• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Does anyone know if Danny appealed his appeal ?

susanb

Cant seem to find anywhere what is the latest on Danny. Does anyone know if he loadged another appeal with the FFA?

dannysgirl

Last I heard they were considering taking it to the Court of Arbitration, but nothing had been decided. They basically just said they would do whatever they thought would be best for Danny. If there is little chance of winning they might decide it is in Danny's best interests not to have to appeal.

SNOWMARINER

I can only come to the conclusion that it was in the best interest of the FFA to punish harshly  a potentially smaller supporter base team with the appeal that was laughable at best but just what I expected.

I hope we f**k them up and our other  keepers do the job well until Danny's return and our new squad members proving yet again that our management has what it takes to excel.

Rowdy

Should  be taken to the Court of Arbitrition IMO. Lyall had mentioned that Danny had 'been through enough' in regards to the lengthy proceedings with the FFA, BUT....

If I were Danny, I think going through the mental anguish of not playing for this large amount of time ( which also includes the ONLY opportunity to represent his country at an Olympics) would warrant whatever effort is required in lodging yet another appeal.

Even if it can be reduced yet again and not overturned (like we all want) it would be worth the 'extra effort' from both the club and Danny. If the club don't take it further I hope it is Danny's choice and not the club's.

'Nothing ventured, Nothing gained!"

priorpeter

They've got some High Profile QC, Alan Sullivan (i looked up his details at work - seems the real deal!). I think they're gonna go for it. The club has been having meetings with him, danny, and danny's agent to make a decision on whether or not its gonna take too much toll on Danny, but i reckon theyll go for it.

Rowdy

Gr8 news, when I first heard of the suspension my word's were,

"Fcuk that! get a QC, a video copy of Griffiths 'sack-wacking' and 'articulate' to the FFA, sorry Mr Buckley your organisation has set a precedent of the severity of punishment in regards to the physical abuse of officials, in that the referee's punishment is FINAL!"

"A Linesman is just as much an OFFICIAL as the Referee!", there should be no difference.  :headbutt:

SNOWMARINER

I think it is essential that the Mariners push the FFA all the way in a real court and testing the organisations secretive and therefore potentially self serving rulings that to date have been far from consistant and if not challenged to the end of all appeal processes could allow a culture of corruption and favouritism that I'm sure many consider is the reason for the secret nature of the appeal process in the first place.

I hope a Sydney player gets the s**ts with a ref next year and we all get a better understanding of the FFA's intentions but that would mean that Sheilds and Breeze would have to be on holiday.

Over the weekend a ref in a CL match made a wrong decision (only one mind you) that changed the game and he was berated by the commentators who said amongst other things that the guy should NEVER referee another important match again. But here in FFA land we award the f**kwit Referee of the Year.

Gav...

they were meeting today to decide

" The Mariners executive chairman Lyall Gorman told au.fourfourtwo.com: We will be meeting with our QC at 11am on Thursday morning. At that point we will decide what our course of action will be with regards to Danny Vukovic.

No guarantees but the Mariners clearly believe the punishment dished out to Vukovic is excessive and that every avenue is worth exhausting to revive his Olympic dream.

If todays meeting provides enough room for encouragement then the Mariners will almost certainly press ahead with the second and final appeal open to them under FFA regulations "

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred