• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Futsal - new comp

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Just noticed on Futsal4all that a Futsal competition, played on a proper futsal surface, is coming around soon:

http://futsal4all.com/2011/03/central-coast-futsal-coming-soon-nsw/

http://www.ccfutsal.com.au/index.html

Senior and junior comps, registration 10 April

They're still negotiationg the venue.

Still, it looks like it could be promising. It could well be a bit hit and miss to start with, as new competitions ofen are, but it looks like they're willing to put the effort in.

They may well apply proper Futsal laws too - and I could be wrong, but I'd imagine that no other centre on the ooast applies the proper Futsal laws (such as slide tackling!)

They've also got a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_153211791406250&ap=1

I'm interested to see how this pans out, to see if this improves the quality of Futsal on the coast and to see if there's any on here who end up joining.

Wee-mac

This would be awrsome as long as there is one semi close to home and I'm available.
Possible locations anyone?

marinermick

Are they affiliated with the FFA?

That has always been the bugbear of the local comp at Niagara Park. The guys don't want to affiliate becuase they would lose their cash cow and would have to pick up their very low standard of running the comp.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'll see if I can find out - however, don't make the mistake of thinking that affiliation automatically means the comp is run well :)

However, it looks like they've gone to a bit of effort to secure the good quality pitch, set up a website and so forth so I'm anticipating these guys will be well run.

scottmac

Suspended
How awesome will it be to have futsal at the home of football excellence in the not too distant future.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Are they affiliated with the FFA?

They are affiliated with FFA and FNSW

Bit of competition coming

http://www.soccer5s.com/

Interesting - never heard of this mob, but they appear to be affiliated as well (I could be wrong). Surprising if they are, but if they're linked to the centre of excellence then they could well be run quite well, particularly if it's feeding into the centre somehow.

Looks like big things are coming for Central Coast futsal. Fantastic for those who want to use Futsal as a means of developing their outdoor game (particularly young talent), great for those who want to focus on going far with Futsal itself, and also great for those who just want casual games - poorly organised competitions are no fun at all levels. If the comps are better run, then this may draw in some of the better local referees as well, which is good - although it may mean they approach the games a little more professionally (ie in terms of discipline, and perhaps applying the up-to-date proper laws rather than local modifications), which may take a little getting used to.

This may start to pave the way for central coast involvement in the futsal premier league competitions as well.

CCFUTSAL

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would update you all on www.ccfutsal.com.au!!

Central Coast Futsal is currently negotiating with a few venues on the coast. We are hoping to have a new comp up and running early May on our new surface. The surface was used by the AFC and played on by the Australian team!!
Our competitions will be supported fully and affiliated with NSW Football and NSW Futsal and will have a direct path to playing at the highest level of Futsal!! We are also meeting with the Central Coast Mariners next week!

In regards to our competition (Soccer5s). We have made enquiries to their participation on the coast. They are a UK company that have apparantly joint ventured and are hiring the pitches at The Centre of Excellence and currently have no affilaition with NSW Footbal or NSW Futsal. They do have the logos and links on their website, but suggest they are USEFUL LINKS of interest. They are considering running competitions if they receive enough interest starting in July/August.

We are hoping that our surface will prove to all those Futsal enthusiast that it is the preferred surface! So keep your eyes peeled on our website or link up with us on Facebook.

Yours in Futsal,
Kate

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I suspected as much.

Which makes me wonder - I would've thought that Futsal would have formed a part of the Mariners Excellence plans.

So does this mean that they'll be ignoring Futsal?

I guess we're getting slightly off topic here anyway.....

Thanks for the update Kate - I'm sure there's a few people on the coast looking forward to a properly run competition.

CCFUTSAL

Hi All,

Registration Day will be Sunday 17th April from 9am - 12pm in Erina.
More details to come early next week.

Yours in futsal,

CCFUTSAL

CCFUTSAL

Hi MarinerMark and Mariners4ever,

We understand that you need to know a venue before you committ to registering, but unfortunately our venue won't allow us to advertise until contracts are signed on Thursday. We can however confirm it is in Erina and will be played on the Powergame flooring that you can checkout on our website www.ccfutsal.com.au. It is the same flooring used in the AFC.

In regard to the nights Senior men and 35+'s are playing, as futsal on the Central Coast is really an untested market, we are competing with Niagra Park and Lakehaven. Both these futsal venues have their comps on a Monday and Thurs nights. We have nominated Tuesday, Wed and Thursay nights for our Youth, Premier and 35+ comps. If however, we find this clashes with Outoor training or other comps with a majority of teams wanting another night, we can make some minor changes.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

marinermick

Our team's vote is insignificant but a Tuesday night for 35+ and a lower level men's would be our preference as we train on a Thursday night. Monday night is too soon after our Monday game and Wednesday is the night before our training.

However, I am aware a number of 35s do train on a Tuesday night.

CCFUTSAL

HOME VENUE for CCFutsal

CCFutsal are pleased to announce that ERINA HIGH SCHOOL will be the Home of Central Coast Futsal!!

We would like to thank Principal, Marj Kong for her support and efforts in making this a beneficial facility for the school, community and Central Coast.

CCFutsal has the full support of Erina HS, NSWFootball, NSWFutsal and the Central Coast Mariners in growing the sport from grass-roots through to Senior levels. Futsal is a growing sport and we hope to provide a state-of-the-Art facility at ERINA H.S. The school will utilise the facililty thorughout school days and at night it will be transformed into the Futsal Hub on the Central Coast.

For Registration information, please read relevant sections for age groups www.ccfutsal.com.au

Football Tragic

Congrats guys, I know you have been waiting to get it all locked away.

Can't wait to get a team together and play in a central location on what looks like an awesome surface!

And the rego includes a playing strip as well.....did I read that correctly?

CCFUTSAL

Congrats guys, I know you have been waiting to get it all locked away.

Can't wait to get a team together and play in a central location on what looks like an awesome surface!

And the rego includes a playing strip as well.....did I read that correctly?

It sure does!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred