• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

true believer

There's a thing called the healthcare system here in Australia Middy that has been drastically underfunded for many years and has a very thin workforce. If it collapses, you'll be asking the exact opposite. I know of aged care facilities that have on-site pop up morgues (basically refrigeration containers) to hold bodies because the system won't be able to cope with the influx. You know, exactly what we saw OS, that didn't happen here because 1. We're an island, and 2. Restrictions.
nailed it

turbo

It's about flattening the curve. If we're all gonna get it, best we don't all get it at the same time. Not all of our parents/grandparents can be in ICU at the same time. Gotta space them out to give the hospitals a chance to save lives.
That’s gone out the window here, I question if even a lockdown would be enough to stop it now. Probably still spread through many essential service workers anyway. WA definitely delaying the inevitable, can’t stay closed forever.

Ancient Mariner

I will feel more comfortable when we have more anti virals in the country.

I will not be exposing myself unnecessarily until the present overload of hospitals has subsided.

dibo

That’s gone out the window here, I question if even a lockdown would be enough to stop it now. Probably still spread through many essential service workers anyway. WA definitely delaying the inevitable, can’t stay closed forever.
Stopping ain't gonna happen. But flattening the curve is always possible. Ensuring people can get tested would help!

dibo

I'm not worried about me, but I'm worried about giving it to my in-laws especially; they're vaxxed, but they're in their 70s.

turbo

Imagine that. Being able to be tested. I mean it's not like we've had 2 years to get ready for this
With todays announcement that if you test positive to a RAT you don’t need a PCR test our already bad data is going to become complete garbage.

Coastalraider

With todays announcement that if you test positive to a RAT you don’t need a PCR test our already bad data is going to become complete garbage.
The section of data that is currently relevant will still be relevant - regardless of number of PCR, RAT or undiagnosed covid cases, hospitalisations and ICU numbers will remain accurate. That is the metric that matters now.

pjennings

Knowing where infections are enables planning/response for hospitalisations as that usually lags behind the infections. With no way of knowing how many tests that have been used then we will not capture that data. A metrics only useful if you can use it. Capturing and reporting data on hospitalisations and ICjU without understanding the extent of the testing and the positivity rate tells us what has happened after it has happened. Capture the data properly and use the data. Otherwise it is only for the history books.

Big Al

The section of data that is currently relevant will still be relevant - regardless of number of PCR, RAT or undiagnosed covid cases, hospitalisations and ICU numbers will remain accurate. That is the metric that matters now.
And actual hospitalisation from covid not other issues with covid picked up on admission.

In a sporting description we need more detailed box scores.

I personally think it won’t be to long until you can’t get a PCR test unless you go to hospital because you are sick.

A lot of people are struggling to adapt to the changes after being told to take these actions for so long and have rightly done the right thing but we are moving out of daily numbers as we move towards living with it.

if you are sick stay home until you are better and if you are really sick go to hospital. No need to worry about a test anymore.

Insertnamehere

Imagine that. Being able to be tested. I mean it's not like we've had 2 years to get ready for this
Not only that but weve also had an outsiders view of what works and what doesn't. UK bungle the f**k out of things until it came to testing and vaxxing. US has a microcosm of different approaches, we had the chance to pick the best bits from every state.

But nope let's just bungle in the dark like a virgin trying undo their first bra.

Coastalraider

Knowing where infections are enables planning/response for hospitalisations as that usually lags behind the infections. With no way of knowing how many tests that have been used then we will not capture that data. A metrics only useful if you can use it. Capturing and reporting data on hospitalisations and ICjU without understanding the extent of the testing and the positivity rate tells us what has happened after it has happened. Capture the data properly and use the data. Otherwise it is only for the history books.
Which is what is happening now anyway. We haven’t been getting full data on positivity since omicron arrived due to the high number of people who are kit symptomatic or unable to actually receive a PCR test. What we have been getting is a sample size. We will continue to get a sample size, but from a smaller sample.

I know of a sporting team that currently has around 75-80% of its staff covid positive (nothing to do with the mariners). 1 of those positive cases has proper symptoms. So for that entire organisation, 1 staff member would have gone and had a PCR test based on feeling I’ll and having symptoms. The remaining were only picked up due to enforced regular RAT testing and were not symptomatic. Extrapolate that on the general population, and the gen pops inability to access RATs, and it’s easy to understand that the numbers we are receiving for daily cases is not only now mostly irrelevant due to the phase we are moving into of living with the virus in the community, but also mostly irrelevant due the fact it’s completely inaccurate.

pjennings

Which is what is happening now anyway. We haven’t been getting full data on positivity since omicron arrived due to the high number of people who are kit symptomatic or unable to actually receive a PCR test. What we have been getting is a sample size. We will continue to get a sample size, but from a smaller sample.

I know of a sporting team that currently has around 75-80% of its staff covid positive (nothing to do with the mariners). 1 of those positive cases has proper symptoms. So for that entire organisation, 1 staff member would have gone and had a PCR test based on feeling I’ll and having symptoms. The remaining were only picked up due to enforced regular RAT testing and were not symptomatic. Extrapolate that on the general population, and the gen pops inability to access RATs, and it’s easy to understand that the numbers we are receiving for daily cases is not only now mostly irrelevant due to the phase we are moving into of living with the virus in the community, but also mostly irrelevant due the fact it’s completely inaccurate.
No it isn't. You get the kit and there is no record of where it was bought, whether it was used or what the positivity rate is.

In the UK they each have an individual QR code so you use it and scan it to the NHS. They have been posted the kit to you, you have used it and have recorded it - positive or negative. The mass of data can be used to target health services where they are needed most as hospitalisations follow after a lag infections.

In football you take stats - not for posterity - but to understand performance and make adjustments. Same principle should apply here.

turbo

To an extent sure but when our leaders are talking like it’ll peak and drop off that’s impossible to know without a decent level of testing. It doesn’t help give confidence to the community that we’re getting past it (whenever that happens).

All they’ve done is hide big numbers that look poor for Scomo & Dom.

And with the mess that they’ve found themselves in with RATs people can’t be relied upon to test and do the right thing because it’s too much hassle to find them and expensive in the long run. I’d go broke if I spent $10-20 a pop on tests every time I had any symptoms which also align with hayfever and any number of benign bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami