers.

Other rallies will be held near the scene of the Cronulla riot and in Camden to protest the construction of an Islamic school.

The far-Right groups even promote an online handbook on how to combat police and avoid detection and infiltration when holding such meetings.

In an embarrassing display of incompetence, much of the material uncovered by The Daily Telegraph includes warnings about the need to keep such material secret from the media and this newspaper in particular.

Join our special blog: Have your say on Muslim protests and Sydney racism.

The racist material, which condemns migrants for not being able to speak English, is riddled with spelling mistakes and poor grammar.

Much of the activity has been co-ordinated through the neo-Nazi website Stormfront, whose Australian arm is moderated by 18-year-old Newcastle resident Rhys McLean.

Mr McLean said he was aware of the plans but said it was a matter for the individual organisers, not the website.

The main organiser is a semi-literate man from southwest Sydney who posts under the name "Aussie Nationalist".

After taking a poll of preferred locations, including Cronulla, the Central Coast and Bondi - because of its large Jewish population - the group appeared to settle on one of Sydney's most sacred sites.

"The location is Hyde Park, preferably near the Cenotaph which is a place of eternal honour and the epitomy (sic) of the Australian Spirit," Aussie Nationalist wrote.

RSL president Bill Crews said the plan was disgusting.

"We'd be appalled by any attempt to use any memorial or the Anzac memorial in Hyde Park to support any prejudiced political group," he said.

Another organiser promotes using tactics similar to the 2005 Cronulla riot, when en masse text messages were used to swamp the beach with violent thugs intent on bashing anyone of ethnic appearance.

"Organise flyer drops two weeks before the rally in Sydney and its surrounds, and start a Cronulla style SMS campaign five days before the rally," the poster identified as "Awake at last" wrote.

"Hopefully by the time the rally starts the media will have everyone thinking Adolf Hitler is coming to Sydney."

The threads also encourage users to consult a manual entitled How to Combat the Political Police.

An electronic newsletter distributed by the far-right Australia First Party employs the tactics, promising a rally near Cronulla and in Camden but refusing to disclose the exact location until the morning of January 26.

One meeting will be held in "a club in the Sutherland Shire" and be addressed by convicted race-hate criminal Jim Saleam.

:redcard: :naughty:

Bex

The less air time we give that, the better.

Its an emotive subject that I wish would stay right out of football circles. We've already got 90 minutes, 90 emotions and thats plenty. The last thing we need is any of these sorts of issues becoming a factor at any football game.

C

curious

I presume andy was posting it as an example of the hypocracy of the jest mob who are  claiming the CC is full of racists in an attempt to gain a bite, when in fact Newcastle & the Uni in particular is a hot bed for white supremacists.  :vomit:

One has to wonder if the 18yr old nazi website moderator might be a squadrunt.  :naughty:

dibo

i seriously doubt he is a squadrunt - most of them seem to be left of centre, though not exactly refined... the racism thing sprung from one jets troll on here and then lo and behold some of their folks 'discovered' it and ran with it.

i've no doubt that there are people who have racist views in our crowd and in theirs - there always are a few morons in any large group, but i don't think either we or they have any sort of serious problem with it. there are hardly a spate of racist attacks around either of our games nor are there irriducibili-style banners or chants. and if there were, i probably wouldn't come to games any more and nor would many many other people.

Andy

curious said:
I presume andy was posting it as an example of the hypocracy of the jest mob who are  claiming the CC is full of racists in an attempt to gain a bite, when in fact Newcastle & the Uni in particular is a hot bed for white supremacists.  :vomit:

One has to wonder if the 18yr old nazi website moderator might be a squadrunt.  :naughty:

:thumbup:

P

Pete

Andy said:
The racist material, which condemns migrants for not being able to speak English, is riddled with spelling mistakes and poor grammar.

Much of the activity has been co-ordinated through the neo-Nazi website Stormfront, whose Australian arm is moderated by 18-year-old Newcastle resident Rhys McLean.

Mr McLean said he was aware of the plans but said it was a matter for the individual organisers, not the website.

There is/was a squadrunt who came onto the old forum with a username of "rhystar" but I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if he turned out to be the moderator of that forum mentioned above.

P

Pete

dibo said:
i've no doubt that there are people who have racist views in our crowd and in theirs - there always are a few morons in any large group, but i don't think either we or they have any sort of serious problem with it. there are hardly a spate of racist attacks around either of our games nor are there irriducibili-style banners or chants. and if there were, i probably wouldn't come to games any more and nor would many many other people.

:soapbox:
Yes there are folks who have racist views who support the Mariners, sadly. I've witnessed it first hand and the comments made have been based on an opponent's ethnicity and the comments have drawn laughs.

Not a major issue for sure, and being your typical white Aussie-Anglo-Catholic trash, I can simply chose to ignore such comments as they weren't directed at any ethnic group I may belong to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb