• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

Allreet?

I reckon Arnie will want to take him, given how well he did against Peru and how well he's started at Hearts. In fact, I reckon he'd be first picked among the CBs.

That ought to mean a fair bit of latitude regarding his availability. Will be in the squad until the last second, I'd say.

Rising Sun

First mention of an injury, could have been picked up in training. Hope it's not too serious.
First thing to hope is that it IS an injury (rather than "injury" being a cover story for anything else), and then hope that it is not too serious.

Hopefully he hasn't breached any policies the club has around social media usage that puts him at risk of having his contract torn up.

Tevor

First thing to hope is that it IS an injury (rather than "injury" being a cover story for anything else), and then hope that it is not too serious.

Hopefully he hasn't breached any policies the club has around social media usage that puts him at risk of having his contract torn up.
DUTD played in the Scottish Cup last night and Birraz wasn't on the team sheet at all so there could be fact to an actual injury.

Meerkat

Cover story was my thoughts too.

Allreet?

I'd love him to get his contract torn up.

Absolutely dreadful club he's gone to. If he'd stayed at the Mariners he would've been a strong chance of going to the World Cup (probably in Vuka's spot). Now he's got no chance and it's Vuka's spot to lose.

Rising Sun

I'd love him to get his contract torn up.

Absolutely dreadful club he's gone to. If he'd stayed at the Mariners he would've been a strong chance of going to the World Cup (probably in Vuka's spot). Now he's got no chance and it's Vuka's spot to lose.
I think the WC spot was Vuka's to lose once he signed with us (i.e. signed with a club where he was guaranteed game time).

It's deadline day in Europe so would not be good at all to get his contract torn up today. DU is still a fair option for him, they were a decent team last year so the new manager ought to be able to fix up the defensive woes and the competition for the starting spot is not that tough.

sydmariner

nope broken foot

Rising Sun

nope broken foot
Wrong player - the sub-thread was about Birraz - Dundee Utd have recalled a GK from loan to cover for him as he is out with an injury

Meerkat

Wrong player - the sub-thread was about Birraz - Dundee Utd have recalled a GK from loan to cover for him as he is out with an injury

I just feel like it’s so unlikely. The guy barely got a niggle when he played with us and now he’s sitting on their bench.

I suspect Dundee aren’t willing to risk him on the team sheet with the fans hating on him like no other and need a cover to save face.

Rising Sun

I just feel like it’s so unlikely. The guy barely got a niggle when he played with us and now he’s sitting on their bench.

I suspect Dundee aren’t willing to risk him on the team sheet with the fans hating on him like no other and need a cover to save face.
Sheesh you are more cynical than me and that's going some ?

Mick might be on to something - the Mariners "overseas transfer injury curse". Kye didn't miss a game through injury in the last 2 seasons for the Mariners (missed Sydney away but I think that was covid) and now look at him. Maty got injured fairly soon after his breakthrough move to Valencia and again when he joined Real Sociedad. Throw in the bizarre Sains injury, and the birraz injury starts to make more sense.

Maybe Richard can refer to the "curse" next time he is trying to dissuade a player from going overseas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred