• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Bears making a comeback?????...what will that do to the Mariners

adz

Staff member
Maybe they would start upgrading and maintaining the stadium properly?

turbo

Seems pretty unlikely to me. Unless the NRL already has plans to relocate another team to Perth I can’t see them ignoring such a large potential market for a central coast team. No doubt Fox would like it from a logistics perspective but I can’t help feel like this kind of piece is more about keeping the coast on the hook and feeling some love from the NRL without actually giving anything substantial.

Reactions: adz

finally retired

Seems pretty unlikely to me. Unless the NRL already has plans to relocate another team to Perth I can’t see them ignoring such a large potential market for a central coast team. No doubt Fox would like it from a logistics perspective but I can’t help feel like this kind of piece is more about keeping the coast on the hook and feeling some love from the NRL without actually giving anything substantial.
hope so

Big Al

It’s just a Andrew Johns fluff idea. Nothing serious all because there is a game at the stadium on Sunday

Reactions: adz

Pirate Pete

Listening to Scott Levi on local ABC radio the other day he said "expecting a crowd of up to 20,000.
How many do they actually get at these games on the coast.
I can see the weather putting a few people off.

turbo

Listening to Scott Levi on local ABC radio the other day he said "expecting a crowd of up to 20,000.
How many do they actually get at these games on the coast.
I can see the weather putting a few people off.

I believe they got 14k at the cowboys game. There’s always a good turn out for one off league matches here but it’s not necessarily a good indication of who would regularly attend or become a member. I went with 3 others to that game and none of us would attend much at all.

I expect the bears would have a good following to begin with or when they’re doing well but the question is would we have a strong turn out in the bad times or when the novelty wears off. I’m not sure what average NRL crowds look like, haven’t watched it much in years. There’s also the opportunity cost of the supporters they alienate by moving/dumping a team or by choosing us over an alternative market.

style_cafe

Maybe they would start upgrading and maintaining the stadium properly?

I was only thinking that the other day when driving over the McGowan bridge.
When was the last time the stadium was painted?
The paintwork has faded and there`s some rust up on the light tower.
Last season there was also quite a few lights out too.
Instead of speanding billions in sydney the state Govt should be throwing a few dollars in to improve CCS

Things like another level over the bay 16 end with a roof over it and seating at the bay end under the scoreboard would help to improve the capacity and the atmosphere.
That way the ground could attract more games like Womens internationals,guest teams etc

rbakersmith

37obha.jpg

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
aint no way The Knights and the Sea Eagles CEO's will vote for a team in Gosford

Pirate Pete

Must have been a few years ago now, but I was at Erina Fair.
They had a stall set up & were asking people to sign a petition to get the Bears on the coast.
Young lady approaches me "excuse me sir".
She realises I have a Mariners shirt on...." oh sorry never mind".

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I’d sort of support them if they were called anything but the fkn bears ....I hate fkn transplanted teams

turbo

Anyone in league who thinks moving a team 90 minutes up the freeway is creating a more national competition is only proving the meathead stereotype. Once you consider how many people would likely shun their current club and NRL overall if their club was relocated I can't see how moving here would be that beneficial. My family were magpies supporters and once they were absorbed in to the tigers their interest in league dropped massively.
At best the coast is a safe but not outstanding option the league knows they can keep for a rainy day if any club fails spectacularly. That or a further expanded comp is the only way we pick up a team. I'd be very surprised if they didnt push WA hard before looking at us.

As for stadium rights surely CCM and council negotiate in some clauses for if the bears were to get up. Better to have that as a possibility than to not get the go ahead at all.

midfielder

Anyone in league who thinks moving a team 90 minutes up the freeway is creating a more national competition is only proving the meathead stereotype. Once you consider how many people would likely shun their current club and NRL overall if their club was relocated I can't see how moving here would be that beneficial. My family were magpies supporters and once they were absorbed in to the tigers their interest in league dropped massively.
At best the coast is a safe but not outstanding option the league knows they can keep for a rainy day if any club fails spectacularly. That or a further expanded comp is the only way we pick up a team. I'd be very surprised if they didnt push WA hard before looking at us.

As for stadium rights surely CCM and council negotiate in some clauses for if the bears were to get up. Better to have that as a possibility than to not get the go ahead at all.
now Gordon Tallis jumping on the Central Coast Bears bandwagon (perhaps to deflect criticism of his own team?)
talk like this will make Central Coast Council less likely to hand over stadium rights if they think they might have year round tenants.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/06e1469715a42a82dfcef30a3f5cc67c

I recall reading some time ago the various options the NRL had to either expand or relocate a team.

The first choice from a revenue and rating view is a second Brisbane team.

Next was a second team in NZ either Welly or Christchurch.

Next was Perth, especially with the Western Force being kicked out of SR

Next was a QLD country team ..

Next was the CC...

The decision was to play 3 to 5 games on the Coast, with one of Souths, Manly or Parramatta as one of the teams and have one of the finals here...

pjennings

One off games with popular teams will draw good crowds. Last time they played full seasons with the Nth Eagles it went 11000 season 1, 10000 season 2, 9000 season 3.

Popular teams 30 years ago with kids that have moved to the Coast as adults will draw a good crowd. The rest of the games would be poorly attended.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami