Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by midfielder, Dec 22, 2019.

1. midfielder

midfielder Well-Known Member

One of my all time favourite groups was called the """Moody Blues"" aside from their music they had a gift in titles for their albums. One such title was """Days of Future Past "''' note the thread title this as an aside to the thread.

In our glory days of past years we identified excellent youth talent and put some hard heads around them and gave the start to arguably a third of the Socceroo squads ... and only Brisbane did similar to us and it paid huge dividends ...

Today we have Miller, Rowles, Silvera, Stensness, Ruiz-Diaz, Nisbet, and arguably DDS

Who ever is selecting the kids and who ever is training them are returning to the foundation the club was built on... LM was the key at the start today I think its AS & Monty ... hats off to both ...

• Like Like x 6
  2. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Well-Known Member

Mixing in up and coming youths with experienced old heads has always been our way forward. We have lost some good quality young players recently because we have not had the correct old heads or the correct gaffer. I think we are seeing good quality all round now.

It is really a Question of Balance.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. midfielder

Well played Sir... tis like we are on a ...Threshold of a Dream""

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ancient Mariner

I certainly hope so, because for too many years it has bee like we have been, "Lost in a Lost World".

• Like Like x 1
  5. finally retired

finally retired Well-Known Member

you are both living your wildest dreams at the moment.....I think this season is a bit like riding my see saw....

• Like Like x 1
  6. midfielder

Bravo

7. Ancient Mariner

I am just happy that our thoughts are all in harmony, and we do not need to go "In Search of the Lost Chord".

8. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

I needed some google to catch up on this. I've spent a few nights in white satin but that had been my limited exposure.

• Funny Funny x 3