• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Dylan at the Bluesfest from Byron Bay

midfielder

Just applied for my tickets to .... Bluesfest at Byron Bay

What a line up..

Bob Dylan
B.B. King
Ben Harper & Relentless 7
Elvis Costello & the Imposters
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Rodrigo y Gabriela
The Cat Empire
Blind Boys of Alabama featuring Aaron Neville
Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band
Robert Randolph & the Family Band
Fistful of Mercy
Mavis Staples
Xavier Rudd
Trinity Roots
Little Bushmen
Tony Joe White
Indigo Girls
Kate Miller-Heidke
Eric Bibb
Washington
Ash Grunwald
Ruthie Foster
C.W. Stoneking
Jeff Lang
Saltwater Band
RocKwiz Live
Bluesfest 2011

Thursday 21st April through to Monday 25th April

Link http://www.bluesfest.com.au/

midfielder

OMG they just released there second list of artists ..

Just listened to this kid sing ... mate if ever I heard a sweet voice .. I had read about him he name is Gurrumul and he comes from Arnhemland and he sings songs of his clan ... this is soft gentle and a beautiful voice.. worth the listen http://www.bluesfest.com.au/artists/detail.aspx?ArtistID=337

Heavens just read on his home page that the kid is blind ... OMG what a brave young man he is ... this is his home page ... http://www.gurrumul.com/

BTW click on the site link in the first post for the new list who includes... Jethro Tull...ZZ Top... Gurrumul .. John Legend... Pete Murry... WolFmother ...

midfielder

This is the playing schedule so far ... OMG look at Monday... and we get all this for $ 1, 240.00 including a tent site for me and the wife... but just look at each day and they still have their third artist release to go.. but Dylan, B.B. King, Elvis Costello, Jethro Tull, ZZ Top .... and the beach and diving... plus the other artists ... the head line acts will no doubt bring even more ..

Ticket sales are going tho thr roof ... and they look like selling out in many areas soon... suggest if you like this stuff book soon..

Any way to the play schedule and as I said check out Monday...

Thursday 21st April 2011
Ben Harper and Relentless7
ZZ Top
Toots and the Maytals
Los Lobos
Xavier Rudd
Funky Meters
Ruthie Foster
CW Stoneking
Booker T
Nat Col and the Kings
Ray Beadle
Friday 22nd April 2011
BB King

Toots and the Maytals
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Los Lobos
Funky Meters
Fistful of Mercy
Xavier Rudd
Trombone Shorty
Eric Bibb
Booker T
Ruthie Foster
CW Stoneking
RocKwiz Live
The Dingoes
Ray Beadle
Saturday 23rd April 2011
John Legend
Wolfmother
Robert Randolph & The Family Band
Kasey Chambers
Mavis Staples
Trombone Shorty
Joe Louis Walker
Tim Robbins & The Rogues Gallery Band
Little Bushman
BB and the Blues Shacks
Tony Joe White
Indigo Girls
RocKwiz Live
The Snowdroppers
Phil Jones & the Unknown Blues
Sunday 24th April 2011
Gurrumul
The Cat Empire
Pete Murray
Robert Randolph & The Family Band
Mavis Staples
Irma Thomas
Trinity Roots
Washington
Captain Matchbox Whoopee Band
Ash Grunwald
Jeff Lang
Saltwater Band
RocKwiz Live
Phil Jones and the Unknown Blues
The Snowdroppers
Barrence Whitfield
Monday 25th April 2011
Bob Dylan
Elvis Costello & The Imposters
Jethro Tull
Irma Thomas
Diesel
Trinity Roots
Tim Robbins & The Rogues Gallery Band
Joe Louis Walker
Catain Matchbox Whoopee Band
Tony Joe White
Saltwater Band
Kate-Miller Heidke
RocKwiz Live
The Snowdroppers
Barrence Whitfield
B.B and the Blues Shacks

midfielder

Talk on the street in Byron is the playing schedule will have a sixth day added so Dylan can play an extra day ... Council has just approved it according to the word on the street....

midfielder

ruthie foster should be great

Agree to many to try and choose the best am going to every day and trying to work out how to sneak in Jsck or whatever into the camp site ... funyy if you read the rules for camping it listed all these things you cannot bring in ... guns ,,, C4 etc but it suppose to be a dry camp ... however the forums says it is anything but dry....

midfielder

OHHHHHHHHhhhh .... the extra day .. OMG..

http://www.bluesfest.com.au/news/detail.aspx?ArticleID=65

Bob Dylan
Elvis Costello
Gurrumul
Buffy Sainte-Marie (NEW announcement);
Paul Kelly (NEW);
Tim Finn (NEW);
Tony Joe White;
Eli Paperboy Reed (NEW);
and The Mad Bastards (NEW) - with more to come!

midfielder

Just back from Bluefest at Byron ...

Before reading understand I love the Blues more than most other kinds of music … but do enjoy most stuff if it OK..

Thursday
Kim Churchill
Xavier Rudd … brilliant
Michael Franti & Spearhead … so full of energy.. couple got engaged .. hurt lady
Funky Meters .. got bored
Ben Harper… what a voice
ZZ Top … OMG can these boys play … the base did a solo for about ten minutes

Friday

Microwave Jenny … did some good stuff
Ruthie Foster …. OMG what a voice … feel like I died and went to heaven.
Eric Bibb .. what a voice and he could charm the legs off a chair…
Raul Malo … great sound sorta a South American Litano style meets rock meets the blues ..
Los Lobos… what a band and what a variety of styles..
Blind Boys of Alabama with a guest singer .. no other than Aaron Neville … the beautiful voices singing mainly gospel with a real blues soul.. just lifted me to a new place or an old place I have not often been just magic..
BB King .. what can you say the king of the blues … in his mid 80’s he still has it…
Grace Jones … crap crap crap walked out of her tent
Rodrigo & Gabriela … OMG they played wooden guitars the best I have ever seen or heard more in a classic form but Gabriela has to be heard and seen to be believed.

Saturday

Wagons… young country and western band… not bad … but not in the class of most at Bluesfest
U Blues Band … a Singapore Blues band … not bad tried hard but like Wagons not in the class of many at Bluesfest
Leah Flanagan … great voice
Mavis Staples and Robbie Roberson played as the lead guitarist and did some solos’ … close to the best I have ever seen in many ways … sung mainly that Gospel blues .. what a voice …
Kasey Chambers … she is so nice not a bad word to say…
Imogen Heap … God they are good…
Wolfmother …. What can I say other than I am now a big fan reminded me very much of the Doors..
BB & the Blues Shack… Close to the best I saw at Bluesfest … talent talent talent..
Indigo Girls… I was disappointed maybe it the other acts and they had this huge reputation but OK but not in the class of the others..
Trinity Roots … would go watch them again quite a good show..
Melbourne SKA Orchestra …. Has to be seen to be believed such energy such fun anyone that can see this act should go it is a must see.

Sunday

Nga Tae … not a bad show
Shane Nicholson… Kasey Chambers husband … a lovely voice..
Bobby Alu … OK without being great..
Saltwater band… talented
Mavus Staples … had to watch again..
Irma Thomas… the Soul Queen of the Blues … unbelievable voice what a joy to watch…
Captain Matchbox Whoope Band… no other than the band reunited from the 70’s a great act quite funny as always but very talented folk as well..
Melbourne SKA Orchestra … watched some more as I said before this is a must see act..
Gurrumul … I shed a tear watching this guy sing… a voice so soft so gentle as if the angles gave it to him…. And he finished with a song called … “””God made me Blind because he loved me””” not to many dry eyes when he finished ..
The Cat Empire … These guys have gone into my top five must see acts … what can you say but talent talent talent and double it twice…

Monday

Getting a bit weary but this time … but in true Bluesfeast spirit carried on…
Mojo Bluesman …. Sorta of a swamp blues with one guy on the harp (mouth organ) and the other on wooden guitar …
The winner of the Buskers comp… similar to the above but with drums as well…
Hussy Hicks … great country girl band from up Byron way … they were good..
Hank Green Blues … not bad
Michelle Shocked … HHMMMMMM still not sure..
Tony Joe White …. OMG what can you say … one of the best ever..
BB & the Blues Shack … just had to watch them again..
Joe Louis Walker … what a guitar player
Warren Haynes & his allstar band… talented but did not quite grab me…
Bob Dylan … what can you say the reason I went… by no means the best show… no close ups … Bob stood side on to the audience half the night playing the organ and singing… non of the songs he sung sounds in any way like his records he just did totally different arrangements to his recorded albums … but like the other 20 K plus we screamed the house down.
Elvis Costello & the Imposters … what a great show and he is so talented…

Home now washed out but some of the best five days of my life..

midfielder

The first artist announcement is being made next Thursday ... this is one of best music festivals in the world ... if you like music and have nothing planned next Easter ... you could do a lost worst than come to the Byron Blues Festival... BTW they play a lot more than Blues ..

midfielder

The first artist release today...

http://www.bluesfest.com.au/news/detail.aspx?ParentPageID=17&PageID=17&ArticleID=84

midfielder

Second artist release today.... wow Seasick Steve ... just wanta see this guy so much ... plays with a three string guitar and a beat box ..

http://www.bluesfest.com.au

midfielder

Just back from Byron ... OMG ... if you have never been and you like music .. put it on your bucket list...

Hagar the Horrible

I had a fantastic time up there. I watched some incredible singers and bands, and there were still a few that I missed who I'd have loved to have seen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred