• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCMFC New Chairman and Substantial Investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilsin

Rising Sun

I was listening to the "Round Ball Rules" Show and around the 21 min mark, they discuss a new chairman for the Mariners and a substantial investment over the next few years, do we know any more details around this?

Key Points:
-New Chairman
-Monty stays on to build the club
-Focus on progression
-Mark Milligan's mum is a big Mariners fan :D

Is @Shaun Mielekamp able to add more to this?

Link to the show: https://10play.com.au/football/web-extras/2022/round-ball-rules-episode-3/tpv220427hmxcb
May or may not be good news - someone posted similar news on the "not worthy of a whole thread" and I responded to that post before seeing this post. Someone has made an edit to our Wikipedia page to suggest the investor might be Richard Peil, owner of Anytime Fitness....who happens to be knee deep in a bid to bring an ALM club to Canberra alongside our sponsors Mate

AJames

My understanding is that it is a three year option. New owner funds the football department for three years with an option to buy 51% at the end of this period. I am not sure things will change that much immediately.
Club stays on the coast past the 3 years?

Big Al

Wow that was quietly done. Everything we’ve ever heard about turns out to be bullshit, so makes sense that the first take over we never heard anything about is actually legit.

Massive news if true and increasing our funds would be involved.
The pod boys were coy about something 2 pods ago and I’d seen a tweet with Gatty that sort of implied something was in the wind. There’s some smoke but it’s only kindling at the moment but this might flush out a news story

turbo

Club stays on the coast past the 3 years?
You would hope that with some funding and hard work we can get the team back to a point where moving it to Canberra would be counter productive anyway. I thought Canberra had multiple bids anyway, its possible these guys have been given a heads up they aren't the preferred Canberra option and have now refocused.

AJames

You would hope that with some funding and hard work we can get the team back to a point where moving it to Canberra would be counter productive anyway. I thought Canberra had multiple bids anyway, its possible these guys have been given a heads up they aren't the preferred Canberra option and have now refocused.
True! And with Mate involved as well, who just upped their sponsorship with us this year.

Man Overboard

Wow that was quietly done. Everything we’ve ever heard about turns out to be bullshit, so makes sense that the first take over we never heard anything about is actually legit.

Massive news if true and increasing our funds would be involved.
Wondering whether to auto renew membership if 'home' games may be in Canberra

Man Overboard

If they were to go down that path you would be able to get a refund. Australian Consumer Law wouldnt allow them to go and switch like that without warning and the option of a refund.
But the Mudgee 'home game'..............................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami