• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM W-League

pjennings

Also disappointed to hear that we're apparently no longer pushing for a WL team - and disappointed that the first we hear about this decision is from the media.
I am disappointed yes. But Shaun did say on the pod a few months ago that Covid had meant that some things may slip while referring to the W-League. He intimated that it was still a goal they want to pursue (probably need to pursue).

Pirate Pete

Just hearing this on the radio now.
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/foo...mpionship-revealed/1kyfcuc1djzjp1lfbqnn3qvowz

The W-League is set to welcome its first new team in over five years with the Australian Professional Leagues (APL) confirming expansion plans are well underway.

Wellington Phoenix, Central Coast Mariners and Western United are all in line to join the W-League before the 2023 Women's World Cup.

The competition is also set to add a preliminary final from next season to give clubs that finish first and second an extra chance to make the grand final.

With every current A-League club now set to have a corresponding W-League side within the next two years, the APL have also revealed the launch of a new 'Club Championship'.

The new piece of silverware will be awarded at season's end to the club that accrues the most combined points between their men's and women's teams.

With a Women's World Cup on home soil fast approaching, managing director of the APL Danny Townsend believes these changes are a crucial step in the right direction for the women's game in Australia.

"This is just the beginning of a sustained investment programme in women’s football - we announced unbundling just 8-months ago, and are already bringing more games, more players, better broadcast, improved employment conditions and enhanced footballing pathways," Townsend said.

"We want to unleash football’s potential in Australia and this is a significant step forward in delivering the future that the game deserves."

style_cafe

Heather Garriock might be available to coach.
She`s well respected,has good contacts and connections within the game and her parents live in Sydney's south west.
Life on the coast would be ideal for her as she has young kids too... :popcorn:

sydmariner

Corsair

Don't know much about w-league would be good if they played during the off season for the a-league. Just had a look at last season's table, Glory with only 1 point?!

Melange

Heather Garriock might be available to coach.
She`s well respected,has good contacts and connections within the game and her parents live in Sydney's south west.
Life on the coast would be ideal for her as she has young kids too... :popcorn:
Careful what you wish for, unless she's learnt from mistakes with her Canberra gig the I wouldn't go there

sydmariner

style_cafe

Careful what you wish for, unless she's learnt from mistakes with her Canberra gig the I wouldn't go there
From memory her only mistake was she never got them into the finals were there any more?
She`s still very well respected and a decent coach... :popcorn:

Melange

From memory her only mistake was she never got them into the finals were there any more?
She`s still very well respected and a decent coach... :popcorn:
In the 6 seasons before she took over Canberra won the league 3 times and Grand final twice, only missed the finals once.

She took on a successful, stable squad and, from inside word that I heard, didn't like particular players and forced the core out then led Canberra to their worst the seasons ever.

Toxic culture is how it was described to me, which the club is still recovering from

Wombat

In the 6 seasons before she took over Canberra won the league 3 times and Grand final twice, only missed the finals once.

She took on a successful, stable squad and, from inside word that I heard, didn't like particular players and forced the core out then led Canberra to their worst the seasons ever.

Toxic culture is how it was described to me, which the club is still recovering from

Is she one of Heather Reid's offspawn????

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami