• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v the Pearl Divers / the Red Louganis

Ozhammer

I have just realised that this game falls on 1 April, oh good lord let’s hope that doesn’t lead to a perfect storm...... :doh:

Avoca

From a marketing perspective, I’m envisioning an inflatable, piss-yellow submarine, floating over Gosford. Due to daylight savings, Adelaide will be winding back their clocks a few decades. How fitting to showcase a 1980’s, Alan Bond inspired blimp, advertising the fraudster Reds.

Last edited:

Ads

I don’t think we should go after them like we did to Ziggy and there was one other game as well we went to hard vendetta style.

Both those games that we focussed on the player and not the ball we lost.

We are become too desperate again to steel the ball back quickly.

First 6 games we let the opposition have the ball and were much more patient waiting to pounce at the right times.

Don’t get me wrong we need to press but use sliding to back them into a corner rather than chase them around.

Most games we have won or should have won we were only showing at 30 or 40 percent possession.
We won games by snatching a single goal against run of play or making it to the 60/70 min and the opponent being frustrated that they couldn’t crack us and then they loose focus.

I say we revisit this mould and let the other teams have the ball until the opportune moment.

In saying this I feel this worked better before the visa players started coming into the fold. Urena is good and has class, but does he fit the sliding defensive from the front?

I feel the opposition easily goes around him and straight into our midfield creating a lot more work for our mid and defence making us more tired and not ready when an opportunity does arise.

Ozhammer

Call me old fashioned but imho, we should be looking to dominate our opposition when playing at home, not letting them dictate the tempo of the game. The boys did that against Victory on Sat for the first 20-25 mins and look where that got them. As the old saying goes, the best form of defence is attack.

That said, we may not be allowed to do that against the SA Divers, as they are on a confident run, so I expect this game to be something of an arm wrestle.

Wombat

Ok Coasties. Time to man or woman up for this next game!
For any weak person wondering if 7.30pm is too late.......................get a grip its the perfect time for a game!
If you are an adult, its perfect............remember when you were 20yo and 7.30pm was the beginning of your Thurs night. If you are a kid, beg mum and dad not to be so soft.....you will sleep like a baby after the game and excel after a moral boosting win.

When I was in primary school, so presumably 10yo, i talked my Mum into letting me go on a coach with one schoolmate to watch England v Nth Ireland at Wembley.
I lived in Folkestone (Kent) so its a 1.45hr trip to London. Back them im pretty sure the game kicked off at 8.30pm.
It was a f**king laugh for a kid and i even got mugged of a nice England rosette i had just got. The dog asked me where my dad was, when i said he wasnt there...bosh!
The people on my Coach were all pissed up and decided to stop off at some pub half way back to Kent. This was before mobile phones......we got back to Folkestone KFC at about 12.30am and only me and Lobby were sober.
My dad was just relieved to get me home and I went to school the next day and me and Lobby were boss.

So please stop being pussies and let your kids enjoy life and get out and support the yellow and navy.

EDIT.....England won 4.0 and QPR 's Gerry Francis murdered them.

Last edited:

Allreet?

For any weak person wondering if 7.30pm is too late.......................get a grip its the perfect time for a game!
If you are an adult, its perfect............remember when you were 20yo and 7.30pm was the beginning of your Thurs night. If you are a kid, beg mum and dad not to be so soft.....you will sleep like a baby after the game and excel after a moral boosting win.

When I was in primary school, so presumably 10yo, i talked my Mum into letting me go on a coach with one schoolmate to watch England v Nth Ireland at Wembley.
I lived in Folkestone (Kent) so its a 1.45hr trip to London. Back them im pretty sure the game kicked off at 8.30pm.
It was a f**king laugh for a kid and i even got mugged of a nice England rosette i had just got. The dog asked me where my dad was, when i said he wasnt there...bosh!
The people on my Coach were all pissed up and decided to stop off at some pub half way back to Kent. This was before mobile phones......we got back to Folkestone KFC at about 12.30am and only me and Lobby were sober.
My dad was just relieved to get me home and I went to school the next day and me and Lobby were boss.

So please stop being pussies and let your kids enjoy life and get out and support the yellow and navy
Should've got the Eurostar from London to Folkstone...

Big Al

So please stop being pussies and let your kids enjoy life and get out and support the yellow and navy
Thanks @Wombat i’ve been granted an extension on my bed time from the missus and will be there.
I am 2 for 2 this season and have seen the Koul header double and the Hatch goal. So what magic do they have in store for me tonight

Forum Phoenix

Thanks @Wombat i’ve been granted an extension on my bed time from the missus and will be there.
I am 2 for 2 this season and have seen the Koul header double and the Hatch goal. So what magic do they have in store for me tonight
I have been spreading wombats rallying cry far and wide. For some reason the story of a young wombat being assaulted, robbed and stranded at a pub hasn’t been having the impact on parents I’d hoped it might. But I’m going to keep trying.

turbo

Wonder what the odds are tonight for a Mariners get square penalty
Maybe. I'm not worried about the refs or opposition, I just want to see a greatly improved performance. Also very interested in how Staj responds with any line up changes or if we're going with the old do plan A better. Regardless of the score line if we half arse this the slide is real, it's a really important game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb