• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ccm v nix rd5 go ahead thread ;)

Huddo

Kuol did take that chance off Matty but did he get a shout? The kid is a striker and had every right to go for it.

He did have every right, but if he goes for it and wastes it he has to cop the flax sweet if other options were avalible.

Tevor

Simon has had more open play shots in the last few games than all of last season and not converted any of them. I’m over watching him plod around and want to see Urena get a start to see if he can convert the chances he will be presented. Urena hasn’t had much of a chance other than trying to create something out of nothing at the end of two games. Urena will be a different player when he starts and has time. Simon has done his job this season time for the pine and cameo appearances.

So it’s taken him two years to finally be in the right position to head a cross but Kuol out enthused him and Simon gives him a gob full. Kuol should have just said, “three goals”.

style_cafe

Kuol did take that chance off Matty but did he get a shout? The kid is a striker and had every right to go for it.
and there was no certainty that Matty would have scored either, considering he`s missed easier chances...:popcorn:

He should have moved to the defensive midfield position years ago to prolong his career...

turbo

Simon has had more open play shots in the last few games than all of last season and not converted any of them. I’m over watching him plod around and want to see Urena get a start to see if he can convert the chances he will be presented. Urena hasn’t had much of a chance other than trying to create something out of nothing at the end of two games. Urena will be a different player when he starts and has time. Simon has done his job this season time for the pine and cameo appearances.

So it’s taken him two years to finally be in the right position to head a cross but Kuol out enthused him and Simon gives him a gob full. Kuol should have just said, “three goals”.
This x100. I’m backing Kuol to go after it every time because I want to see hunger and confidence. Matty brings a lot of qualities but goal scoring (other than penalties) is not one of them and hasn’t been for a while

Forum Phoenix

Lets not be to hard on Nigro, he played the full game whereas Sotiro had only just come on.
Sotiro would also would have been penalised by a decent referee.

Also,on a down note I wasn`t really impressed with Matty.
He`s missed chances cost us the game and when he went off at Kuol, yeah not a good look for a mentor.
Sadly Matty`s days as a forward are long gone,he still has some value to the team but I think coming off the splinter would suit him better.

In saying that Urena hasn`t impressed me either. I know he`s only had a few cameos but he needs to be hungrier for goals.

Janota looked ok but one shot doesn`t make him a great player....:popcorn:
It’s his technical ability, clearly a level up imo. He’s quality style, you’ll see.

Nigro is at fault even if he’s pulled. As has been mentioned he either has to be strong enough or go down. But until that game we had the best defensive record in the league. So he at least deserves props for the part he’s played so far. I have more issues with his lack of attacking prowess than his defensive skills for now.

Also that goal was the team switching off on a bloody free kick, so they all bare some responsibility.

Looking forward to thumping them in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Lack of quality finishing was our Achilles heel. We bossed them all over the park for the entire second half
Not trying to make an excuse but the wet really played it’s part in that I thought. Does Matty make better connection with his first two chances if it’s dry? Probably, but still needed him to put them away,

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Of course, is there another way?
The one complaint I do have is that although the champagne came from a respectable house it really was of a lesser vintage.
I guess the Club is having to make do in these trying times and that I should not complain too much.
Well, quite.

onto it

It’s his technical ability, clearly a level up imo. He’s quality style, you’ll see.

Nigro is at fault even if he’s pulled. As has been mentioned he either has to be strong enough or go down. But until that game we had the best defensive record in the league. So he at least deserves props for the part he’s played so far. I have more issues with his lack of attacking prowess than his defensive skills for now.

Also that goal was the team switching off on a bloody free kick, so they all bare some responsibility.

Looking forward to thumping them in a couple of weeks.
It wasn't just the second goal when Nigro was the player most at fault. In the second minute of play he is shown to be severely wanting in his reaction and speed to get back and defend the hole he left at the right back.
With the first goal he was virtually in front of Rowles and made virtually no attempt to get across to stop the shot. The fact that he was so far out of position left the whole back line in a mess. Bouman to his credit did what he could to cover.
As for attacking prowess, it's non existent.
I think he's a pretender. One way or another the kid (and that's all he is) I think Nigro has to go.
I doubt the club has the resources to find a decent attacking wingback. It is a difficult role requiring top level skills. For me, Nigro is not demonstrating any.

Huddo

It wasn't just the second goal when Nigro was the player most at fault. In the second minute of play he is shown to be severely wanting in his reaction and speed to get back and defend the hole he left at the right back.
With the first goal he was virtually in front of Rowles and made virtually no attempt to get across to stop the shot. The fact that he was so far out of position left the whole back line in a mess. Bouman to his credit did what he could to cover.
As for attacking prowess, it's non existent.
I think he's a pretender. One way or another the kid (and that's all he is) I think Nigro has to go.
I doubt the club has the resources to find a decent attacking wingback. It is a difficult role requiring top level skills. For me, Nigro is not demonstrating any.

I think that's a bit harsh, against Sydney he had a near perfect game even though the fringes were targeted. I just think he was gassed in the last 15, and satirio who is renowned for his pace made the mariners pay, If anything a great move by Ufuk and something stadj should have recognised as a threat, but he didn't, and here we are, no major issues, just alot of learning points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami