• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Corner kicks

BaysideMariner

I am sure that there is a statistic out there. But I cannot remember the last time that when we got a corner kick that I was confident that we would score a goal. It seems that we just hit it into a spot and hope for the best. Do we even practise corner kicks in practise?

Tevor

Simple game plan against us is just conceded a corner because we are a minimal threat, poor kicks generally and no targets that are even a remote threat.

Wombat

f**king hell.......2 goals from 700 corners is not a result. And the Rose bear hug was just stupid defending as he wasnt going to win the ball.
Our corners are pathetic. Monty shouldnt be taking them but its only a matter of practice to put the ball where you want it. Maybe we need to practice abit more.
Craig Johnstone was a pretty basic player but due to his non stop practice he became one of the best crossers of a ball in England.

greenlig

Yeah not sure what's going on there. I think we genuinely don't have a good crosser in the club atm. I thought Fab would be better but he just floats them in. You'd imagine Galloway or Storm could curl something, but they are never around it. Seems odd, but look at us with any set pieces, no-one has a dangerous whip to their kicks.

Wombat

Monty's corners were better on Sunday but he still had almost no one looking to get on the end of anything.

style_cafe

I`d be trying a few short corners, or driving them in low & hard with our players trying to flick the ball on or get a deflection.
This hand up or two hands up bullshit has to stop.
Monty just hits the same corner every time & we haven`t scored from any of them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred