• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

pjennings

Do you think there's too much throw the baby out with the bath water in all our comments here following the loss last night? So many have turned on the boys and brought out conspiracy theories after one off night, probably out of frustration that it was a loss to the Jets more than anything.

I'm keeping the faith!
100% - the squad is thin - but have done incredibly well. Last night just seemed to be flat after 2 very tense games.

turbo

Do you think there's too much throw the baby out with the bath water in all our comments here following the loss last night? So many have turned on the boys and brought out conspiracy theories after one off night, probably out of frustration that it was a loss to the Jets more than anything.

I'm keeping the faith!
It's definitely not one off night - see previous results against the jets, roar @ gosford, MV. We have trouble getting up for a game where the opposition parks the bus and lets us have a lot of unproductive possession.

But what stings about this one is against all the odds we were (maybe still are - just) in a position to host a final at Gosford for the first time and that's worth fighting for with everything we've got. I caught up on the minimatch and if thats the quality that made the cut I shudder to think about the other 70 mins.

Melange

It's definitely not one off night - see previous results against the jets, roar @ gosford, MV. We have trouble getting up for a game where the opposition parks the bus and lets us have a lot of unproductive possession.

But what stings about this one is against all the odds we were (maybe still are - just) in a position to host a final at Gosford for the first time and that's worth fighting for with everything we've got. I caught up on the minimatch and if thats the quality that made the cut I shudder to think about the other 70 mins.

I know what you mean, home final is massive, making the finals is massive. But I think last night's performance was consistent with the effort season, we tend to play to the quality of the opposition, we've been shite all season against the bottom teams, against the better teams 99% of the time we're playing good quality and playing better.

I have confidence we'll perform well in the finals. I have confidence we'll make the finals. And I've been happy with the effort every player has put in all year, but after last night there was so much dumping on individuals and wow, the conspiracy theories seemed a bit crazy!

turbo

we tend to play to the quality of the opposition, we've been shite all season against the bottom teams, against the better teams 99% of the time we're playing good quality and playing better.
I think there’s two factors there - expecting they’ve got it in the bag at times before they’ve put in the work - the mental aspect. Then the tactical aspect that better teams will generally attack us and play a more open game meaning we don’t have to rely on breaking down a compact 8+ man defence which we’ve struggled with.

I too think we’ll lift for finals but we’ve still got to get there and it would be amazing for the coast to host one after so long in the wilderness.

pjennings

I think there’s two factors there - expecting they’ve got it in the bag at times before they’ve put in the work - the mental aspect. Then the tactical aspect that better teams will generally attack us and play a more open game meaning we don’t have to rely on breaking down a compact 8+ man defence which we’ve struggled with.

I too think we’ll lift for finals but we’ve still got to get there and it would be amazing for the coast to host one after so long in the wilderness.
If that is the case (and assuming we make the finals) the problem will come if we concede early in a final and a better team sits back and defends.

Tevor

Great pod guys, as usual.
On thing that still concerns me is that my question of whether the launch would be delayed until the ownership was sorted was not really addressed to my satisfaction except to say that whoever owned the Club would make no difference.
I am very keen to get on board, but will not give a penny until the sale of the Club is sorted. I do not want to be part of a trust that becomes something supporting a situation like the Central Coast Bears if the Club is sold and the new owner sets up in Canberra. There must be a commitment for the Club to stay put.
If the ownership is not sorted by the time of the launch it could be a fairly disappointing start.
In my view it does matter greatly who the owner is, especially this next one.
Like it ancient. I’ve felt this way from the start

Ozhammer

Is there any understanding about what the new broadcast deal means for CCM financially for the coming season and where the cap is likely to be set?

Coast Football Ramble

Pete, Luke, and Moz are back in the studio this week to catch up on the madness of the last few days.

*Language warning* - the swear jar gets a bit of a work out this week.

Rollercoaster? You betcha. From the magic in Macarthur to the dismal derby; 4 days is an eternity in football, so it seems.

Will our voices hold out for the entire episode? Who will contribute most to the swear jar? And HOW GOOD is Dan Hall!

We look ahead to our final game of the regular season against Western United, and of course we answer your questions.

#UpTheSauce

0.00-23.45 Fred's Question/Macarthur Review
23.55-53.15 F3 Derby Review
53.20-69.00 Other Central Coast & Australian Football News
69.25-101.55 Fan Questions
102.05-107.30 Western United Preview/Outro

Pirate Pete

Gents. Listened this morning. Great pod.
Your take on that game the other night was spot on.
I was / am so angry I've had to take a break from the forum for a few days.
5.gif

Just a couple of things you did mention.
Clisby coming over after the Macarthur game. I felt a bit sorry for him at first.
Missing out on the team celebration because he scored, he was being interviewed.
Had to rush over to give a clap & receive some praise from the fans.

The ref in the game the other night. Should have booked a couple of their players for time wasting early on.
Hoffman especially kicked the ball away twice. That was before he body checked Casella (I think).

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Great pod as always. Enjoying how much fun you guys are having with your new equipment, it's sounding great.
And yeah, agree with the reffing for that match. Putting my old assessor's hat on too, I think I can see exactly how he butchered it with his mindset from the start, because you could see the match got progressively worse. But, not why we lost.
Couldn't disagree with anything you guys said about our performance on that day. Felt like this after too many derbies. We're almost never up for them anymore. It's like they don't matter.
Look forward to your season finale podcast!!

Coast Football Ramble

We are BACK this afternoon to review our final regular season match against Western United, and preview week 1 of our upcoming finals campaign!!
Mariners’ Assistant Coach Nahuel Arrarte will also be joining us for a chat!
Questions? Fire away!

Huddo

How does he see his position in the coaching set-up?What area's does he feel he has a direct responsibility over in the team?
More immediately, is there any change in the processes noting the relative inexperience of this team in finals appearance?

Last edited:

Coast Football Ramble

Pete, Luke, Jimmy, and Morrow are back to review our final clash of the regular A-League Season against Western United, and preview our finals campaign!

It's Finals time, baby!! Just how deep down the rabbit hole can we go? How many tears were shed on Saturday? How good is our Academy!? When does Dan Hall get a lifetime contract?

We catch up with Mariners Assistant Coach Nahuel Arrarte, we preview our upcoming finals clash with Macarthur, and we answer your questions.

#UpTheSauce

00.00-33.30 Intro/Fred's (Forum Phoenix's) Question/Western United Review
33.45-58.55 Nahuel Arrarte Interview
59.10-77.05 Other Central Coast Football News
77.15-84.21 Australian Football News
84.25-95.12 Fan Questions
93.18-105.35 Finals Preview/Outro

FFC Mariner

Great pod (again) - cant be bothered to rewind but did you include Matt Simon who also came through CC youth pathway with our other youth products.
Started at CC Lightning alongside Woody IIRC)

pjennings

Great pod (again) - cant be bothered to rewind but did you include Matt Simon who also came through CC youth pathway with our other youth products.
Started at CC Lightning alongside Woody IIRC)
Yes they did - but I think they missed Hatch (can't be bothered to rewind either)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami