• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

midfielder

Shaun

This is Hals 15th season, these are our results...

Season === Place
=== 1====== 3 =
=== 2 ====== 6 =
=== 3====== 1 =
=== 4====== 4 =
=== 5====== 8 =
=== 6====== 2 =
=== 7====== 1 =
=== 8====== 2=
=== 9====== 3 =
===10======8 =
===11======spoon =
===12======8 =
===13======spoon =
===14======spoon =
===15======spoon =

Shaun, we are becoming a big problem for the development of professional Football in Australia many fans are asking why we should be allowed to be in Div 1....

This in any other league would not be accepted ... and the drums are beating ...

Do something as next year I can see a massive fall off in membership and crowds ...

Ironbark

Shaun

This is Hals 15th season, these are our results...

Season === Place
=== 1====== 3 =
=== 2 ====== 6 =
=== 3====== 1 =
=== 4====== 4 =
=== 5====== 8 =
=== 6====== 2 =
=== 7====== 1 =
=== 8====== 2=
=== 9====== 3 =
===10======8 =
===11======spoon =
===12======8 =
===13======spoon =
===14======spoon =
===15======spoon =

Shaun, we are becoming a big problem for the development of professional Football in Australia many fans are asking why we should be allowed to be in Div 1....

This in any other league would not be accepted ... and the drums are beating ...

Do something as next year I can see a massive fall off in membership and crowds ...
I can guarantee the fall off in membership and crowds starting next home game.

I'm my circles I have been one of the last rusted-ons rallying to keep others involved. I've about cracked and have no argument left to gee anyone up or to give anyone any hope or belief to keep following CCM. If this season unfolds the way it is clearly going...forget a 5th consecutive 'rebuilding' year next season because it's as good as over as far as the majority fan base is concerned.

turbo

I dont understand how the club can expect to negotiate for stadium management rights when there's clearly not enough investment on the pitch leaving the club bleeding fans and therefore dollars. I'd love to know what the end game is here because it's seriously looking like the strategy is run the club in to the ground until the league will allow a sell and relocate bid.

midfielder

I can guarantee the fall off in membership and crowds starting next home game.

I'm my circles I have been one of the last rusted-ons rallying to keep others involved. I've about cracked and have no argument left to gee anyone up or to give anyone any hope or belief to keep following CCM. If this season unfolds the way it is clearly going...forget a 5th consecutive 'rebuilding' year next season because it's as good as over as far as the majority fan base is concerned.

I said at the end of last year improvement is needed ... we have improved but the lack of a quality striker, quality centre back, and the list goes on.

I think everyone struggles with is the logic of spend as little as possible ... for every 1 000 fans per game over 13 home games so 13, 000 @ $ 20.00 per fans is $ 260, 000, so an extra 3, 000 fans is $ 760, 000...... add to this the more positive media for sponsors etc...

Away from the CC you must hear the demands that we either improve or go.... given his track record I cannot see even the new Hal allowing MC to move the club...Canberra the Gong, Strikers Brisbane, Adelaide City, South Melbourne, Melbourne Knights, F airfield City [combined Marconi, Sydney United, plus one other team I forget the name of] .... all have local Football folk wanting to invest in a new team... MC's chances of relocating given how he has run down the club and Hal in general is IMO nil...

In closing that we don't have an A-League standard striker or have not had one since the Snake left is inexcusable ....

In closing and maybe this is poorly understood by MC... we have four codes of Football and a very strong cricket season... its not like Europe and if we fall over apart from a few of us no one would care ...

Forum Phoenix

I dont understand how the club can expect to negotiate for stadium management rights when there's clearly not enough investment on the pitch leaving the club bleeding fans and therefore dollars. I'd love to know what the end game is here because it's seriously looking like the strategy is run the club in to the ground until the league will allow a sell and relocate bid.

I really don’t think that’s the case. I think it’s simply what it is. An owner who has repeatedly put what he feels he can afford into what might as well be a not for profit philanthropist venture.

I’m not of the opinion that MC has ever been in it for the money. I think when assessed fairly it’s a pretty non sensical suggestion, not saying you think this btw turbo, just commonly repeated by people as though it’s a fact - which factually makes no sense unless people know a lot more than they’ve ever said publicly.

I’ve no doubt MC wants to make money from the club and be successful. He should, But even with the COE it’s not an even remotely smart way to expect to try and make your fortune. To lose one though, it’s an excellent strategy.

I think people have always seen this ass backwards. Completely legitimate to say the club is underfunded and won’t be competitive until more money is spent and be bloody unhappy about that - we’ve tested the theory over 5 years and it’s obviously true - but to assign the motive for that failure as greed is silly. Wombat says tight arse.... and I guess he’s right that we certainly do need a ‘wider arse’, But I also don’t think there’s a long line of people keen to lose money on CCM.

Stadium rights make a lot of sense. Can likely increase profit margins, help offset losses, create additional revenue streams and improve game day experiences. Very very good idea for a cash strapped club imo.

Last edited:

Drew

I think the only thing that would motivate the club to actually spend more is a second division and promotion/relegation.. right now, there is no punishment for finishing in the bottom 2 so MC probably feels he doesn't need to spend as much because there is no consequence, in that sense we are safe until pro/rel happens. but once promotion/relegation comes into play, it'll almost force MC (if he is still the owner) to spend more money and improve the squad because there is that risk of dropping out of the top division in Australia which could be devastating for the club. it will mean there is more of a fight to not get into those bottom places and hopefully means we will be more competitive with more money. realistically, once a second division is formed and pro/rel comes, unfortunately I feel like the mariners will probably one of the first teams relegated, we just don't have the financial power to be able to compete with the top teams and we never will, that's just reality, but right now we need either MC to spend more or the club needs a new owner

Forum Phoenix

I said at the end of last year improvement is needed ... we have improved but the lack of a quality striker, quality centre back, and the list goes on.

I think everyone struggles with is the logic of spend as little as possible ... for every 1 000 fans per game over 13 home games so 13, 000 @ $ 20.00 per fans is $ 260, 000, so an extra 3, 000 fans is $ 760, 000...... add to this the more positive media for sponsors etc...

Away from the CC you must hear the demands that we either improve or go.... given his track record I cannot see even the new Hal allowing MC to move the club...Canberra the Gong, Strikers Brisbane, Adelaide City, South Melbourne, Melbourne Knights, F airfield City [combined Marconi, Sydney United, plus one other team I forget the name of] .... all have local Football folk wanting to invest in a new team... MC's chances of relocating given how he has run down the club and Hal in general is IMO nil...

In closing that we don't have an A-League standard striker or have not had one since the Snake left is inexcusable ....

In closing and maybe this is poorly understood by MC... we have four codes of Football and a very strong cricket season... its not like Europe and if we fall over apart from a few of us no one would care ...

Anyone know what we actually clear on say every $10 worth of game entry?

midfielder

Anyone know what we actually clear on say every $10 worth of game entry?

My guess is the stadium cost are the same regardless of the crowd, the only variable would be how much security you need to engage.

So from your $ 10.00 would be GST of 0.91 cents.... meaning a ticket that cost 9.10 plus GST of $ 0.90 cents is $ 10.00.

Then we have Ticeteck [spelt wrong] commission... guessing its say 15%.

So 15% of 9.10 is $ 1.36....

So from the $ 10.00 less 0.90 GST & assume $ 1.36 in commission. netting ... $ 7.74 or 77.4% assuming the 15% is close to the actual.

Taking your question a stage further say for every extra 1 k per match @ $ 23.00 per ticket average price is ... $ 23.00 @ 77.4% = $ 17. 80 .

1, 000 @ 17.80 = $ 17, 800 per match over a season of 13 games is $ 231, 400
2, 000 extra is $ 462, 800
3, 000 extra is $ 694, 200

The two variables in the above are the guessed commission rate of 15% & the $23.00 average ticket price. However the formula works

Ads

My guess is the stadium cost are the same regardless of the crowd, the only variable would be how much security you need to engage.

So from your $ 10.00 would be GST of 0.91 cents.... meaning a ticket that cost 9.10 plus GST of $ 0.90 cents is $ 10.00.

Then we have Ticeteck [spelt wrong] commission... guessing its say 15%.

So 15% of 9.10 is $ 1.36....

So from the $ 10.00 less 0.90 GST & assume $ 1.36 in commission. netting ... $ 7.74 or 77.4% assuming the 15% is close to the actual.

Taking your question a stage further say for every extra 1 k per match @ $ 23.00 per ticket average price is ... $ 23.00 @ 77.4% = $ 17. 80 .

1, 000 @ 17.80 = $ 17, 800 per match over a season of 13 games is $ 231, 400
2, 000 extra is $ 462, 800
3, 000 extra is $ 694, 200

The two variables in the above are the guessed commission rate of 15% & the $23.00 average ticket price. However the formula works

More crowd means more security and services needed as well.

Then with family tickets + kids tickets and also a lot of free tickets floating around.

I honestly think the average casual attendee would be an average ticket price of $8-14.
(Most the time I cant give away free tickets)

turbo

I think when assessed fairly it’s a pretty non sensical suggestion, not saying you think this btw turbo, just commonly repeated by people as though it’s a fact - which factually makes no sense unless people know a lot more than they’ve ever said publicly.
It's not so much that I believe it's the case but its getting very hard to see another plan here. A huge amount of damage has been done to the clubs image and supporter base over the last few years. We were averaging over 8k for years before 14-15 and then dropped a bit but over 7k (still decent for our small market) until last season where we dropped to 5562 and this season will be marginally better. Those are fans that could stick with the club through some lean years but said enough is enough and it is hundreds of thousands of dollars no longer going to the club. I'm sure we all know a few. How many more will fall away at the end of this season? That trend wont reverse without some serious improvement and I dare say it may even need to be sustained effort as people are wary of a few good games before returning to form.

Dropping attendances and viewers along with a terrible reputation and community sentiment lower our commercial value for sponsors and partners so the club will bleed money there too. I can only assume someone high up at Masterfoods loves CCM but their faith is being tested. There's no doubt the leagues metrics arent great either but our problems are our own issue. I get that MC cant be writing blank cheques but the current approach will only contribute to further losses that arent sustainable. We need a squad the coast can get behind again, it doesn't have to be top 3 but it cant be in the wooden spoon conversation either. If you're going to lose a certain amount of money anyway you may as well do it mid table rather than holding up the ladder and looking like you're squatting on a license. This is the case we need the management of the club putting forward to MC to push for change.

On the topic of stadium rights and the W league for that matter there would be a perception of 'well you can't really handle whats on your plate at the moment so how can we trust you with this?' W league is just another expense so it makes zero sense when we cant field a good mens team and for the stadium how can you expect the club to maintain or invest in the stadium when they are running on an oily rag? Everything the club is doing to it's reputation is shooting it's ambitions in the foot and people are running low on faith.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Hoi Shaun tell the powers that be to sell the joint ...unless they want to go for a record amount of wooden spoons that is

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

remember last season how we were all talking about posting wooden spoons to the club addressed to MC?
I'm having a hard time believing anything is going to change while he's at the helm.
Thing is, who's he accountable to? He gets to do what he wants - it's the poor saps manning the phones on Monday that have to deal with the crap his refusal to invest causes.

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

remember last season how we were all talking about posting wooden spoons to the club addressed to MC?
I'm having a hard time believing anything is going to change while he's at the helm.
Thing is, who's he accountable to? He gets to do what he wants - it's the poor saps manning the phones on Monday that have to deal with the crap his refusal to invest causes.
You can find his business address in the UK pretty easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami