• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Choppers commit to SFS until 2016

midfielder

Well the choppers have committed themselves to Aussie stadium, IMO should have moved to Parrmatta. But they say it saves them some money and their offices are there, ............. its just it seems like the tats ....... they represent Eastern Sydney maybe the Shire but little for heart land west of Ryde, that is where true football heart land is in Sydney huge parts Liverpool , Fairfield, Blacktown, Bankstown, Hills must be over 100, 000 players alone.

Funny the article was in the age in Melbourne before Stdney papers unless I missed it.

Shows how wise Peter T was to move.

http://news.theage.com.au/sydney-fc-commits-to-sfs-until-2016/20080507-2bs5.html

Sydney FC has committed to continue playing all its A-League home games at the Sydney Football Stadium until 2016.

The new playing agreement coincides with the club's decision to relocate its office headquarters to the new administration building at the SFS scheduled to open in June.

Sydney FC will join Cricket NSW, the NSW Rugby Union, Sydney Roosters, Sydney Swans and the AFL NSW/ACT Commission as major sports bodies who have established their administration headquarters at Moore Park.

All have long term playing agreements to play home games at the neighbouring SCG and SFS.

Sydney FC's offices are currently located in Bondi Junction and the move will centralise their playing and administration arms ahead of the 2008-09 A-League season.

The club has averaged 17,388 fans for all A-League home games since the start of the competition in 2005-06.

marinersman

All sets it up nicely for a second Sydney team out west.

I wonder if they were "encouraged" by the FFA to stay in the city? It does make sense in the grand expansion plan.

S

soccersensei

They all want to stay nice an close for Bondi beach training sessions and al a carte dining me thinks...

dibo

midfielder said:
Well the choppers have committed themselves to Aussie stadium, IMO should have moved to Parrmatta. But they say it saves them some money and their offices are there, ............. its just it seems like the tats ....... they represent Eastern Sydney maybe the Shire but little for heart land west of Ryde, that is where true football heart land is in Sydney huge parts Liverpool , Fairfield, Blacktown, Bankstown, Hills must be over 100, 000 players alone.

Funny the article was in the age in Melbourne before Stdney papers unless I missed it.

two points-

one is made well by marinersman:

marinersman said:

I wonder if they were "encouraged" by the FFA to stay in the city? It does make sense in the grand expansion plan.

second: where would you have them play? parramatta and just about every other ground in the metro area is too small really, if you look at their average they'd be leaving themselves no room to grow. homebush is far too large for your rainy saturday night matches against perth - they'll be looking like souths before you know it.

Jesus

Jesus
dibo said:
midfielder said:

two points-

marinersman said:

second: where would you have them play? parramatta and just about every other ground in the metro area is too small really, if you look at their average they'd be leaving themselves no room to grow. homebush is far too large for your rainy saturday night matches against perth - they'll be looking like souths before you know it.

Agree entirely. If the FFA wanted bling to play in west sydney they would have said so from the beginning. No point having two sydney teams playing out west. Would have just isolated their fans from the shire and east/city.

brett

Jesus said:
dibo said:
midfielder said:

two points-

marinersman said:

Would have just isolated their fans from the shire and east/city.

Yeah, Con and Leo would not have been pleased.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred