• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ccmfans season 6 wrap

adz

Staff member
Another season is over and it was a great one for the Mariners, apart from that devastating last few minutes in the post season cup final, after finishing second to Brisbane after 30 rounds.

the website

The start of season six not only saw a fresh look and new name for the website, but a shiny new forum, and various behind the scenes updates. The number of posts on the forum is down from previous seasons, which seems to reflect the A-League in general (lower attendances), but the quality of those posts is up considerably. It’s still very laid back and you won’t cop it if you wander off topic a bit, and there are some good discussions happening which is helping to bring new people on board.

Development behind the scenes has been tough this season! It seems like for every one step forward we take two steps back. The constant chopping and changing of the schedule has put a big strain on our system for recording and reporting game results and stats. This is the foundation of a lot of things on the site – the countdown clock, tables, man of the match, and many more things currently in development. Fortunately it seems stable enough to move onto bigger and more exciting improvements now.

We have some exciting things in the pipeline that will raise the bar for fan made A-League supporter websites. The amount of time it takes to develop this stuff is enormous, with hundreds of hours of web development going into this site every year, so unfortunately I can’t say exactly what the new features are, in case one (or none) of them are ready in time for the next season! What I can say is that the development cycle will continue as ever, this website will keep evolving and growing every season, and we will never be content with just being another fan forum.

thank yous all

A big thanks goes out to all the Central Coast Mariners players and staff for giving us something to support every week, a team to get passionate about and look forward to watching play, even after the occasional heartbreaking loss.

Well done to all the Central Coast Mariners fans that showed up every week and saw the Mariners producing some great quality football. To all the fans who sit up in the stands, and the Yellow Army who produced some great tifos and rocked Bay 16 this season.

Thanks also to Charles and the Central Coast Leagues Club for hosting away games and other shenanigans, and being the perfect pre/post-game drinking spot for Mariners fans. And to the A-Team for their awesome radio coverage and post game analysis.

And then there is the ccmfans.net moderating team, who didn’t really have a lot to do this season to be honest!

This brings me to my final thank you, YOU, especially if you are still reading this post ;). This site would not be possible without the contribution of hundreds of people every season who post their thoughts, opinions, have friendly discussions, and not so friendly arguments. Thank you to the people who took time to vote in the Man of the Match after every Mariners game, and join in the discussions with other Mariners fans. Seeing an active website (not only active, but a lot of it actually a good read!) gives us motivation to go on and create more features and keep making this website a quality resource for all Central Coast Mariners fans.

To the thousands of “lurkers” that come by for a look every month, hopefully you will decide to join up and make a couple of posts, as that is the best way to help the site keep growing.

Bring on 2011-12 and the ACL!

style_cafe

Adz & crew,

I discovered this site by accident earlier this year.
I must say that I am now addicted to it.

The knowledge, humour & friendliness of the contributors is absolutely fantastic.

It also provides me with insites into the Club & players that otherwise would not be possible.

As a football tragic with an even more tragic dad this site has kept us informed & entertained for many hours.

From the bottom of my yellow & navy heart I sincerely thankyou you all along with the yellow army for making this season the best A league season ever.

Keep up the good work & if ever I can help you in any way you know how to contact me.

Cheers to all

:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: Mariner `til I Die :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

timmers

A huge thanks from me to all those involved in the site. Mainly to the developers, but also to the other posters. Having never played the game, I have learnt a stack about both football and the mighty Mariners this year. Really informative forum and the site looks great!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred