• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCMFC New Chairman and Substantial Investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironbark

So far there is absolutely no indication the club or any games will be moved. Let's not stir everyone up with speculation based on nothing until there is something substantial to tell us otherwise.

At this stage all we know is that there is (probably) a new investor and Monty is staying on

AuzDutchy

Mariners fans for nearly 10 years
"we hate Charlseworth and need more investment or him to sell the club"

CCM gets new investment and charlesworth reduced to minority owner, with seemingly a commitment to Monty

Mariners fans
"Oh no the club is moving to canberra"

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

turbo

So far there is absolutely no indication the club or any games will be moved. Let's not stir everyone up with speculation based on nothing until there is something substantial to tell us otherwise.

At this stage all we know is that there is (probably) a new investor and Monty is staying on
This. Anything else is just feeding negativity and speculation about maybe.

crock

CCM gets new investment and charlesworth reduced to minority owner, with seemingly a commitment to Monty

Mariners fans

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️
i wasnt keen on charlesworth selling as tbh most people that were interested were wanting to move and that was my worry that their was no interest in keeping us on coast

pjennings

I'm sure that the council was one of the great blocks to Mike Charlesworth selling / garnering more investment. The saga with the Stadium went on for years. Now there is certainty - even if it is not what Mike was after in terms of a Mariners lease. Investment loves certainty!!

AuzDutchy

i wasnt keen on charlesworth selling as tbh most people that were interested were wanting to move and that was my worry that their was no interest in keeping us on coast
the APL wants to expand, id bet my arse they wouldnt move CCM anywhere because theyd know theyre writing off ever having a team on the Central Coast ever again

further to that, if the APL DID by chance want to move us, there isnt a thing we could do to stop them

Man Overboard

the APL wants to expand.......................further to that, if the APL DID by chance want to move us, there isnt a thing we could do to stop them
I'm not sure that any owner would be interested in diluting their investment's value by expansion od the APL. Moving to greener pastures could however be another story. Time for Shaun to engage with fans on CCM Fans and the Club Part 2 I think.
We certainly couldn't stop a move, but that doesn't mean that you should support them if they did. This forum is littered with attacks on ex player 'snakes' who moved on. I couldn't support the club anymore if they did; I would have to look at another league as I couldn't bring myself to follow Jets or 'The Glamour club'. CCM owners will get more members in Canberra anyway if they move there, but I would have the satisfaction of not helping them with a membership renewal.

crock

I'm sure that the council was one of the great blocks to Mike Charlesworth selling / garnering more investment. The saga with the Stadium went on for years. Now there is certainty - even if it is not what Mike was after in terms of a Mariners lease. Investment loves certainty!!
So what happened to the stadium I know its got new owners but has stadium deal with club been done for next season

turbo

I'm not sure that any owner would be interested in diluting their investment's value by expansion od the APL.
How does it dilute their investment? Any new owners would be buying in and new clubs will be directed to areas with untapped potential which strengthens the league. Places like Canberra, Tas, Gold Coast, Auckland , Wollongong all meet that brief. The main thing the existing owners would be against is the likes of Macarthur being set up in WSW's backyard. Until we have at least 14 teams, maybe 16 pending whatever happens with a second division, expansion makes sense over relocation unless a club is no longer viable in a location.

Man Overboard

Doubt. You’d lose the entire membership base up here, and my feel is that most Canberrans would be unwilling to support a relocated team. They’d end up with less.

It’s a moot point anyway.
Not so sure. Canberrans love sport, and have a larger population base [Click on each for results]

V

The Central Canberra Mariners team would probs also attract inland rural fans, Wagga etc while the CC is constrained by Sydney and Newcastle whose populations are most likely committed to other clubs, so little future growth for memberships.

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

Mariners fans

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️
If the duck quacks. What does that make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred