• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ccm v nix rd5 go ahead thread ;)

Forum Phoenix

Really haven’t seen enough of them to make a decision either way.
Janota looked very tidy in his ten minutes. Marcos is obviously still not on the same wave length with our other attackers yet, but he definitely has some class and looks to be an intelligent footballer. Wasn’t lazy. Wasn’t slow either which someone mentioned last week.

I think they both look promising enough and better than what we have. Which visa players have to be.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I thank Janota was really good for his cameo, sharp turns and good little through balls on the edge of that box. Much more impact than Boumann
For sure more impact in his ten minutes than Bouman had throughout.

I don’t know what I’m supposed to be seeing with Bouman yet. It’s not pace, it’s not physicality, tackling, dribbling... the only thing is he seems to have a decent footballing head on his shoulders. But on tonight’s display, as a winger, he’s not HAL level. Says he’s a ten right? But I don’t see that happening.

Anyway, Smylie who I thought has been energetic and has done good things in other games was very poor tonight.

Casella I like, better wide than Bouman for sure. But he needs to drive forward or he’s wasting his best asset.

Be good to have Nizzy back. I like our youth, but we need our visa players to come in ASAP. Truth is once we fixed our midfield and stopped letting Davila run the game, we really should have run over the top of Wellington tonight.

I take confidence from the fact both losses I think we genuinely should have won. But we need to keep winning.

major positives.

Olly’s second half was a belter.
Rowles and Tongyik were excellent again. Clisby I dont want to jinx. But let’s just say,.. it’s actually working.

Stens had a terrible first half by his new standard, and like Mick said was caught out tactically without enough support, but was excellent second half.

Desilva was excellent again. I really started to doubt he would ever play this well again. But he’s going from strength to strength now.

Alou has an energy, pace and instinct that makes him very dangerous and could be big for us if we can keep him over the next 3 years.

Last edited:

Ozhammer

Sh*thouse result but an ok performance in retrospect. We have played worse and won already this season but need to start home games with the attitude of bossing our opponents from the outset but it took us over 30 minutes to do that tonight.

Casella should start on the left on Weds and slide DDS over to the right unless Nizzy is fit enough to start.

Staj got his subs wrong again tonight imho, Smylie is not the answer up front and Janota should have been bought on at least 10 minutes earlier. Our attacking play still needs a lot of work before it is where it needs to be.

turbo

SPOILER - City v Perth below

If you think we got unlucky with the result City were even unluckier, completely dominated the first half and went in to half time down 2-1. Second half Perth improved and added another. Perth had no business getting a draw never mind a win but football can be cruel.

JackMariner

Great to watch a live game again.

Worst refereeing I've seen in a long time.

We were ripped off and ripped ourselves off. Def should have won and i think would have in the dry.

Oli MoM for me, DDS second.

A zillion chances and a very impressive work rate but you don't score you don't win.
I agree, what is it with these refs that we get? He ruined that game for us. I suppose he's throwing back a few Monteiths or Speights with the Nux coach now.

priorpeter

FWIW, the initial subs were kinda forced. Kuol was about to come off for Casella at 54’ (with Bouman shifting up top), but Bouman did his hammy pretty much as the board went up, so ended up being a straight swap for Casella.

onto it

Ahh that clicked, Nizzy has been hiding a weakness there.
The jury was out for me with Nigro. I have yet to watch again but the Jury is back.
Nigro was poor overall and clearly shows the team has lack of depth at left back. He is a small player and very weak. It is also appears he lacks game smarts.
Re the Sotiro goal, to go from a position where Nigro had the advantage, with the ball at his front and attacker at his back, to stopping (affected by the shirt pull) then letting Sotiro go past and around to score was schoolboy level. I think Nigro was too embarrassed to protest the obvious foul, further demonstrating his lack of game nous.
All credit to the awesome Sotiro but I can't think of anyone else in the team who would have so easily let him score. Ollie and Stens... Tognik, Rowles, Clisby, Nizz... nah.
The team needs other options back there. It's a weakness.
Overall though the team is coming along well. As with others, I looking forward to foreigners fielding.

onto it

Bouman is a good player but in the wrong position and wasn't on his best form either tonight. We're used to seeing Niz in that spot doing very different work.

Bouman reminds me so much of Lewendowski, both in his looks and the way he gets around, unfortunately not in the output. I don't see a lot of good reading of situations or passing/team play but he has something. Perhaps better suited to the less cerebral roles, dare I say, striker or centre back? He seems to be a decent unit physically.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, the weather was shit...Alou‘s goal was Kuolity ....Urena aint leaping out at me, his got a case of McBreen back heel...Janota looks the goods (on the whole 11 minutes ive seen him) ...that second nix goal was sus as f**k , big handful of laundry ....City are in trouble on Wednesday ,lads will be spewing ....and on a side note we hate our new replacement COVID seats

Pirate Pete

....and on a side note we hate our new replacement COVID seats
Too far from the prawn sandwich stall?
icon_biggrin.gif

style_cafe

Lets not be to hard on Nigro, he played the full game whereas Sotiro had only just come on.
Sotiro would also would have been penalised by a decent referee.

Also,on a down note I wasn`t really impressed with Matty.
He`s missed chances cost us the game and when he went off at Kuol, yeah not a good look for a mentor.
Sadly Matty`s days as a forward are long gone,he still has some value to the team but I think coming off the splinter would suit him better.

In saying that Urena hasn`t impressed me either. I know he`s only had a few cameos but he needs to be hungrier for goals.

Janota looked ok but one shot doesn`t make him a great player....:popcorn:

Big Al

Lets not be to hard on Nigro, he played the full game whereas Sotiro had only just come on.
Sotiro would also would have been penalised by a decent referee.

Also,on a down note I wasn`t really impressed with Matty.
He`s missed chances cost us the game and when he went off at Kuol, yeah not a good look for a mentor.
Sadly Matty`s days as a forward are long gone,he still has some value to the team but I think coming off the splinter would suit him better.

In saying that Urena hasn`t impressed me either. I know he`s only had a few cameos but he needs to be hungrier for goals.

Janota looked ok but one shot doesn`t make him a great player....:popcorn:
Yeah i was looking for a arm on the shoulder when they were sitting next to each other to explain why he was pissed because i can tell you every striker should be going for it like Koul did. Matt needed to say hey i called for it but we will get them next time.

scottmac

Suspended
Was that the first game Nigro has played the full 90? I didn't think he was bad. Matt would be aware he fluffed a few good chances and that one the kuol intercepted would have been his best. I think his frustration at a lack of goals (or diminishing skill level) came out there. We are definitely a better side than them and should have been 1 or 2 up going into added time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami