• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CEO/ Managers Corner?

Marquee

To the powers that be-

In light of the resent problems facing the mariners (form/recruitment) myself, and I would assume many mariners fans, have many questions regarding the club and its progress. I am proposing the idea of a CEO/ Mangers's Corner on the forum, much like Sydney's, where all our intriguing questions can be answered by Lawrie and Lyall. I dont mean the tripe they put in magazines saying what the fans want to hear ("The club is going fantastic and we have faith in the squad"), I mean real honest answers with what the club is doing and why.

Im not sure how we would go about this but those with connections with the club may be able to organize something.

Thoughts?

Atomic

It's a good idea in principle but I dont know how effective it will be. In a lot of respects, board room tactics are like on field tactics in that you can't divulge too much information... even to the supporters. I suspect it would become what you fear the most, i.e. "the tripe they put in magazines saying whatthe fans want to hear".

Whilst I believe I am entitled to answers, I respect the fact that maybe some of these answers cannot be given due to various pressures such as trying to sign a player, securing funding, creating a style of play that they want to keep from the opposition. These are just a few examples which would prevent the CEO / Managers Corner from being the effective vehicle you are hoping for... IMO.

northernspirit

i actually think its a good idea
even if they cant divulge some information its good to hear at least something

after giving it more thought last night i was thinking maybe the reason we are not recruiting players is because money is being diverted to the Tuggerah precint project, which if that is the case then id be more than happy to accept whats going on until its completed...

but if its merely down to poor recruiting and failure to invest then id crack the shits

these are questions only the club can tell us to assure the fans, on evidence in the home semi we have already lost alot of fans from the tripe served up by the club - i can live with lower crowds and sub par football if it means our long term viability and success is assured with the tuggerah investment

FFC Mariner

northernspirit said:

after giving it more thought last night i was thinking maybe the reason we are not recruiting players is because money is being diverted to the Tuggerah precint project, which if that is the case then id be more than happy to accept whats going on until its completed...

but if its merely down to poor recruiting and failure to invest then id crack the shits

these are questions only the club can tell us to assure the fans, on evidence in the home semi we have already lost alot of fans from the tripe served up by the club - i can live with lower crowds and sub par football if it means our long term viability and success is assured with the tuggerah investment

Brilliant post but I'm not holding my breath. Expect article after article with spin that makes NSW Labour look open and honest

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
northernspirit said:

+1

kevrenor

Marquee said:
To the powers that be-

In light of the resent problems facing the mariners (form/recruitment) myself, and I would assume many mariners fans, have many questions regarding the club and its progress. I am proposing the idea of a CEO/ Mangers's Corner on the forum, much like Sydney's, where all our intriguing questions can be answered by Lawrie and Lyall. I dont mean the tripe they put in magazines saying what the fans want to hear ("The club is going fantastic and we have faith in the squad"), I mean real honest answers with what the club is doing and why.

Im not sure how we would go about this but those with connections with the club may be able to organize something.

Thoughts?

We had one, on the previous version of the forum - here: http://ccmfc.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=club

and two things happened:

- No-one much asked any "intriguing questions"
- Any answers were club official line, brief and very tardy

That is why it was dropped when we came across.

The club needs to get itself into better gear with members, and other fans - no after game functions, no meetings with fans, and from lack of any evidence otherwise no engagement with the Marinators club. 

Marquee

I see what you mean Kev, lots of threads with 0 to 1 replies there. Most responses seem to done by Ben Coonan. Nothing really from Lyall or Lawrie though.....

Good point about the functions, alot of people seem disappointed about that and after 4 years of strong community links, cracks are starting to show. The club need to keep up a strong standard of engagement and keep our small supporters base interested.

clarence

Marquee said:
Good point about the functions, alot of people seem disappointed about that and after 4 years of strong community links, cracks are starting to show. The club need to keep up a strong standard of engagement and keep our small supporters base interested.

+1. Having discussions with friends recently the question came up about the tag the Mariners wear quite proudly : the one about engaging the community.

I know in the first couple of seasons there was a lot of 'pressing the flesh' from the squad and Lawrie as well as the club management turning up as well.

I'd be interested to hear how many 'community' events the Mariners have attended in the last couple of years?

It's very easy to just assume they are still turning up at schools and charity lunches etc. after the first couple of seasons when they went all out to say 'hi'! But what's the reality these days and in particular, the last season?

(I suppose a good question for someone to put to the club, if there was a CEO's Corner?)

Paolo

clarence said:
+1. Having discussions with friends recently the question came up about the tag the Mariners wear quite proudly : the one about engaging the community.

I know in the first couple of seasons there was a lot of 'pressing the flesh' from the squad and Lawrie as well as the club management turning up as well.

I'd be interested to hear how many 'community' events the Mariners have attended in the last couple of years?

It's very easy to just assume they are still turning up at schools and charity lunches etc. after the first couple of seasons when they went all out to say 'hi'! But what's the reality these days and in particular, the last season?

(I suppose a good question for someone to put to the club, if there was a CEO's Corner?)
if you open your eyes when visiting ccmariners.com.au, there is a 'community diary' for each month

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=25417

clarence

Paolo said:
clarence said:

if you open your eyes when visiting ccmariners.com.au, there is a 'community diary' for each month

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=25417

Thanx for the link.

Checked out website and the month of October, 08 was the only one listed. That was the month Lawrie got his chest waxed and raised $13K.

Which leads to the question: 'Was that your average month for the Mariners or an exceptionally busy one with the community work?'

As I cannot find any other months on the Community Diary link or other sections of the website, it's hard to assess how they are travelling with 'engaging the community'. And it is very easy to assume, once again, that the month of October,2008 was your typical month for the Mariners and their community efforts.

I do indeed open my eyes.

One chest wax and a few piccys of players reading to kiddies does not make a full community engagement by a club and it's players.

Particularly if they do bugger all for paying season tickets holders, ignore folks when they go into the stadium, play like d graders on the park, and cannot or will not go out and get better players to improve their game.

clarence

Can appreciate the humour guys. No, I don't want that level of attention.

The club and it's players set a very high mark a couple of years back, & I'm wondering if they had been keeping up that standard. They promote that angle of their club culture and many folks on the Coast have taken that whole heartedly as one of the main reasons they support them.

I'm talking about the folks who pad out the stadium for good matches, not the hard core followers, yes they are Part Timers and Bandwagoners. But if you want to start developing the next generation of hard core followers you have to look at the Mums and dads who get dragged along by their kids, and I think there's a steady flow of people coming along as families to see the matches from time to time. Some of these families do go on to buy season tickets next season after checking out a game or two.

If they don't keep up a decent level of that sort of 'community engagement' in the future, they'll be getting folks paying up for season tickets on false pretences.

Part_Timer: Who is Nick Rizzo? ;) ;D

FFC Mariner

The guy AKA Steve McManaman's replacement at Liverpool until he had a brain snap and signed for Palarse you mean?

Said Palarse then went into administration and he had to go to Italy

That Nick Rizzo?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred